Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is it bad that I find myself wishing for Brett Anderson to be back?

yes extremely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Man on third with 2 outs. I'm predicting wild pitch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Nice GIDP :toot:

Popete posted:

Mike Montgomery gathering cobwebs in a dark corner of the clubhouse.

The prevailing rumor is that with few off days in the coming weeks the Cubs might work a sixth starter with Montgomery.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hope the Astros have another 7-10 run game in them since Fiers is pitching

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Just now home from work, nice to see CarMart holding up okay so far.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i choose to believe the marlins are hitting popup after popup at schwarber on purpose

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Going against the Twins and Rangers has me in the "work the count, get the starter out, instant win against the bullpen" mindset but that might not apply here. How is the Royals pen this season?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Piscooter :toot:BLAN

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Good job Aoki/damnit Aoki

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

He has just been terrible since he came back. I mean, understandable that his head's somewhere else, but this is frustrating to watch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BLAZING MOLINA SPEED

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't style on the Royals too hard Astros, don't want them to throw at you again

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yadi "Wheels" Molina.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
drat Bartolo. :smith:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

He has just been terrible since he came back. I mean, understandable that his head's somewhere else, but this is frustrating to watch.

He's been bad all year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

First Springer SB attempt of the year, I can see why he hasn't been running

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yadi leads the team in SB. This is like that season Adams led the team in triples.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Yadi leads the team in SB. This is like that season Adams led the team in triples.

Not the first time Yadi has done this, I think in 2012 he led the team with 12 steals.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
gently caress you, cameraman :argh:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
It feels like every time the wind is blowing in, the Cubs do nothing but hit flyouts to the wall.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
THAT ONE CLEARED THE WALL :woop:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It feels like every time the wind is blowing in, the Cubs do nothing but hit flyouts to the wall.

You were saying? :allears:

Almora! :woop:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Almora should play more.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

Almora should play more.

Niwrad posted:

Almora should play more.

Niwrad posted:

Almora should play more.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Nunez I commend your effort to try to play your way off this team.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

please don't blow this, Carlos.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

please don't blow this, Carlos.

:mad:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I take back the bad things I said about you, Butler.

For now...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

And Siegrist in to give the Reds the lead. God damnit Mike.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's weird that the Cubs have all these better options in LF and keep playing Schwarber every game.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

And Siegrist in to give the Reds the lead. God damnit Mike.

right on cue.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
How dare you manufacture a run instead of hitting a dinger. :mad:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Welcome to the party McCann

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mike "why aren't i a starter" montgomery

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Mike Montgomery gathering cobwebs in a dark corner of the clubhouse.

*dusts off cobwebs*

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

Welcome to the party McCann

Marwin had a great at bat to get on base. This lineup gives pitchers no easy outs.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
How many times can you get thrown out on the bases before your 1st and 3rd base coaches get fired?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mike_V posted:

How many times can you get thrown out on the bases before your 1st and 3rd base coaches get fired?

Starting to think the whole coaching staff needs to go.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Furthermore, this is yet another game the Cards are going to lose where they blow a 2+ run lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mike_V posted:

Furthermore, this is yet another game the Cards are going to lose where they blow a 2+ run lead.

that'd be their fifth consecutive loss (with some wins in between) where that happens, geez

• Locked thread