Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think I actually prefer the EGA graphics. The VGA ones are a bit... drab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

A few seconds after entering a "dangerous" screen, the game has a chance to spawn an enemy. Graham is not Nike von Slartibartfast, so he can't defend himself very well. So if an enemy shows up, the only recourse is to get offscreen ASAP.

Are you sure you're a knight?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What happens if you steal the key and don't give the trident back? More items means more points, right?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

:psyduck: What the hell is the logic behind that puzzle? That's just straight up bullshit!

I have a bridle. Bridle goes on animals. Therefore I should expect to meet a hostile animal at some point in the future. I will then use the bridle on it.
There is a snake here. It is an animal. I was expecting something larger, but it's still worth a shot (in the adventure game spirit of 'rub everything on everything').
>Use BRIDLE on SNAKE

It's pretty much the first thing I would have tried, but maybe I'm insane.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How long do you have before the candle burns out?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gwydion's job includes cleaning the house. A house with a cat in it.
How can the wizard get made at him for having cat fur? By my calculations there should be several large bags stuffed with cat fur that Gwydion's trying to figure out how to get rid of.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

Wouldn't it have been prudent to, y'know, call up the kingdom's levies and march a whole army up to deal with the dragon? Surely hiding in the castle and acquiescing to every stupid demand the beast makes is the worst possible thing to do. This is why armies exist in the first place.

Does Daventry have an army? I mean, it has a total population of about three people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kavak posted:

The village with a castle of Daventry isn't very impressive.

Village? Llewdor has a village. Daventry has a house.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Did nobody try putting the hat back on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If we can see the whale's teeth and tongue then we aren't in its stomach. We're still in its mouth.

• Locked thread