Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there only to realize it is a predatory and uncaring meat grinder run like it's the mob and your don is a senile steroid-retarded muscleman fetishist.

If Bayley was influenced by Eddie Guerrero and didn't realize wrestling is a destructive drug-filled industry, maybe the This Is Your Life segment was supposed to make her look smarter than she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there only to realize it is a predatory and uncaring meat grinder run like it's the mob and your don is a senile steroid-retarded muscleman fetishist.

If you get into the company after seeing what it's done to Punk, AJ Lee, Barrett, and people like Bayley who are Still There, I don't know how you don't expect this as the default

If it doesn't break you, you got off lucky

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

One of the biggest factors in wrestling is how well creative and booking cover up a wrestler's flaws and accentuate their strengths, hence why The Shield was an amazing vehicle for Roman, why Brock has for most of his career been paired with someone who does his talking for him and why they paired Daniel Bryan with Kane so he'd gradually get taller, and every once in awhile you get a really special circumstance like this where not only are they going out of their way to not do that, they're actively taking someone's strengths away from them until nothing is left but the deflated husk of a tube man.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a company that told us that both Molly Holly and Mickie James were fat and therefore hideous and therefore unfuckable, and therefore worth less as human beings.

So yes, given that Bayley isn't blonde, nor has had enhancement surgery, I can happily say that they think that nobody would ever have been attracted to her.

man, I was a lovely teenaged dude when the MOLLY HOLLY IS FAT stuff started and even then I was just deeply confused and irritated

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cavauro posted:

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there and then you see this

amazeing

push spiderman

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there and then you see this

amazeing

Push the Human Spider

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Human Spider is a piece of poo poo for shooting on Bonesaw.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But why did we never get the dream Arachanaman vs Spiderman match

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

But why did we never get the dream Arachanaman vs Spiderman match

Make it a triple threat with Italian Spider-Man

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status/874025835656871937

This tweet is better than Bayleys entire career.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
RIP flaming testicles

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Abroham Lincoln posted:

push spiderman

wait, that's the piece of garbage that let a guy rob a promotion back in the day. said he could bend steel with his hand, but wouldn't lift a finger to stop the robber cause he got stiffed. No wonder he's out of the business

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Y'all need to be watching twitch right the gently caress now and see Johnny Mundo poo poo all over WWE game physics. It's amazing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status/874025835656871937

This tweet is better than Bayleys entire career.

Why is Nia posting cutesy tweets about the woman who screwed her out the title a week ago?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinia posted:

Why is Nia posting cutesy tweets about the woman who screwed her out the title a week ago?

It's "neat" when they maintain their fiction throughout their day to day life, but I would never ask them to.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It's "neat" when they maintain their fiction throughout their day to day life, but I would never ask them to.

I mean, I'm not expecting her not to ride in the same car as Alexa to preserve kayfabe for the sake of random fans in the street or whatever, but the official WWE twitter accounts are consistently in-character. I believe several wrestlers even have second Out Of Character accounts specifically because they're expected to keep their WWE profile in-character. The announcers regularly reference the official twitter accounts for plot points and WWE.Com displays recent updates, the company clearly considers them part of the overall fiction they put out. If all of that weren't the case and the twitter accounts were just theirs I would agree, but given all those facts a tweet like that is a pretty major immersion break. Strowman isn't tweeting video of him goofing around with Roman on the weekends.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
In character Nia is great and sweet and doesn't actually wish ill on anyone at all, she's just big and strong and destroys them by mistake like Hugo the Abominable Snowman.

Tamina's the one who destroys them on purpose which is also great.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Not to mention it's​ a dumb analogy because it wouldn't mean poo poo.

When Bayley makes 10s of millions of dollars and realises she doesn't need the WWE's poo poo. Right now she financially sure as poo poo isn't CM Punk.

dsriggs posted:

In fairness, Mickie James was heels bullying her, so we were supposed to think that was bullshit. No excuses for babyface Trish bodyshaming Molly, though.

The plotline was made because WWE thought that she was, and it bled through. She really didn't get as much comeuppance as you'd want for a bullying storyline.

VJeff posted:

I really wish she'd go "I'm married, moron." at this point.

I wish that she'd claim a lot of the bullshit Alexa has said about her was lies, but that hasn't happened. 'Bayley: this is your life' is canon. Why don't heels make up bullshit just because they're jerks any more?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Three years ago

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Sometimes I forget that they released JTG.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
sometimes i forget that they ever signed matt sydal.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jinder got fired, rehired and won the WWE Championship in less than 3 years lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bradzilla posted:

He's the new Daniel Bryan!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grendels Dad posted:

Sometimes I forget that they released JTG.

Why'd he pick up that phone?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

bradzilla posted:

SteroidsHard work pays off

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinia posted:

I mean, I'm not expecting her not to ride in the same car as Alexa to preserve kayfabe for the sake of random fans in the street or whatever, but the official WWE twitter accounts are consistently in-character. I believe several wrestlers even have second Out Of Character accounts specifically because they're expected to keep their WWE profile in-character. The announcers regularly reference the official twitter accounts for plot points and WWE.Com displays recent updates, the company clearly considers them part of the overall fiction they put out. If all of that weren't the case and the twitter accounts were just theirs I would agree, but given all those facts a tweet like that is a pretty major immersion break. Strowman isn't tweeting video of him goofing around with Roman on the weekends.

Xavier Woods plays videogames against his mortal enemies for our amusement. Nia Jaxx is in a weird position of straddling horrible monster and cuddly body positive rep. There are no rules for social media, outside of the rules for social media.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

I'm proud of him.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Consider this: Nia is a bad wrestler who doesn't really understand the functions of a good wrestling performance and never will, and every raw should start with her being launched out of a cannon

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

Consider this: Nia is a bad wrestler who doesn't really understand the functions of a good wrestling performance and never will, and every raw should start with her being launched out of a cannon

What the gently caress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nia was also on the PPV pre-show and came off as genuinely cheering on her friend Alexa rather than being a heel tearing down Bayley.

And she always has like big happy smiles in her promotional pictures. She seems too nice to play heel.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What the gently caress?

That outfit was made for cannons

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

then give it to ziggler

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

Queens are coronated, not canonized.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I said it already they should put Nia in a mask. She really does have to sweet of a face to be a heel.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Nia is too pretty to be a heel

She lacks intensity

And wrestling ability

But she is really nice though

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Alexa has a sweet face and personality outside of a WWE ring and can still be one of the better heels on the roster.

Nia just sucks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

THATS NOT VERY NICE, DICK!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Twitter is kayfabe

Instagram is real life.

When wrestlers cross-post, that is a mystery for the fans to solve

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Faceturn Nia, it's the perfect solution.

Also fire Bayley to mercifully end her suffering.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nia Jax is cool because her first name means Bright and Jax means That Big Black Dude From Mortal Kombat Who Rips Your Arms Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
The End Is Nia.

• Locked thread