Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's just so happy to be wearing a stupid terrible suit :allears:

:rip: Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ha ha ha ha that episode of Ink Master Angels was amazing, so many giffable facial expressions in just the first challenge. :v: Nikki was not taking any poo poo from that guy, she was out for blood. Also Ryan pulls the cutest faces when she's flummoxed. :3:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

jit bull transpile posted:

It's the bare chest that really puts the cherry on top

It's the cherry red sneakers that um puts the cherry on bottom. I don't know. He looks ridiculous. Usual insult is to use 'hipster' but this is beyond that. Inkster?

Good season even though Deanna should have been F3 instead of Roly.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Peck transcends style. Even he doesn’t know what the gently caress and doesn’t care.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
Peck is an old punk/metal guy. If it doesn’t have a band logo or isn’t a black t shirt he has no idea wtf he’s doing. I’m married to an old punk and he only knows how to dress up because I tell him. Otherwise it’s polos to work and tour shirts everywhere else.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Binary Logic posted:

Good season even though Deanna should have been F3 instead of Roly.
You're right, she probably should have been there instead but 3rd place only matters to 4th place. Her mistake was playing up that she was good faces and then bombing at faces.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Her mistake was being on the same team as the guy who was cast to win the thing, happy to help.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ha ha ha ha that episode of Ink Master Angels was amazing, so many giffable facial expressions in just the first challenge. :v: Nikki was not taking any poo poo from that guy, she was out for blood. Also Ryan pulls the cutest faces when she's flummoxed. :3:

Fragile masculinity.txt

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ryan throwing shade at Daniel was the best part of the episode. He’s such a douche especially when he talks.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Invalid Validation posted:

Ryan throwing shade at Daniel was the best part of the episode. He’s such a douche especially when he talks.

He's Bobby Bottleservice and I love him so much.

I kinda think Mike won. Ryan's tattoo is good but the fire didn't really read as fire to me whereas Mike's tattoo looked like what it was supposed to be. They should have invited him on season 11 anyway

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ryan’s was way mor crisp even though the fire wasn’t done. Least he actually did pretty good on the lighthouse cause I thought his first two were terrible.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ryan’s was way mor crisp even though the fire wasn’t done. Least he actually did pretty good on the lighthouse cause I thought his first two were terrible.

The second one was good outer space but the alien looked really blotchy. That other guy was just straight up delusional though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fragile masculinity.txt

wtf

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The real angry guy on the angels episode. He is a perfect example of fragile masculinity.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The real angry guy on the angels episode. He is a perfect example of fragile masculinity.

Ah, I thought that was aimed at me. Yeah that guy had some goddamned issues.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not sure anybody goes into tattooing with a stable mindset and well-adjusted personal life.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Tony killed it.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
It was destiny.

I already forgot most of this season - is he the first one to win?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That was a great tattoo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LOL the opening credits gave away the results of the first two challenges when it showed Don talking to one of the final canvases.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Loving the chill level on the competitors this week.

I thought Don won. The jawbone on Duffy's skull was wonky. Is it just me or have the angels voted for the angel every time this season?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The two other artists should always vote against the angel. I think I've said this before but it seems like getting competition out of town for a few weeks might help pad out your bookings

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really like the Angels show it’s a nice alternative that feeds into the main show and the girls are great.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I really enjoy Angels, but I think the need to come up with an alternative to the Angels voting. They haven't gone against the competing angel yet this season and there was more than one tattoo where it was basically a coin toss and they came down angel. I don't think they're biased, but it does kinda feel like boxing judging at times and when there's a prize associated with the face-off it would be nice to avoid even the illusion of bias.

I need to pay off my credit cards and get some cash piled up because I need tattoos from all 3 of them.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea probably, I don’t know what else you do. Like that last girl didn’t beat Kelly but she should have been on Ink Master. Maybe just bring in more guest judges to help with the angels cote? I dunno.

zee is zae
Nov 7, 2004

(Don't run away, it's only me)

I really enjoy Angels, but I think the need to come up with an alternative to the Angels voting. They haven't gone against the competing angel yet this season and there was more than one tattoo where it was basically a coin toss and they came down angel. I don't think they're biased, but it does kinda feel like boxing judging at times and when there's a prize associated with the face-off it would be nice to avoid even the illusion of bias.

I need to pay off my credit cards and get some cash piled up because I need tattoos from all 3 of them.

Yeah we get that a lot.

So it was unanimous in favor of TeeJ on the season premiere. But here’s the thing...i don’t care who did the tattoo. I’m totally transparent in all of my critiques and assessments. I vote on strict guidelines. I’m happy we got outvoted and Tony made it on. He’s outstanding. But did he have better technical execution than Nikki? Nope. He did not. And i know that because i looked at those tattoos and went down the line trying to find a way to vote for him.

If i vote on whether or not i think someone should go on Inkmaster we’d have very different results. Blake from Little Rock is one of the best tattooers we’ve ever had on the show. I wish he would have made it. Amelia was awesome too. So was John from Charlotte. But i have to judge based on strict criteria otherwise there’s zero integrity to our decisions.

Also remember: the local crowd always votes local. I think they swung towards the angel once this season. It’s an automatic advantage towards the local.
The local competitors are professionals. Angels are professionals. What does that tell you? We know something the general public doesn’t. It’s why Inkmaster has two tattooers and a collector judging. It keeps the notion of professionalism in place and gives more weight to a professional eye.

But.

Everyday we are called bias and told we only vote for our friends when really we are trying to find a way to be as fair as possible. It just so happens we are good at our jobs, which is the basis for the show: that the angels pose a challenge.
I don’t care if i lose or win. Not do Nikki or Ryan. I don’t vote based off of that. I just look at the tattoos.

Honestly it is slowly sucking the life out of me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh poo poo it’s Kelly. Don’t worry about the internet I like the show a little more than regular Ink Masters. You’ve made every correct decision every time I just hope they try to bring the good ones onto the main show sometime.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

zee is zae posted:

Yeah we get that a lot.

So it was unanimous in favor of TeeJ on the season premiere. But here’s the thing...i don’t care who did the tattoo. I’m totally transparent in all of my critiques and assessments. I vote on strict guidelines. I’m happy we got outvoted and Tony made it on. He’s outstanding. But did he have better technical execution than Nikki? Nope. He did not. And i know that because i looked at those tattoos and went down the line trying to find a way to vote for him.

If i vote on whether or not i think someone should go on Inkmaster we’d have very different results. Blake from Little Rock is one of the best tattooers we’ve ever had on the show. I wish he would have made it. Amelia was awesome too. So was John from Charlotte. But i have to judge based on strict criteria otherwise there’s zero integrity to our decisions.

Also remember: the local crowd always votes local. I think they swung towards the angel once this season. It’s an automatic advantage towards the local.
The local competitors are professionals. Angels are professionals. What does that tell you? We know something the general public doesn’t. It’s why Inkmaster has two tattooers and a collector judging. It keeps the notion of professionalism in place and gives more weight to a professional eye.

But.

Everyday we are called bias and told we only vote for our friends when really we are trying to find a way to be as fair as possible. It just so happens we are good at our jobs, which is the basis for the show: that the angels pose a challenge.
I don’t care if i lose or win. Not do Nikki or Ryan. I don’t vote based off of that. I just look at the tattoos.

Honestly it is slowly sucking the life out of me.

I'm sorry you're getting so much grief over it. Like I said, I don't see bias myself but I can see how somebody might if their only real exposure to tattoos is ink master. Personally, I just watch to see cool tattoos get done and count down to the signature Kelly Doty hair shake. I really hate when things get super heated on the show and I also hate when it pushes me into a heated reaction.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sometimes I think the angels are too good to have people try to beat you for a show spot considering some of the people they throw onto the main show.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sometimes I think the angels are too good to have people try to beat you for a show spot considering some of the people they throw onto the main show.

This is an extremely good point, but I'm not sure how you could change the format to compensate for it. Maybe the angel face-off could be for a different prize, like a guest spot at an angels shop, and then all the angels vote on whether the artist's overall performance across all 3 tattoos warrants a shot at ink master?

I just don't like seeing people read the angels as villains because they all seem hella nice.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
To be honest, I got the impression that a lot of the really good contestants on Ink Master Angels would have had a really fuckin' terrible time if they got a spot on Ink Masters and they ended up locked in a dorm for 10 weeks with someone like Josh or St Marq.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I want a Halloween episode where the Angels dress up as Peck, Dave, and Nunez

To the Angel that gets Nunez, remember if Dave wears a hat you must invoke your right to also wear a version of the same hat

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Wow I loved Emily so much, sad she didn’t get to the face-off. I really loved her burlesque dancer. Wish I lived closer to Portland.

Too bad Ryan didn’t finish her tattoo. She definitely would have destroyed that guy. I already can’t wait for him to be eliminated from ink master.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Everyone hated Austin, I get the feeling that the fact that Ryan didn't finish was the only reason he had a chance at all. When the other local artists actually take a moment to talk about how much they want you to lose and they also get to vote on that it's not a good sign. :v:

zee is zae posted:

But.

Well I hope this settles everyone's hash.

Also I hope they learned their lesson - they got what they were asking for and now we have to put up with this dick of a guy in Ink Master.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Propaganda Machine posted:

Her mistake was being on the same team as the guy who was cast to win the thing, happy to help.

"I'm really good at doing portraits"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We've been over this, but the judges only really had an issue with the missing tooth line. iirc she pretty much nailed the picture.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Propaganda Machine posted:

We've been over this, but the judges only really had an issue with the missing tooth line. iirc she pretty much nailed the picture.

Agreed. I didn't think she deserved to go home on that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Now that I think about it she picked the wrong team to begin with cause they were obviously going to get someone from each team to the finale and Josh was the strongest on the team.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Mans posted:

"I'm really good at doing portraits"

Shadow on the right eye is bad. Or should I say jacked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Just watched the Angels episode with Kelly and Doug (aka Zee is Zae and GATOS Y GATOS) and not one stealth SA reference. I'm disappointed.

Not really. Totally geeking out over only just now realising that Kelly is a goon. You're awesome girl!