Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

DoubleNegative posted:

:magical: Whaaaat the fuuuuck

Oh, don't take our word for it. Here you go. (skip to 26:00 or so for the relevant section). It "only" took KillerEmcee 10-15 minutes to get through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Fat Samurai posted:

A copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of the manual would be the most authentic, but I guess a scanned version would work, too.

Or a big SKID ROW splash screen before the title.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'll be honest, that timer mechanic really seems interesting. This being a Sierra game though, I highly expect some bullshit to come out of that.

I remember Darkseed had a similar mechanic with an in-game clock that would result in missing events if you were in the wrong place. Same with some of Infocom's games (mainly the mysteries like Deadline).

also night trap

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Erpy posted:

He returns around 30:00:00. Unless he used a hint guide, the average person playing this game back in the day found that out by dying.

Does he hunt you down and kill you at 30, or do you not find out until you eventually go back home?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

OAquinas posted:

Image aside, that's a pretty common GO message for that era of Sierra games.

What's the feminine equivalent of "pantload?"

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
For some reason it's the fact that the whale has human-like teeth that makes me angry, more than anything game design related.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm pretty sure the usual way to tame a unicorn is to have a spare virgin laying around. I hope someone at Sierra asked why Rosella, a 17 year old princess, needed a bow and arrow to capture it and was fired immediately.

Yeah, I'm twelve.

I don't know. Sierra being Sierra, the answer would just have been "but what would the puzzle be otherwise?" :thunk:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Snorb posted:

Wasn't Thexder one of Game Arts' first games, and Sierra published it in the US? I know they published Thexder, Silpheed, Zeliard, and I think Ys I?

I think the DOS version of Ys I was actually published by Broderbund. I seem to recall seeing flyers for it alongside/with the Carmen Sandiego games.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
That mummy is giving me some unpleasant flashbacks to the one from Hugo's House of Horrors.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

...shouldn't the only thing left in the box be hope?

Or did all the evils that plagued the world just decide to go home for the weekend?

It's a Sierra game, Hope was the one that actually killed her.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
So if we're in Serenia, does that mean King's Quest takes place in the same world as Wizard and the Princess (from back when Sierra was doing text adventures)?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Does the game say anything if the rat dies? (I'm guessing no)

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
there was an nes version :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Dense forests, to be contrarian.