Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This was definitely the episode where you realize all the bottom dwellers are suddenly gone and they are starting to eliminate the “good” artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
All the tattoos were pretty drat good this week.
I liked Bobby's a bit more than Jon's

I'm semi torn on the elimination. Bryan just had the weakest one cause he really didn't hit the actual challenge. He did a normal portrait.

However, Freddie hosed up and put only 4 total fingers on the hand. Also, he put his little logo thing on the face of the tattoo when it's suppose to be a portrait. I personally would be pissed at that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My girlfriend is so happy to see Bryan gone. It was a pretty solid week for sure, and doing an ok tattoo ain’t enough now.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Really like having artist pick the other's tattoo and just doing the hardest poo poo

Bobby's 'color realistic spirit bear' is some evil poo poo.

OH solid twist to make them do the tattoo they also dished out. That's good poo poo. I like when they do that so you can see comparisons on the same tattoo.

Agree that Jozzy was the weakest in that final 4.
Have to lean Booby as the front runner to win.

Huh, looks like they are just staying at the studio and doing each tattoo instead of sending them home and coming back for a live show.
And, they are bringing what looks to be other winners back for judging

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 14, 2023

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finale

Very tough, very close

I was surprised Freddie beat Jon for the final 2.

I don't really get what the big deal was with Freddie's 2nd tattoo. I understand the criticism of it isn't clear if it's anatomically correct. But I don't get the outrage everyone was having as it was so disgusting or whatnot

I think I vote for Bobbie as well for IM. Think his were more consistent in what he put out in those 3.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

All three finalists had some incredible work

That being said I really think getting to do two lady faces in a row wasn't a good idea, even if it was an artists choice

I was hoping for a biomech piece

I may be a mark for Frankie but I liked his work in the finals more. his second tattoo was a bit weird but now "I wanna throw up" weird

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah overall enjoyable with good tattoos. The final judging system was a bit convoluted but at least they showed all the tattoos instead of eliminating someone halfway through the finale.

Cannot imagine the reaction if some of these tattoos had been done in the early seasons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Finally caught up. The finale went pretty much how I was expecting but I agree that it was weird how people were freaking out about Freddie's second tattoo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not surprised with the winner, but I would’ve preferred to see Freddie win. Bobby’s work was incredibly solid but playing things safe for sure. His snake was better, but Freddie’s final piece eclipsed the other two so even if the second round was a tie it’s still him in my book. For Freddie’s second, I would’ve just liked some more realism in the face and that’s about it really. It’s definitely a ‘stop someone on the street’ and ask them about it piece for sure.

I’m kinda surprised mostly about Jon getting knocked out first. At least these days you actually get to see all the pieces the finalists did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Reading that s15 has been edited in the US to remove Glenn as much as possible following accusations of sexual assault against him. I see there was talk of the show not being available in some territories while airing, but not sure if it’s related.