Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've only played (not beaten) one King's Quest game, I think it was KQV. It's gratifying to see the bullshit deaths were around since day one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You get a point each time you cross the bridge? Hmmm.

I've never played this one, but I'm guessing the bridge breaks after so many crossings. The game wouldn't just give you free points forever.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Glazius posted:

What's the ogre even want golden eggs for?

The Ogre has a rare case of Reverse Midas, and can only eat gold things. You stole his breakfast, you monster.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh good, now it's time to see my childhood struggles validated.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Eshettar posted:

Ha ha, oh yeah! Clippy was totally a thing that existed at one time, huh? Was he really as annoying as Cedric? I can't remember that much about him.

Clippy was incredibly obnoxious, but Cedric predates him by, like, seven years. Also having experienced both, I'd say Cedric is worse on the basis of having voice acting. And once Clippy actually did a helpful thing. Also you can change Clippy into other things like a dog, or a wizard.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
loving innkeeper puzzle! Each new screenshot surfaces another memory of this accursed game! :argh:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Graham knew that 'USE PRINCESS --> DRAGON' was just the final arbitrary step in yet more Puzzle Nonsense. All it took was, like, two days to pay off. Both his kids back, a dragon vanquished, and a tasty tasty magic apple. Honestly it feels as straightforward as the snake bridle thing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Apparently the golden needle can be interchanged with the gold coin, but only in certain versions of the game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He drank like fourty times from the desert oasis, maybe he's still good for hydration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know what the rest of King's Quest V looks like because the yeti made me lose my will to live.

• Locked thread