Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Aw I'd have been all for this if it was play by post, I'm UK based so the time zones would make a set time difficult. I'd have known another goon who'd definitely be interested too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Pepper the Pangolin & Salt the Chao

Backstory: Pepper was born in the Rocky Jungle Zone and immersed in flora form an early age. Deep within jungle thicket, he lived peacefully, never disturbed by the Soumerca Egg Army. His green-thumnb flourished in such a lush environment. The humidity kept strangers away, and Pepper was content to spend his days curled in a lazy ball. Until Salt came along. A shooting star, landing in impenetrable tangles, Pepper found the Chao struggling in a mass of vines. Bringing the young'n back to his tree-top home, the cacaphony of Egg Army drones filled dense vegetation.

They were searching for the chao.

Pepper fled in a hail of gunfire, sleeping Chao wrapped in a bundle of cloth. He watched in horror as flames engulfed the home he had loved.

In months of travelling he found the world outside the jungle to be imposing. Years of heavy labour had given Pepper tenacity. Soft leaves gave way to harsh steel, roboticised Mobians proving far more ferocious than any jungle creature. Pepper pressed on, Chao tucked to his chest, through metal labyrinths that hurt his ears and belched black smoke. During their time travelling, he grew fond of the Chao, who he had named Salt. Salt was mischevous, but infectiously curious. He'd happily float past harmful badniks, or hug Chao-smugglers. The parts of this new world that gave Pepper anxiety thrilled the Chao.

Eventually, he found paradise. A luxurious Chao garden, nestled away from the world. Pepper's chao didn't play nicely. He warily avoided other Chao, almost drowned in the clear blue lakes. Pepper picked him up, and brought him to each new Chao Garden he could find. You can't rush these things, he thought- the root picks the soil.

Salt never chose a garden. Eventually, Pepper realised- he himself could grow a garden. They're nothing but leaves and water, after all. Sure, there's something mystical about 'em, but with enough patience, you can solve that.

Pepper and Salt have been inseperable since. His ultimate goal is to grow a Chao garden for not just Salt, but other wayward creatures. If he can crack a few Egg Army heads in the meantime, well, that only sweetens the deal.

High Concept:
Dozey farmer & his new liability
Trouble: His Danger-prone dependent - Salt isn't like Cheese. He's useless in a fight, and spends most of his time poking things that shouldn't be poked. Pepper's new-found job is to chase after him in these situations. Hey, you try baby-sitting a restless ball of curiosity that can fly.

Aspect 1: Grass for his pillow- Pepper is used to slumming it, whether that's in grassy steppes or jungle thicket. He can survive comfortably in the wilderness with natural savvy. Put him in an urban or industrial setting and he wilts unhappily. He's also naive when it comes to the workings of city-life.
Aspect 2: You can't hurry the crops- Pepper's incredibly patient. He's happy to wait out a problem and work out the best course of action. This probably means he's too slow to act for a lot of people; and often they'll think he's slow-witted.
Aspect 3: All I needs me'earth and me'Chao- Pepper cares deeply for nature. Any money he makes from adventuring goes towards finding the secrets of a Chao garden. It does mean he is overly protective of Salt, but also that he hates environmental disrespect. Sure, he'll fight the Eggman Empire with passion, but it also means don't tread on his crops...

Stunt 1: I'll be seein' ya: Gain a +2 bonus to a single Rapport roll providing you have met the opposing NPC at least once before.
Stunt 2: Rolling rush: Pepper rolls into a ball to use his momentum in a fight. +2 to attack with Fight whenever Pepper moves at least one zone unopposed before attacking.
Stunt 3: Grappler. +2 to Physique rolls made to create advantages on an enemy by wrestling or grappling with them.

+4 Skill: Physique
+3 Skills: Athletics, Rapport
+2 Skills: Lore, Fight, Empathy
+1 Skills: Will, Notice, Investigate, Stealth

(I even made my own lovely OC art donut steel)

Skeletome fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 16, 2017

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

QUESTION TIME WITH PEPPER AND SALT

1) What is your greatest dream in life?

I want to see Mobius as green as I remember it from when I woz a lit'lun. It won't be an overnight thing, it won't, but I want to see lush fields across the zones again. I know the whole bloody world's gone mad, and people like their big metal cities, but s'long as I've got a nice patch o'farmland to call me'own, I'll be beamin'. I'll do me'bit and then some.

2) What is your greatest fear?

Whenever I've tried t'get Salt t'settle down in a garden, it's never gone well. 'Ee doesn't seem t'get on nicely with the others...'cos 'ee's scared of 'em I'd say. Little bugger'll try t'chew the nose of an egg soldier, but 'ee won't play with spuds his age.

I do get a bit worried I do, that 'ee'll never find a home. Poor lit'lun isn't one for the big 'arsh world. I don't mind lookin' after him in the meantime though.

3) Give me your thoughts on each of your companions.

Vlad the Bat:
I don't understand all this fuddy-duddy finery. Fancy coats 'n big parties aren't me''thing really. I wonder what 'ee'd make of me'famous squash pie. I've a feelin' 'ee doesn't eat like th'rest of us, maybe that'll change his mind. Leaves me' a bit betwaddled, but I'm sure 'ee feels the same about me.

Salt gets on best with Vlad, and aspires to fly like him. His funny accent makes the chao cackle with laughter too. Plus, fancy feasts!

Claude Lecard:
Big bloke looks 'andy in a fight. Never seen him angry though- wouldn't want t'. 'ee's loverly though 'ee is. Part o'me wants to see which o'us is stronger. If I 'ave enough scrumpy maybe I'll ask for an arm wrestle.

Salt feels safe enough to clamber all over him like a giant playground.

Cole the Catnik:
It's a bloody shame wot's 'appened to him. The Egg Army'll take so much from yer. I've seen him tinkerin' away on all those metal bits, It's when 'ee gloats about 'em that turns me'stomach. Boy needs t'calm down and realise 'ee's still Mobian underneath all that scrap.

Salt is in two minds on Cole. Sometimes he's intrigued by all of his armour, and sometimes he reminds him a bit too much of an Egg soldier.

Rush the Hedgehog:
Oi! Slow down ye cheeky bastard! I appreciate yer keen t'get on with discovery but those bloody ruins aren't going anywhere! 'Ee's got some kind of power t'push 'n pull things, never seen 'owt like it. Wonder if I can get th'boy t'help with me'watering. Would make the job a good'n!

Try as he might, Salt could never keep up with Rush. It won't stop him from trailing him, though. Chao like shiny artifacts, after all!

4) How do you feel about G.U.N., the Egg Army, and the Freedom Fighters?

Egg Army:
The poor folks livin' in his regime aren't t'blame for what goes on. I reckon with enough patience we can 'elp em liberate themselves for good. Each of us might be a tiny seed, but we'll soon turn into a jungle, just y'wait.

G.U.N: I don't like all the bikes n'buggies they use, and can't say I'm that 'appy that they work alongside former Egg robots- but I 'spose we all 'ave t'get along for the greater good.

Freedom Fighters:
These lot are more me'style. Care about the lands they live on, they does, and pack a wallop when it comes to that Eggman. I can only hope I'll be able t'do 'alf the good deeds they've managed.

((Pepper speaks with a west country accent, think Hagrid in Harry Potter or the villagers in Hot Fuzz. If it's too hard to read let me know and i'll tone it down.))

• Locked thread