Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.
This is a really good character driven show that I went into with rock-bottom expectations and ended up binge watching in two sittings. It's a really good, honest show that (in my opinion) absolutely nails the complexities of campus politics in a genuinely funny, consistently character driven way. I wasn't involved in racial politics when I was in college, but I was involved in the LGBT and women's rights organizations pretty heavily and since this show is focused so heavily on characters as opposed to broad, basic stereotypes a lot of the similarities ultimately made this an incredibly relatable and funny show.

I really like how every episode focuses on different characters to really bring out the fact that they all have very different experiences, motivations and perspectives. But my favorite part of this show by far is how it's willing to show that these characters are all deeply, deeply flawed, immature insecure children, the way actual college students are. It correctly recognizes that these are still just 18-21 year olds that are trying to figure out their place in the world, not a bunch of unrealistic mini MLK's that are completely unrelatable, unfunny and boring. It treats black people like actual human beings for once, ones who are defined by their insecurities, immaturity as well as their passion for justice.

In short this is a good, funny character driven show that I highly recommend. Bonus points for the Dean being the same actor as the one that played the Dean in How High.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Created by Justin Simien and based on the 2014 movie of the same name, Dear White People is a show that will make you rightfully feel bad about being white.

Didn't even notice this. loving lol.

Seriously OP, what the gently caress? Hate to quote the retard making GBS threads on a show he hasn't seen but this is the worst way to open the thread. The show is very clearly intended to make you feel like you are relating to human beings, ones that happen to be black. Outside of Gabe, it never even focuses on white people. I can only imagine feeling guilty if you had a bizarre racist POV about black people that the show somehow shattered, but that seems unlikely if you were to bother watching the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread