Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Did the man say such dumbass things early in his career? Or has he just gone senile now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

Did the man say such dumbass things early in his career? Or has he just gone senile now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/6889833/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-wants-to-scrap-throw-ins.html

8 years ago he was on a crusade to ban throw ins because he got owned by Rory Delap.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ozil's wife is divorcing him. Turns out he was seeing someone on the side.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

He was asked a question about VAR and how it could have affected Arsenal in years past. He gave an honest answer that it would have helped in the 2006 CL final among other decisions. I don't see what the big deal is.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

:laffo:

Most women won't put up with a wandering eye

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Ninpo posted:

:laffo:

:discourse:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Can you blame him? His mistress slid in his DMs promising to gently caress him until he couldn't see straight.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

One eye on the pitch, one eye on the bitch(es)

Eh

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Lemon posted:

One eye on the pitch, one eye on the bitch(es)

Eh

:eng99:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

African AIDS cum posted:

Ninpo posted:

Bobby Digital posted:

Can you blame him? His mistress slid in his DMs promising to gently caress him until he couldn't see straight.

Great job kudos all around

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/WBA/status/8781...s-live-13226435

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
West Brom are as good a club off the pitch as they are poo poo to watch on it.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
This is the club's response to hearing that no one could stand to watch them

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

brocked posted:

:roflolmao:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

brocked posted:

noice

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

brocked posted:

:lol:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Can someone explain the allure of standing spaces at games? No sport in America does this and Ive never understood the appeal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ayb posted:

Can someone explain the allure of standing spaces at games? No sport in America does this and Ive never understood the appeal

It's cheap and it's fun. Are you the guy that sits alone in the mezzanine at a concert?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ayb posted:

You can't get a good run up to kick someone in the head if there's chairs in the way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ayb posted:

americans are fat as heck m8

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ayb posted:

- Fit more people in
- Certainly a better sense of community

But more to the point

People will stand anyway, it's going to happen. This is super fun when you're with your father who is certainly not disabled but has no fun at all standing for 90 minutes. I'm hoping good, well organised standing sections, will be accompanied by making sure that the sitting sections are also just that.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ayb posted:

sure i can jump around and cheer and have fun but where do i put my hot dog and gallon of cola

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

RideTheSpiral posted:

sure i can jump around and cheer and have fun but where do i put my hot dog and gallon of cola beer

youve missed a critical point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ayb posted:

this is not true. Students sections at college games always stand

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The Green Bay Packers offer standing room only tickets for some of the bigger matchups.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
standing up keeps you warmer

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

ayb posted:

Nobody sits in the supporter's sections at MLS games, not in my experience anyway.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Guys, I understand that people in certain sections stand up at sporting events, my question is about the appeal of a standing only area. Is the area built with steps? How are people in the back supposed to see?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

was it really that hard to google? safe standing is a thing elsewhere

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ayb posted:

Guys, I understand that people in certain sections stand up at sporting events, my question is about the appeal of a standing only area. Is the area built with steps? How are people in the back supposed to see?

this is a problem that was figured out by the time ancient rome rolled around man, jesus loving christ

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

ayb posted:

You stand in height order so the tall guys at the back look over the short guys at the front

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

ayb posted:

Good god

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

ayb posted:

You know those 3d glasses you get when you go to the cinema? You get the same thing at standing only sections, only it's like a periscope with variable height so everyone can see. That's the appeal.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Sitting is for fags, OP. And yes, I'm sitting rn.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Nostradingus posted:

Nobody sits in the supporter's sections at MLS games, not in my experience anyway.

Its hard to go dooping mental sitting down I find, but on the other hand, easier to not give a crud

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ayb posted:

It works like any other stadium section, but there are no seats. The appeal is that it's more fun to scream and yell and act like a jackass when you're standing up.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The appeal is that it's easier to rush the opposing team fans when there are no seats in the way. It's also easier to fight the police. Or run away from them.

Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFYjI0V91yc&t=165s

mackintosh fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 25, 2017

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Its hard to go dooping mental sitting down I find, but on the other hand, easier to not give a crud

please don't insult our heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Thing with a standing section is that league and cup games will be brilliant for the first Prem club to implement it, but as soon as you get your first Europa league fixture against FC Russian Ultra Headcases it'll go massively wrong and the media will kill the idea for another 30 years.

• Locked thread