Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

Slowly but surely working on a EGA Trek-like called "Captain's Starlog."

Where you have the USS Concord a not-Federation ship fighting the not-Mongols and not-Klingons.

Working with Love-Stole-the-Day. It's using Unreal, which is a bit overkill for a basic sprite-vector game but a good exercise for me to relearn Unreal since the last time I used it was doing Tribes: Vengeance levels.

The not-Federation logo.

The not-Klingon logo.

Atarask fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
Well here's a bit more done. and the difficulty selection screen.

Sprite sheet.

Despite trying to base them more on the EGA Trek Mongols than actual klinks... well they still look klinkish.

Difficulty selection. The red is getting nixed as it does distract from the actual selection buttons.

The not-Romulan, Tiberulan logo.

Atarask fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 18, 2017

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
@Drone, thanks! That's what we're going for.

After some of Love's comments we swapped the menu around to the left side:

The red on new game also not nixed on the warp figure, also there's the whole main menu button thing so you can escape:

The super exciting load menu:

The hyper-exciting scores menu:

...and finally options! So many options for a basically glorified ASCII game:

In typical Trek spirit we have so much screenspace to be wasted on useless LCARS stuff! But who needs a good UX in a post scarcity society?

Atarask fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 19, 2017

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

Love Stole the Day posted:

The artwork for the stuff is done for the most part with me and my partner's attempt at a thing for this jam. I'm just working with the lovely programmer art to make the game mechanics work.

Here's a little bit of progress (was typing too fast for the framerate of the recording):

To go with that a "saving the galaxy without getting prosecuted" updated ISU logo.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

Willbutt posted:

It looks like it, and I'm very excited.

Yep, EGA trek with a fancier 1080p graphics is the plan. ...and an inventory system for away-team mission quest stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
Well Captain's Starlog will have to join the wall of shame with THE MOOCH. But we'll keep working on it :)

• Locked thread