Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Marquise Adeleine de la Neraille - 12th Chamber
FP: 3 Stress: [][][] Mana: [][X] Bonus Aspects: Ice-Winged Familiar (1 Free invocation) Boosts: Stolen Momentum

"I think I can help on this one. May I borrow the omni-staff? Thank you..."
Adeleine raised the staff in the air, tapping into its powers, contrasting each of the obelisk's Force waves with one of her own. This created a temporary reprieve from its energies, but she didn't intend to stick around there and keep that thing at bay. Using the wand, she "drew" a circle around the obelisk, creating a bubble of Force that would contrast every wave of Force with a wave of its own. Adeleine could still feel the obelisk's momentum dancing on her fingertips.

quote:

http://orokos.com/roll/528604 Success with style! I create the boost Stolen Momentum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

The Delver
Location: Tomb of the Unknown Wizard- Corridor to 13th Chamber
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (1 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana), 11 wands of various styles (11 Mana), 3 Golem Hearts (9 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Heartstopper Weave, Manawick, Eldritch Gaze, Maddening Chords | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [x] [x] []

The Delver, for his part, merely waited silently (even if he did fidget a fair bit) as the Marquise worked her magic, only approaching the obelisk when the intervening forcefield was cleared. He approached the Obelisk and cast an appraising eye at it. He then placed what seemed to be a set of preserved vocal chords onto the air next to the construct, which then proceeded to leech the final vestiges of interfering Force magic from the object, rendering it completely still. Now, sure, the chords themselves started to vibrate due to this, which resulted in a very eerie, discombobulating and confusing gibbering, but The Delver seemed to pay this no mind. He merely studied up on the Obelisk, on occasions writing things down in a small leather-bound journal, until he finally nodded to himself, put the chords back into their little jar, and wandered elsewhere...

Intelligent Overcome (Mundane) to study the strange obelisk and see if it has secrets of note to uncover, +2 from Stunt. Difficulty 2
4dF+4: 5
The roll is a Success with Style, Boost: Maddening Chords

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

The Obelisk

Judging from the markings on the obelisk, the force pulses were intended to constrain a creature otherwise immune to magic as it was known at the time. The identity of the monster is not mentioned, but there is no trace of it so it either perished or escaped centuries ago. Judging by the set of precautions, however, it appears to have been a Tartan Wisiswip, which went extinct when the overall mana level dropped, so it's likely the specimen simply starved to death out here in deep space, as they were manavores. Aside from their ability to eat most spells directed at them, they were relatively harmless.

The obelisk holds no further secrets, the enchantments used in its construction are archaic but not unknown, and the language used, while extinct, is likewise still well studied in the archeological community.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

The Delver
Created Aspects: Lightless Lantern (1 Free Invokes), Flesh-Armor (2 Free Invokes)
LOOT: Mace of Disruption (2 Mana), 11 wands of various styles (11 Mana), 3 Golem Hearts (9 Mana)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Heartstopper Weave, Manawick, Eldritch Gaze, Maddening Chords | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [x] [x] [x] []

"Thus we are at the end of our first jaunt together, it would appear", The Delver stated as he poured over the tomes in the room, "Naught but the central chamber remains, the most radiant of all. Before we brave such danger, I say we gather at the beginning, and hold counsel on what we've gathered thus far. On who gets what, on how the privileges on knowledge are to be distributed, yes", he turned his hooded gaze towards the other wizards present, "Do I find agreement within those gathered?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus - 12th Chamber
Created Aspects: Magically Attuned Eyes (1 free Invoke), Enhanced Eyesight (0 free Invokes), Armored Skin (1 free Invoke) Acid-Proof (1 free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Agile Fleshling, Extra Adhesive, Shadow of the Omni-Wand (2 1), Mutable Fleshling, Obedient Mimic, Fanatical Mimic Armor | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[X] 3[X]

"That seems a reasonable decision. One would expect the most complex and fiendish traps guarding the greatest treasure. So we should at the very least divy up the mana, even if there still remains debate about the other trinkets."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

OOC

Okay then, since this has been a fairly long adventure so far I'm declaring another Minor Milestone and Fate Points recharge up to the Refresh limit. Go ahead and do any tweaks you feel you need and clear those stress boxes. After all, nobody knows what the central chamber holds...

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus
Created Aspects: Magically Attuned Eyes (1 free Invoke), Enhanced Eyesight (0 free Invokes), Armored Skin (1 free Invoke) Acid-Proof (1 free Invoke)
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Agile Fleshling, Extra Adhesive, Shadow of the Omni-Wand (2 1), Mutable Fleshling, Obedient Mimic, Fanatical Mimic Armor |
Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

Once the group had assembled, Tyrannus spoke first, listing off the various treasures they had discovered on their journey. Then he added, "I have no preference on any of the items except for the Fledgling Dragon Skeleton and of course the Mimic," the surface of mimic, which Tyrannus is still wearing, roils for a moment at the idea of being separated from it's master. "The rest we can break down for mana and divide among us. Do any of the rest of you wish to lay claim to specific artifacts?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The Delver
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Heartstopper Weave, Manawick, Eldritch Gaze, Maddening Chords, Uncanny Intuition | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] [] | Mana: [] [] [] []

The Delver merely shook his head.

"None, fleshweaver, though I must insist that none of us may claim the Omni-Wand as their own possession. Sole ownership of such a great artifact would lead but to strife and scheme, yes", the wizard patted the mace at his side "The enchantment of disruption in this mace is the only novel spell thus found, and one we ought to copy before draining it to nothingness, yet I lay no claim to the mana itself."

"Yes, yes, most of these finds hold no particular secrets, useful for but raw power. Not a poor thing to focus on, hmm, for now at least..."

Tapping the Omni-Staff on the ground a few times to scry upon the 11th chamber, The Delver focused as his speech trailed off. Might as well make certain the 'deathtrap' chambers had nothing of value, after all.

Overcoming with Void to scry the 11th Chamber in detail, using the Omni-Wand. Difficulty 3
4dF+4: 6
The roll is a Success with Style, Boost: Uncanny Intuition

For my Minor Milestone, I'm swapping out my Eldritch Knowledge stunt for a new one called Baleful Sources. "Because I have Baleful Sources, any time that I tick a Mana box, I may untick a Mana box that has up to half of the ticked Mana box' Mana points."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

11th Chamber

Barren stone, an empty chamber, a floor coated in deadly acid. Perhaps at some time in the past this chamber held chemicals and an accident caused several vials to mix into an uncommon but not unknown acid that devoured the chamber down to the stone, leaving not even glass or rubber to hold it. Nothing awaits here but death.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

*So8*

Marquise Adeleine de la Neraille
FP: 3 Stress: [][][] Mana: [][] Bonus Aspects: Ice-Winged Familiar (1 Free invocation) Boosts: Stolen Momentum

The Marquise nodded. "Yes, sharing the Omni-Wand seems wise. We might not always have the opportunity to pass it along as needed, but it's far too powerful for only one of us to have access to it." She tapped her chin, thoughtful. "I assume we'll be sharing the tomes too? I am interested in exploring what our departed host has written down about Forces."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Tyrannus
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Agile Fleshling, Extra Adhesive, Shadow of the Omni-Wand (2 1), Mutable Fleshling, Obedient Mimic, Fanatical Mimic Armor |
Consequences: - | Stress: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ] | Mana: 1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]

"I think it is safe to assume the tomes and notes will be made available to the group. Similar to how we will share the Omni-Wand."

«5 »