Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Prism posted:

Cat hair drifts. It's just a fact of life. Water's wet, sky's blue, cat hair gets into everything. Alexander shouldn't have been killed for having cat fur on him because he has some on his clothes at literally all times.

I don't live with a cat anymore, but if you let them roam around the kitchen and sleep on the table (and Manannan's cat goes everywhere), you are one day going to have cat hair on something you eat.

My left CTRL button once stopped working until I fished a ball of cat hair out from underneath it with a cable tie. OK, it was an old keyboard and a previous cat liked to sleep on it, but still, drat.

I hope you enjoyed this pointless anecdote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fat Samurai posted:

This was my second adventure game, right after Monkey Island. The design philosophy completely blindsided me, to put it midly.

I'm pretty sure this is the one and only KQ game I've ever played. If it is the one I'm curious to see what complete bullshit I missed that would have let me get through the mountain pass without either being eaten by whatever the gently caress it was or freezing to death. I could manage one but not the other at the point I decided I was having no fun whatsoever and gave the drat thing back.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fat Samurai posted:

That leg of lamb? Yo can get here without it. And then you eat the pie because it's so obvious. And then you spend 2 days banging your head against the wall before noticing something is off.

Or if you're me you decide gently caress this, games are supposed to be fun not obsessively trying combinations of every single thing you have to get one screen further before you have to start again from the beginning.

It was my one and only experience with a Sierra game and put me off ever trying another. I'm glad this thread has vindicated my decision.

• Locked thread