Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandmasterTrash
Dec 23, 2014
[REF IMAGE GOES HERE PROBABLY]

Count Vladimir Tremolo (pronounced tre-MELLOW) the 9th, Steward of Voivodia
Or just Vlad the Bat

Backstory: It's not nearly as grand as he'd like you to think.

For one thing, Voivodia is tiny, just a couple small towns and an ancestral manor and a whoooooole lot of farmland. It hangs off the Kingdom of Acorn like a weird, melodramatic leech. The land isn't even theirs, technically, but King Acorn lets them have it anyway, since Clan Tremolo have been avid supporters of the royal family, and it's better than leaving them alone to do who-knows-what. Vlad is the latest in a long line of potential successors, surrounded by a blur of nannies and tutors and courtly hangers-on since before he learned to fly. Even as a child, it felt stifling, and he learned to enjoy whatever moments of frivolity he could eke out when people weren't bugging him about "responsibility" and "ethics" and "young master please stop hanging from the chandelier you're going to-- oh dear".

By the time his father passed the mantle of responsibility to him, he'd straightened out a little. But only a little. As count, he threw lavish balls and elaborate feasts at the slightest provocation, all the while leaving his subjects to fend for themselves. This reflected poorly on him, sure, but it wasn't like anybody tried to stop him. Counts were just like that sometimes.

When the time came to defend his people against the Eggman Empire, however, all his noble bravado fell flat, and he ran and hid as badnik platoons razed the towns and burned the farmland and dragged villagers away by the score. Of course he was scared. Of course. But there wasn't much he could do, was there? better to just let it play out and rebuild with what was left. Evidently, his subjects didn't agree. Within a few short days, they were banging down the gates of the manor, demanding justice. Clan Tremolo, being fair rulers (with one notable exception) came to a decision.

Vlad would leave Voivodia for a time, to help "clear his head" and see what the world had to offer, while matters of state would be left to his many, many sisters. They billed it as a vacation, but he knew an exile when he heard one. While he didn't have much say in it, Vlad vowed that he would return some day to reclaim his rightful place as Count. This was met with a resounding "yeah, sure, whatever" before he finally took his leave. The world outside the manor walls has been strange and difficult to navigate, and by now he's gotten into more than a few scrapes just by saying the wrong things to the wrong people. Still, he knows there's beauty in it, somewhere. Besides, maybe this whole exile thing is an opportunity. If he were to, say, prove himself heroic and worthy with some miscellaneous do-gooding, then maybe his family would see fit to call him home. Maybe, if he does something really spectacular, they'll even hail him as a hero.

That's a pretty big "maybe", though. As it is now, he's still waiting for his big break, ambushing Egg Army patrols and rescuing the occasional captured Mobian on the side. He remains confident that it'll come any day now. Any day.

High Concept: "Vacationing" Nobility
Trouble: Sheltered Upbringing

Aspect 1: A Taste for the Finer Things
Aspect 2: On Leather Wings
Aspect 3: "I do not eat... chili dogs."

Stunts
"What beautiful music they make!" - Make attacks with Provoke on opponents that would be usually unaffected (robots, animals, etc) by belting out an earsplitting wail
Untraceable Accent - Gain a +2 to Create an Advantage with Rapport when acting strange and ~inscrutable~
Flyover - Once per scene, spend a fate point to ignore movement penalties and obstacles that can by surmounted by just flying over them. Flying over pits, yes, flying through walls, no.

+4 Skill: Rapport
+3 Skills: Provoke, Athletics
+2 Skills: Deceive, Stealth, Notice
+1 Skills: Fight, Contacts, Resources, Investigate

GrandmasterTrash fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandmasterTrash
Dec 23, 2014
"Ah, yes, zhere you are! Come, sit. I understand you are having some questions for myself."

quote:

1) What is your greatest dream in life?
"Well, there is my return to Voivadia, of course, but I do not think that counts so much. Now, if I could make Voivodia safe, now that would be a thing! I know I have not done zhe best job of, ah, serving zhe people, but I hope I may make motherland into a place worth living in. Call it, ah, my way of making amends for zhe past."

quote:

2) What is your greatest fear?
"I fear that, one day, I may be forgotten completely. My family, they try and sweep me under zhe rug, make it as if I were never born at all. I have seen it happen before, to aunts and uncles, distant cousins, but I will not let it happen to me. If I can make a difference, even zhe tiniest one, zhen perhaps the world will remember my name."

quote:

3) Give me your thoughts on each of your companions.
"I have had troubles before, with zhe common folk, and Pepper is no different. Perhaps with a long bath and some etiquette he could be presentable, but as-is he is simply impossible to deal with. If we have zhe time, maybe I could teach him zhe joys of high society. I am, uh, unsure how to feel about zhe chao, as well. Zhey keep laughing when i talk and I am not sure why."

"Claude's family and mine have, ah, how you say, a bit of a history. He seems much kinder than the rest of them, but I am afraid he may be getting the wrong idea about me. Maybe if I get some more sun or be talking very loudly about how much solid food I eat he will understand that I am not, err... zhe v-word."

"Now, do not laugh, because this thing I tell you is very embarrassing. But I am maaaaaybe just a teensy bit frightened of Cole. I know it is a silly thing to say, especially after how much he has been through, but I can't help it! It is zhe eyes, I think, on his suit. I can feel them
watching me. Still, I cannot be thinking less of him for zhat. He reminds me much of myself when I was younger, only with more robot parts."

"It has been such a long time since I have had anyone who would listen to my stories, and Rush is zhe best audience I could ask for. I do not think he believes all of it[, but zhat is no matter! He respects zhe history and zhat is enough. Perhaps I may even show him around zhe manor once I am reinstated. Provided he does not turn it into another one of his smash-em-up-dungeon-crawly things, of course."

quote:

4) How do you feel about G.U.N., the Egg Army, and the Freedom Fighters?

"An 'army', zhey call it! Pah! A pack of thugs and hooligans is more like, rolling around Mobius like a gang of, of, barbarians, taking what zhey want and burning everything else! I do not know what zhis Robotnik has in mind for our world, but I swear on my life that I will put a stop to it."

"Zhe Guardians of United Nations do zhere jobs admirably, but it would do them well to keep their stinking human noses out of our business. I cannot say i enjoy their choice in operatives, either."

"Now zhe Freedom Fighters! There is an operation worth talking about! Despite their many, many flaws, under Her Majesty Princess Acorn, they have become our greatest hope for survival. I tried joining zhem, once upon a time, but I suppose they were too busy. Too busy for me! Can you believe it?! Zhey surely have zheir work cut out for zhem."

• Locked thread