Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mods rename me to Catfish Concealer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
When the Penguins won the Cup 8 years ago, they literally carved SATAN on it

Never forget

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yinz're going to win the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row and a thing which crosses your mind is "Ew, gross, we have to put Ron HAINSEY's name on the Cup?"? Yinz poor thing.

Never played in the playoffs until this year Ron Hainsey? Played on lovely Jackets, Thrashers, and Canes for most of his career Hainsey?

Good time to remind folks that Ribeiro has the 40+ regular season games required to get his name on the cup should the Preds win

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

pekka
cant you hear me yella
youre puttin me through hecka
PEKKA! PEKKA!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I think Jake and Murray are pretty good no matter what team they're on. Especially Murray.

Sheary definitely got the Crosby bump I think.
kunitz and neal were very good players away from crosby and malkin but its hard not to see the bump they got. guentzel seems about that level of player, which is a very solid get, but i dont think that qualifies him as a star and i think a penguins team built around guentzel would be a pretty lovely team.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Captain Internet posted:

If these games were played on paper than the Capitals would be tripping everywhere cause their skates are made for ice.

Sorry everyone, I was real proud of this joke and I don't think anyone saw it.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Eric the Mauve posted:

Last year's playoffs raised expectations too high for Sheary but he's going to be a very solid second line winger for a long time.
At the very worst he is going to crush it as a 3rd line winger on an energy line

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Eric the Mauve posted:

When the Penguins won the Cup 8 years ago, they literally carved SATAN on it

Never forget

Šatan

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Eh, don't underestimate the little fella too much. He's a solid as gently caress two-way forward and he's probably good for 30-40 points on another team with minimal powerplay time. Can't ask for much more for a supplementary player.

Depends on the team. He'd probably be pretty awful on the Devils. Conversely I wonder if you take someone like I dunno Miles Wood and swap him with Sheary. Is Wood a different player on the Pens? I'd say it's likely.

I think there's a ton of guys like Sheary out there who just don't get the chance and who could do good things on average to good NHL teams.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Okay, so he forgot the horns. Big deal.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Captain Internet posted:

I enjoyed it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Lmao Styx is subbing as the cover band. Say what you want, that's awesome.

My dream band was the Black Keys sub in, but oh well.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Depends on the team. He'd probably be pretty awful on the Devils. Conversely I wonder if you take someone like I dunno Miles Wood and swap him with Sheary. Is Wood a different player on the Pens? I'd say it's likely.

I think there's a ton of guys like Sheary out there who just don't get the chance and who could do good things on average to good NHL teams.

Yes but that's because the Devils are run by idiots. See also: the Ducks having no use for Carl Hagelin and deciding they would rather have David Perron.

e: See also also the fact that the loving Oilers of all teams waived Jultz and almost every other team in the league didn't want him, because hockey coaches and GMs are mostly very slow to adapt to the idea that defensemen who suck at traditional stay-at-home-defenseman things can still be good if they skate real fast and move the puck real well.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Styx is amazing cause them and Deep Purple play loving Rib Fests.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Infidel Castro posted:

Okay, so he forgot the horns. Big deal.

Miroslav looks like a slick rear end devil too :raise:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Spring Break My Heart posted:

kunitz and neal were very good players away from crosby and malkin but its hard not to see the bump they got. guentzel seems about that level of player, which is a very solid get, but i dont think that qualifies him as a star and i think a penguins team built around guentzel would be a pretty lovely team.

Oh Guentzel is probably getting a bump too given who he's playing with. I just think moreso than Sheary that he'd be good almost anywhere. Ditto MM.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
lol I'm remembering Fedetenko's lil elf face.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yinz're going to win the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row and a thing which crosses your mind is "Ew, gross, we have to put Ron HAINSEY's name on the Cup?"? Yinz poor thing.

Never played in the playoffs until this year Ron Hainsey? Played on lovely Jackets, Thrashers, and Canes for most of his career Hainsey?
I can't be a Yinzer, I'm from Cincinnati :smugdog:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

They're def one of the better "ok this is super over the top but I can go with this" bands.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Abner Assington posted:

Condolences on the chilli.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes but that's because the Devils are run by idiots. See also: the Ducks having no use for Carl Hagelin and deciding they would rather have David Perron.

e: See also also the fact that the loving Oilers of all teams waived Jultz and almost every other team in the league didn't want him, because hockey coaches and GMs are mostly very slow to adapt to the idea that defensemen who suck at traditional stay-at-home-defenseman things can still be good if they skate real fast and move the puck real well.
perron has very clearly been better than hagelin since that trade.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Nashville playing Renegade. Very dangerous thing to do.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Guentzel has always had the kind of nose for finding the puck and finishing that you can't teach and that is hard to identify in teenagers. I think if healthy he's going to be a consistent 30 goal scorer in the NHL even without Crosby or Geno and may score 40+ a year or two with them.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Spring Break My Heart posted:

perron has very clearly been better than hagelin since that trade.

If Perron and Hagelin were phones I would prefer Hagelin cause he got a ring.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Abner Assington posted:

I'm just saying, the inconvenience of inscribing Ron Hainsey's name on the Cup is a small price to pay for a championship. I'd put Luca Sbisa's name on the Cup if it meant my dumb team won.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

lol I'm remembering Fedetenko's lil elf face.

It's really disturbing how much of that 2009 team could feasibly be playing if they didn't wash the gently caress out. Fedotenko is 38, Sykora is 40, Kennedy is only 30, Cooke 38, Talbot 33.

Then somehow Cullen is still playing better than most of these guys at his age now.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Roenick acting. YEA

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Captain Internet posted:

Condolences on the chilli.
Born and raised with it so I don't mind it but I totally understand why people think it's repulsive.

I only eat it when I'm blacked out, anyway.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm surprised Talbot is only 33 but Kennedy and Sykora were pretty legendary for their lack of interest in conditioning if I recall. Coaches universally couldn't stand either one of them, it wasn't just Michel Therrien's usual inability to tolerate anyone who isn't a good (French) Canadian boy

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
If you think Nashville is coming back in this series, you're Fooling Yourself.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Captain Internet posted:

I saw Deep Purple play after a rodeo a few years ago.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I loving loved Talbot. Imagine any of those guys in their prime on this team though. I literally can't.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
please slap me to death with a catfish

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Captain Internet posted:

I enjoyed this joke.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Nashville has a decent chance to win the series if they win tonight... but yeah, obviously they have to win tonight

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Thufir posted:

I saw Deep Purple play after a rodeo a few years ago.

I'd have to ask myself where I'm at in life if I'm watching Deep Purple after a rodeo.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

AsInHowe posted:

I enjoyed this joke.

Thank you, I need to get a fuckin Av so my terrible posting can be discerned from my good posting and not just be white noise.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Petey posted:

please slap me to death with a catfish

Me too please.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

Thank you, I need to get a fuckin Av so my terrible posting can be discerned from my good posting and not just be white noise.

Might I recommend:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Saw this and had to preserve it for posterity.

• Locked thread