Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Floholenor the Resplendent, PhD
FP:
3 Stress: 3 Mana: 2

'Squabble all you want over these drips of mana,' Floholenor snarled, conveniently skipping over the fact he just caught up to the cabal, after spending embarrasingly long time wrangling with the protective suit. 'It is the knowledge of these tomes that should be our concern. If the void was already barren by the time this ancient lifted off, if travels below the speed of light are only to greet us with shrivelled husks of past worlds... Well, I'm not looking forward to breaching it blindly. Perhaps, given primitive kinetics of this vessel, there are some ancient navigation charts, or machine spirits to be found. For what little this... Mantel knew might give our little trek a much-needed direction.'

'Oh, and have you considered hovering? It's dangerous to just touch things willy-nilly around here.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invoke), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [] [] []

"Yes, yes...there is wisdom in seeking and consulting forgotten maps for guidance, indeed many a thing would have been left undiscovered, and many a void-peril unavoided without them. Yes, knowledge and vision and awareness of dangers unseen is absolutely paramount, yes, yes", at this point The Delver reapplied the ritual that let him slip past the scry-veil, to sort of drive home is point, "And even a vessel not meant to reach the stars beyond might host chart of local rock and stone, yes, a worthy effort."

"Just know that true knowledge spites the craven, navigator, and it will elude you if you refuse to handle it duly ahaha"

Primally Overcoming the scry-blocker for myself. Difficulty 5.
4dF+3: 3
Ticking my 1 Mana Box for a +1, which also gives me another +2 due to my Stunt, thus pushing me to 6 and a Success

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2017 around 12:02

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Orono - Outside Room 1 - Void Tomb
FP: 3 Stress: ^ ^ ^ Mana: * * *

He finishes molding his feet with gold, and set them to soak up starlight while he counts +1 steel slivers.

"These books can be important to us. We should protect them, or at least preserve them here for our return to the Tower. Likewise, this necromancer seems to have an emotional attachment to these worthless gold coins. It may be worth leaving a dormant sigil here that will transmute all this gold to lead. We might be able to use it as a leverage if we end up finding him still active."

"I'm gonna bind up half these weapons and drag them along. We might find them useful as more than just mana"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus - The 1st Chamber
Created Aspects: Magically Attuned Eyes (1 free Invoke), Enhanced Eyesight (0 free Invokes), Armored Skin (1 free Invoke) Acid-Proof (1 free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

"If there are no objections then I will take what is mine." Tyrannus draws the mana from his share of the miscellaneous magic items, leaving the mundane husks behind.

"Now, let us proceed to the next chamber."

Taking the 2 mana.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invoke), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [] [] []

The Delver merely nodded, attached the mace to his belt and left with Tyrannus.

"Indeed, indeed, there is prudence in keeping moving. Always moving, you never know what might catch you if you stay, ahahhaa..."

Taking the Mace worth 2 Mana

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2017 around 19:30

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Marquise Adeleine de la Neraille - Trapped Corridor
FP: 3 Stress: [][][] Mana: [][] Bonus Aspects: Ice-Winged Familiar (1 Free invocation)

"Very well then, can't let you boys have all the fun." The Marquise waves her hand and signals her construct to get to work, waving her hand at the Third Chamber. "Go ahead, birdie. Find any nasty traps in there."

As discussed in the discord, spending a free invocation to discover any traps in the third chamber.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Fly Robin Fly

The bird takes off at high speed, flapping its ice wings as hard as it can. A short period of time passes before it returns and hops onto the map. With its beak and claws it gently scratches the vellum to indicate the presence of a half dozen traps in and around the entrance to the Third Chamber.

It was apparently unable to get into the chamber, however, as the final symbol is a trap on the door that take several minutes to decipher, something about a rolling boulder? The rest of the traps are easily avoided by flying over or around them, even if you're not a bird made out of ice.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver

The Delver gazed as the bird made its marks on his map as he stalked towards the chamber with Tyrannus.

"Ahhaha, yes, a boulder, classic, archaic even. Scarcely worth the effort it would take to dispose of it yes, but the song of Mana calls from beyond. Let us move, there is no threat here that should dampen our advance."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Trap (1 Free Invoke)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [x] [] []

"Yes, a boulder, a boulder indeed, hmm..." The Delver kept muttering to himself, "A classic, but a deadly one indeed if ill prepared for", his little eye-dots disappeared again, "With my eye I see that whoever is responsible for building this, is no fool, no, the traps are all twice protected from the gaze of others, ahahaha, yes, a prudent precaution indeed, indeed."

"But it matters not", a slight surge is felt as a Mana confluence leaves The Delver to strike targets beyond, striking the barriers like an arrow, shattering them to bits, "With power, all problems may be thus duly solved, and often do the remnants left behind make the strong even stronger yes, a primal truth this is..." the little bits of enchantment, before they could properly fade, were grasped by The Delver's greedy presence, and repurposed into an astral lens, that he used to spy the trap to its last detail.

"Yes, I see now! The door triggers the trap, which then drops a ramp, which shall bring upon us a boulder shrouded in flame! Devilish, if a tad unimaginative. Yet so it remains..."

Primal/Void Overcome to dispell trap scry-shields at range. Difficulty 3
4dF+2: 3
Ticking my second mana box, getting +2 and +2 from my Stunt, making this roll a 7 and a Success in Style
I take the Boost: Twisting Fragments
Creating Advantage with Void to scry the trap. Difficulty 2
4dF+2: 1
Invoking my Boost: Twisting Fragments for a +2, making this roll a 3 and thus a Success, creating the Advantage: Scried Trap with 1 Free Invoke (whoever is trying to deal with said trap can freely use this Invoke)

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2017 around 21:30

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Marquise Adeleine de la Neraille - Third Chamber
FP: 3 Stress: [][][] Mana: [][] Bonus Aspects: Ice-Winged Familiar (1 Free invocation)

"Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most effective ones... but not in this case, because thanks to your excellent scrying, oh Delver, I know exactly how to handle this. Does anyone want to accompany me to the second chamber? I do enjoy an audience."

Once in front of the Third Chamber, Adeleine took a deep breath and started changing her incantation just as she threw open the door. The immense ball of fire slid down the short ramp, and began rolling towards her; each second felt hotter and hotter, and her lips felt drier and drier as she cast her spell. There was no visible effect, but the sorceress knew that the boulder now weighted less than a piece of chalk. She slammed her foot down and shouted a word of command, and a small wall. about knee-lenght, emerged from the ground; it was of a silver-grey metal, and it held the boulder in place without melting.

Smiling satisfied, Adeleine stepped into the room. "There. Now to just take care of this heat. I'm not raiding this room while turning into a sweaty mess." She lazily waved her hand as the flames on the boulder shrank and shrank until the turned off completely.

Rolling to overcome the obstacle: http://orokos.com/roll/524790 It's a success anyway, but I'm using the Delver's advantage out of courtesy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Third Chamber Loot

As before there is a small alcove filled with starlight. Unlike before the treasures in this chamber are organized instead of haphazardly collected in various piles. There are more ancient tomes, these on Void magics, but whether they are mere collectors items or true relics of past wizardry is unknown, it will take time and study, but several of the books bear the names of long dead masters of the art.

Instead of golden coin, fine jewelry is displayed in ancient velvet lined boxes and cases. Several of the pieces are made out of the once valuable aluminum, the wizard's metal. The prevalence of wizards over time has rendered aluminum worthless.

Instead of crude swords and maces, the walls are lined with ancient staves of battle magics, each one carefully crafted to assist in the casting of a single or a small handful of spells. Lightning, fire, ice, wind, even vacuum and radiation are represented here. While not strictly enchanted, tools like these were common amongst the wizards of old and allowed them to channel Mana more efficiently and effectively than using hands or wands alone. They went out of favor as it became possible to tell which spells a wizard preferred by the staff they carried. The crown jewel of the collection, however, was the rarest of all battle staves, the so called Omni-Rod, or Staff of Power.

With such a staff in one's possession, all spells are easier to cast. Entire kingdoms have risen and fallen around the few of these that were ever made, and it was thought all were destroyed in the Second Great Mages War.

In addition to this pearl of great price, it is surrounded by a handful of wands loaded with spells within. Without knowing what spells they cast using the wands is hazardous, but they can be safely siphoned for Mana, rendering them useless but the wizard more powerful in return.

The wands are worth 1 Mana apiece and there are a dozen of them.

In addition, the secret passageway between chambers is clear from here to Chamber 4.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2017 around 22:23

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus - The 3rd Chamber
Created Aspects: Magically Attuned Eyes (1 free Invoke), Enhanced Eyesight (0 free Invokes), Armored Skin (1 free Invoke) Acid-Proof (1 free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

This time it was the Marquis who had done a majority of the work, though in fairness there was only a single trap to overcome rather than several. So, Tyrannus spoke, "Those who contributed should receive an extra share of the available mana or items here. Though the staff is too great a prize to assign to a single one of us. Until we can discover the secret of its construction, I propose it be shared among all of us as needed."

He pauses and looks over the items, "There is much here of unknown usefulness. Let us send it back to the ship and we can divide it up once we are done with this place."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Trap (1 Free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [] [] [] []

"Bah. Only by my aid did she succeed, thus are we conjoined in this achievement. Yet otherwise I agree, the wands ought to be counted, shifted for those that would be more of use by themselves than as sources of power for us. Our unseen servants ought to thus take them, and the other treasures, away, for later division."

The Delver unfurled his map, "Otherwise I agree, we ought to take the great staff with us, and share it whenever one of us needs it, yes."

"Nevertheless, the seventh chamber is the next one with equal shine to these two. Thus this there, where we ought to set foot next."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus shook his head in disagreement, "Your map shows a clear passage to the 4th chamber. Even if the results are lesser if there is no cost to make the trip than we'd be fools not to check it. We can go the 7th chamber afterwards."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [] [] [] []

"Hahahahahahahaaa..."

"Yes..."

"Right you are, fleshweaver, we should check it indeed, wise words, and I agree."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

"Then let us proceed."

Tyrannus makes his way to the secret passage, and headed to check the 4th chamber.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Fourth Chamber

The Fourth Chamber is filled with bones. Articulated skeleton specimens of all sorts of creatures, many of them long extinct like Trolls and Goblins. From the ceiling a hatchling dragon skeleton radiates faint mana.

There are only two books in this chamber, each set on pedestals in the center of the room. The first is a naturalist's guide penned by the mysterious wizard who built this structure and the second is the first volume in a series, entitled Alchemy and the Creation of the Philosopher's Stone. It appears to be volume one of three. The Philosopher's Stone, of course, being the ultimate prize of Alchemy, a stone which grants its holder eternal life. While many wizards have pursued the Philosopher's Stone, only a small handful over the centuries have ever been successful in obtaining it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Marquise Adeleine de la Neraille - Trapped Corridor

"Yes, I suppose it is fair. I chanced to pick a particularly easy one. We shall see how the 4th one will bear. Shall I send my trusted birdie to check?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver

"Bones tell tales of ancient secrets yes..." The Delver noted as he shifted through the bones and leafed through the books, "Yes, this is turning out to be a most profitable of ventures ahaha..."

The Delver turned to the rest of the group, his eye-dots twinkling, "Yes, even the lesser chambers are clearly worth our time, for the lost knowledge alone, yes. With the omni-staff, my divinations of the chambers and their threats ought to be trivial as well, thus we can advance with far less danger than we might otherwise", he consulted his map, "The fifth and the sixth are marked as deathtraps, thus the seventh ought to be our next destination, yes..."

"With the staff, I will light the way."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Now this was a truly fascinating find for the fleshshaper. Not dried and staid bits of steel or glass but life, even in such a desiccated form had uses for him.

Tyrannus moved smoothly skeleton to skeleton studying them and extracting samples. The tip of one of his fingers split, smaller appendages slither out cut off small pieces and pull them in. Then they would be magically digested and useful DNA extracted and stored for later use.

Materially Overcoming to extract usable DNA from the skeletons (Diff 2): 4dF+3 3

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

The Seventh Tendril...

As the wizards set out for the Seventh Chamber, there is a general sense of confidence. So far the traps laid out by the possibly dead sorcerer of antiquity have proven relatively easy to overcome with a combination of wits and arcane prowess.

This is about to be shaken, however, by the next area. With the Delver on lookout for new traps... he finds none. Curious, he strains his arcane senses, and begins to pick up faint traces of movement. The dust coating the floors, long overlooked and ignored by the impetuous wizards, shows signs of footprints, large ones. There is a soft echo of metal tapping on stone somewhere ahead.

It appears you are not alone.

Tyrannus was in fact successful.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Threats (1 Free Invoke)

The Delver cradled and stroked the omni-rod as his gaze burrowed into it, giggling slightly to himself. "Yes, yes, this is what power is like... such an elegant form ahaha yessss, yes it is isn't it."

"Such a marvelous thing", he murmured as he channeled mana into it, looking on as it left the device... sorted. Structured. Its form ever so much closer to its ideal self, glorious and resplendent. Ever so much closer to the deeper secrets.

The Delver caught himself laughing, and turned to the rest. "We have... company in these halls. Allow me to gaze upon our chosen trail to determine the exact nature of our opposition", and once more, The Delver closed his eyes, his gaze wandering along the strings of Mana to find answers to his dilemmas.

Overcome (Actually Creating Advantage, oops!) with Void, using Omni-Rod to scry the corridor to the seventh chamber. Difficulty 2
4dF+4: 3
The roll is a Success, thus I create the Aspect: Scried Threats with 1 Free Invoke

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2017 around 21:26

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Orono - 3rd Chamber - Void Tomb

He stood up gingerly on his repaired feet. The gold had set in the star-light and made a serviceable bandage. He makes a sound of appreciation as the passage is opened, before hoisting his swords on his shoulder and following along the back of the group.

He hums as he walks along.

“You know, I was just angry about my feet. Spite can turn your gold to lead, eh? Can’t hold onto it.”

He walks into the room.

“Ah, and there you go. How can I hate this guy? It looks like he spent most of his life gathering up resources for us.”

He sets his swords down by a jewelry case, and starts taking in the array of staffs before the spread of wands around an empty dias catches his eye. Oh! He leaps over and stands around them, pointing at each one in turn with an effete lilt to his hand, punctuating each wand with a word.

“Swearing-by-my-magic’s-glow-I’ll-help-each-friend-and-strike-each-foe-of-my-knowledge-fame-and-mana’s...flow”.

With his last word, his fingers grab the tip of a wand, and delicately removes it from its stand. The other hand smashes through the glass of a jewelry display, and he flings a jeweled bulb in the air, where he targets it with his new wand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orono tests one of the wands for its effect

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

He targets, but feels a phantom prickle in his feet, and doesn't cast.

He looks around.

"Maybe I should take it to an empty area"

He turns around, and returns to the entrance of the passage that lead him here. Empty enough for now.

"Magic in the hull!" He cries out, before flinging his jeweled target down the hallway, where he targets it, and fires the wand.

----------------------------------------------
Orono moves his test to the empty passage, to avoid collateral damage

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Hallways

Down the seventh hallway the Delver's magical sight peers and discovers... Abomination! Wandering the hallway is a forbidden creation, a half-golem, a creature composed partially of living flesh and partially of enchanted stone. Nearly impossible to control, half-golems fight with incredible rage and their dual natures make them immune to both death spells and anti-magic spells. The only way to destroy them is to simply cut and blast away enough of the creature that neither portion can sustain the other, which is a dangerous prospect as they possess incredible strength and have been known to cast primitive Energy spells of their own. Fortunately, they're also incredibly stupid so it might be possible to trick it...

Down another hallway, Orono lets loose with his wand and is momentarily shocked as it fires a massive pulse of lightning that crackles and shatters stone in its wake.

The wand counts as a Weapon: 3 for the purposes of Energy attacks, but only shoots lightning.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Threats (1 Free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Chromatic Stone | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [] [] [] []

The Delver giggled madly, true to his form, "An abomination, yet such a sight to behold, a meld of flesh and inanimate matter yes, a half-golem. Ahaha, I can see that whoever made this place was a friend of knowledge as well", The Delver turned to his colleagues, "I absolutely must have this thing for my collection, yes, I shall create a portal out of sight into a cell in my Grand Malebolge, where it shall sit subdued for later... study ahahah, yes."

The Delver retrieved some sort of gnarly charm written on a circular, rusty piece of iron, tapped it with with the Omni-Rod a few times, and started to incant. This coincided with the charm starting to pulse in a... disquieting way as it shrunk, and shrunk, and the portal manifested between them and the half-golem as it did. Unseen by mortal senses.

After he was done, he turned to Tyrannus. "Perhaps your aptitudes would be best for leading our quarry to the portal here, fleshweaver", he jabbed at his map in the place with the portal, "I would assume you would also hold interest in such a... unique construct after all ahahaha."

Overcome with Energy/Void to create Cloaked portal into a cage in the Malebolge, using Omni-Rod. Difficulty 3
4dF+3: 4
The roll is a Success

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2017 around 22:59

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Upon hearing the Delver's plan, Tyrannus moves to take up his own part. Sitting down, he begins to concentrate, magic suffuses the air and a small bud grows from Tyrannus' armored flesh. He pulls it off, and then places it on the ground before him. It begins to pulse and grow, and after a few short minutes it has developed rudimentary limbs and other organs. A few more and it is fully formed, it is not particularly strong, but it is fast and agile, it should be able to keep out of the half-golem's clutches long enough to lure it through the portal.

Creating an fleshling to lure the half-golem (Overcome w/ matter) (Difficulty 2): 4dF+3 4 invoking Scried Threats for +2 to make the end result 6 aka Success w/ Style. Gaining the boost: Agile Fleshling

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

The destruction in front of him steamed as he surveyed it with surprise and excitement. He held the wand in his right hand up to appreciate it. A slim crystal tube protecting a delicate feather, fixed in place. The feather's flanges bobbed gently in what seemed like a gentle wind while electricity arced and spat between them.

"Good taste old boy."

He turns back to the room and tries to think of what to do with his swords, when a staff caughtes his eye. Steel and carved oak. He takes it in his left hand. He twirls it, and the swords he set down vibrate in their sheaths. He thumps the butt against the ground, willing them to dance around him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orono nabs a Staff of Blade Dance (makes it easier to wield floating swords)
Orono casts Sword Follow, to make the swords follow him
Take Control of Swords: 4dF 1

Roll +1 Force+3 Staff+1

I think I did this right

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

In the Distance

The creature takes off at high speed for such a small thing, bounding off of walls as it goes with the energy of the newly made. It reaches the half-golem and throws a rock at the creature to get its attention. With a roar, the half-golem whirls around and stomps after the fleshling with its own surprising speed. It nearly catches the fleshling twice in fists of stone and a third time with a hurled firebolt that splashes mere beardlengths from the construct.

However, the half-golem's enormous size is its undoing, as it charges after the fleshling and straight into the disguised portal which snaps shut behind it. Back in the Tower the half-golem screams in impotent rage and frustration as it slams stoney fists against the hardened walls of its new jail cell. Eventually the beast collapses, unable to make a dent in the alloyed bars.

The fleshling returns to Tyrannus with a mischievous grin.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Threats (0 Free Invokes)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Prismatic Stone | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [] [] []

The Delver leaned on the Omni-Rod as he watched Tyrannus work, "Yes, most splendid indeed. Knowledge forever escapes the clutches of those who don't seek it, yes, and this is how we turn such ideals into practice ahaha, yet, yet, there is power to be had in mundanity as well. The magically mundane, processed mana in these wands we have is highly destructive, if simple. Yet an identification charm o all of them could reveal something of immediate use."

"I suggest you allow me to cast this spell before we continue to the next chamber. It shan't take long, no it won't... not long at all..."

And thus, the Delver made way to the wand chamber, sprinkled a variety of jagged sigils on the ground with some sort of orange-brown powder, placed the wands around it in a peculiar pattern, as well as gingerly placing a stone in the middle. He then pointed at the edifice with the Omni-Wand, and started to incant. Strange silvery threads unwound from the stone and made their ways to the wands, and soon returned in all the shades of a rainbow.

"Knowledge comes to me", The Delver said and picked up the stone (now infused with trace energies from the wands, which it could explosively discharge later on), "Come and hear my wisdom."

Overcoming with Primal to cast Mass Identify on the wands, using Omni-Staff. Difficulty 4.
4dF+5: 4
I tick my 1 mana box for a +1, and get another +2 sue to my Stunt, making this roll a 7 and thus a Success in Style
I gain the Boost: Prismatic Stone

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2017 around 19:56

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Wands

Two wands act as Weapon: 1, one for fire and another for ice. Another teleports the holder to any spot they can point to while a similar wand teleports small objects into the wizard's free hand. Two create walls, one of stone and a second of fire. A wand that makes food for one person at a time, and another that conjures full skins of potable liquid. A wand that kills. A wand that raises the dead as a zombie. Finally there is a wand that opens locks.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Chamber 7 Traps (1 Free Invoke)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana), 11 wands of various styles (11 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Prismatic Stone | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [x] [] []

The Delver retrieved a length on enchanted string from his pockets, that deftly tied the wands to his belt, "Later, shall we see to it that these be properly... distributed. For now I shall carry them, but make no claim of ownership as of yet. Merely ask should you wish to lay hand on them. Nevertheless, further adventure beckons... more delving is to be done, yes, always, always, and there is no time to waste ahahaha..."

And with that, The Delver focused on the door to the seventh chamber, and the scry-screens. He would dispell them, and peer the secrets of the traps beyond. This was a proven method, and this time the Omni-Wand was with him.

Primal/Void Overcome to dispell trap scry-shields at range, using Omni-Wand. Difficulty 3
4dF+4: 4
The roll is a Success
I take the Boost: Twisting Fragments
Creating Advantage with Void to scry the trap, using Omni-Wand. Difficulty 2
4dF+4: 2
Ticking my 2nd Mana Box for a +2, making this roll a 4 and thus a Success, creating the Advantage: Scried Chamber 7 Traps with 1 Free Invoke

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2017 around 19:55

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Trap Door? Yes

The chamber has many traps affixed to the door, from the mundane to the magical. The first is a poison spike launcher that fires poison tipped needles into thirty different body parts each time the knob is turned. The second is a pit trap in the hallway that drops whoever opens the door into a lower chamber for corpse disposal after the poison takes effect. The third trap is the door itself, which if opened all the way will emit a baleful curse that forces any who hear it to jump into the pit trap and suffer a heart attack. Finally, within the pit trap is a dozen fire emitters that burn hot enough to reduce a corpse to ashes in moments and that triggers automatically thirty seconds after the pit opens.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Location: Tomb of the Unknown Wizard- Corridor to 7th Chamber
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes), Scried Chamber 7 Traps (1 Free Invoke)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana), 11 wands of various styles (11 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Prismatic Stone, Heartstopper Weave | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [x] [] [x]

"Yes, my eyes see a multitude of contraptions, yes... launchers of poisoned needles thirty in number, embedded to the door... indeed this knob turns the way to nothing but death for the unprepared ahahhaha... a trapdoor also, that opens to a maw of destructive flame when the way is opened. There is a curse too, but mind that not... I shall retrieve it for a better home, yes..."

The Delver, then, retrieved a longish, springy twig from a satchel, and carved upon it a few sigils with a knife. He then forced a drop of blood from his fingertip via magical means (normally he would have just used a knife, but currently his skin was strong like armor plate), smeared both ends of the twig with it, and then tied both ends together to form a circle. Finally, he weaved a strange pattern inside the circle with black string (actually hair, on a closer look), until a peculiar weave had been formed.

The Delver placed the circular weave in midair, where it floated, and aimed the Omni-Wand through it, and started to incant in his sharp-syllabled manner. No Mana was shot from the wand this time. Instead, Mana seemed to emanate from the door itself, as if vacuumed by the wand. But as the Mana made its way towards the wand, it got stuck on the weave between, coloring the hair in it a deep, crimson red. The Delver continued this for a while, until no more Mana could be seen leaving the door.

He grabbed the weave, the hair now pulsating periodically akin to a heart, and pocketed it.

"And thus my part in this ends. Perhaps you would like the Omni-Wand for your own endeavor in this, fleshweaver?"

Overcoming with Primal to break the curse in the door, using Omni-Wand. Difficulty 4
4dF+5: 1
Ticking my 4th Mana box for a +4, and getting a +2 due to my Stunt, making this roll a 7, and thus a Success in Style
I gain the boost: Heartstopper Weave

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2017 around 19:56

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Agile Fleshling | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

Tyrannus approached the door, carefully staying outside the triggering range. Then accepting the Omni-Wand from the Delver, he sets to work defanging the rest of the trap. It is simple work, he raises his free hand, and as a flush of magic flows through the staff, the otherwise difficult to spot sacs along his arm are suddenly bulging with a thick black adhesive. Their location know, it is child's play to cover the ports from which the needles would be launched with quick blasts of adhesive launched from his arm, the magical adhesive drying hard as steel. He even has enough left over for a later use, though its continued presence makes his form even more obviously strange than normal.

Plugging up the needle launchers (Matter Overcome + Omni-Wand) (Difficulty 2): 4dF+3+2 8 Success with Style gaining the boost Extra Adhesive.

Next comes the trap door, Tyrannus kneels before it, examining its edge, and with a flash of magic the door and frame are fused into a single piece unable to drop anything. As he stands, he can feel a little of the Omni-Wand's power linger, captured in his flesh, enough for a single use perhaps.

Fusing the trap door closed (Material Overcome + Omni-wand) (Difficulty 2): 4dF+3+2 6 Success with Style gaining the boost Shadow of the Omni-Wand

Regardless, the remaining traps were defused. Now it was time to collect their reward. So the fleshshaper opens the door to see what awaits them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Seventh Chamber

Countless gemstones fill display cases arranged in geometric patterns within the room. A case in the center practically glows with stored Mana, each of the half dozen diamonds held within is enchanted to serve as the core of a golem. A single shelf of tomes sits at the back of the room, each one detailing a different aspect of golem magics.

The stones are worth 3 Mana apiece, or can be used to (no roll) activate a golem body constructed using Matter.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Location: Tomb of the Unknown Wizard- Corridor to 7th Chamber
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (0 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana), 11 wands of various styles (11 Mana), 3 Golem Hearts (9 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Prismatic Stone, Heartstopper Weave | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [] [] [] []

The Delver pocketed a number of the Golem Hearts, but did not yet drain them of their power, to avoid angering his colleagues.

"Onwards then, ever onwards. Ahaha, yes, the quest for knowledge never stops..." The Delver ran his fingers across the chamber walls, muttering to himself, "The 8th chamber lies beyond a hidden passage yonder, yes, filled with ruble and toxic gases, yes, trivial obstacles... But I wonder, what lies in the chamber itself?"

Donning his gasmask and other bits of environmental suit he had gotten from Jacob, The Delver clacked the Omni-Wand against the wall a few times, closed his eyes, and concentrated upon the 8th chamber and what lie there.

Overcoming with Void to scry the 8th chamber, using the Omni-Wand. Difficulty 3
4dF+4: 5
The roll is a Success

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2017 around 18:48

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Scrying

There is faint magical traces but no lurking danger in the Eighth Chamber aside from the traps on the conventional entrance. The air is tinged with darkness and death magics, but no active curses or malevolent spirits.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus - The 7th Chamber
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Agile Fleshling, Extra Adhesive, Shadow of the Omni-Wand | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

Tyrannus needs to alter the mask slightly to fit his superior features. Then with a waive of the Omni-Wand which he takes back from the Driver, he clears the debris.

Clearing debris (Matter overcome) (Diff 2): 4dF+3+2 6 Success w/ Style. Adding a second charge to Shadow of the Omni-Wand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Eighth Chamber

With the way clear, the wizards make their passage to the next chamber in the sequence, skin stinging and eyes watery from caustic fumes they noticed almost too late before hastily donning their protective gear.

The Eighth Chamber is filled with the dead. Preserved corpses of men and women, clothed in rags and finery stacked from floor to ceiling in steel Necrotronic mortuary racks. They lay quiescent and silent, awaiting the touch of a necro-engineer to rouse them back into unlife. Eschewing or perhaps even predating the current traditional necrotronic controls, a staff floats upright in the center of the room, tied by magic to the hearts of the unliving.

Four dozen extraordinarily well preserved corpses await the command of one willing to take up the staff and force them back into unlife. Their animating spirits rove restlessly around the chamber, strangely not completely bound to their zombie shells but unable to harm the living without first being rejoined with the flesh.

«10 »