Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
April did my most recent tattoo and she's really sweet in person and I'm really happy with what I got from her. I have fibromyalgia and she was really cool about getting me through the pain. The Dane you see giving the sound bytes seems pretty true to what I know of him from seeing him buzz around the shop.

Their alliance makes me cringe a little though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
How have Allegory never tattooed a saggy butt before now?

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Allegory Arts' tattoos both look like that kid got hit with a hot shovel.

Was Peck kidding about the heart attack? Good god.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I'm so tired of watching Allegory Arts bickering all the time. I'm ready for them to go for that more than their weak tattoos.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I'm still proud of what Artistic Skin did in this competition.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Who do you think is going to win at this point? I think top 3 is Golden Skull, Basilica and Black Cobra. This season it really feels like Cleen and Matt can do no wrong so far but Aaron is going to drag Cleen down.

Also Katie really seems pissed about skipping the flash challenges for someone who basically does jack poo poo during them.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

The only shocking part about that is he doesn't appear to be wearing overalls in the mugshot.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

In Cleen and Aaron's defense there's a bunch of statues with the thumbs facing that way. They actually met the challenge and drew a deity instead of a mask with some flags and it looked like what it was supposed to be, instead of sun goddess in what looked like moonlight.

I could be a little biased because of how much I hate Katie. She talks like she's gargling asphalt and she and Matt are seriously butthurt about everything that doesn't go their way.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Exactly! That tattoo is permanent.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Christian coming through with the spoilers on Twitter. It was only a few minutes before it was announced, but still.

I hope Old Town wins. DJ and Bubba have really earned it. DJ is definitely the better artist of the two but Bubba is working so hard.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

This is the first season I watched as well. I went back and watched a lot of the previous seasons after starting this one. I really don't think this season's format was fair. Would the veteran shops have done as well if they had been there from the beginning?

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Which team do you think is going to get the canvas that either outright refuses the design or doesn't come back after the first sitting?

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Uuuugggggghhhhhhh I hate every live finale. Shut up, everyone. Especially Katie.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Yeah Katie has lost weight. I think that's why Dave keeps calling her stunning.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I liked Black Cobra's final tattoos better but I'm still glad Old Town won. Katie definitely had the best live one.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

This happened more than once last night-

Dave: step back
Contests: ????
Dave: step back
Contestants: ?????

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Other than Christian being an rear end in a top hat to everyone, the thing I don't like about him is every piece he gets to design on his own is biblical. BRANCH OUT.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

My dish signal cut out during the last segment. Who won?

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Kelly sounds like Aidy Bryant when she's announcing on the show. She's just so enthusiastic!

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I think Jose should have won on courage alone. He chose Kelly and he did a neck tattoo.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

“Are we here to tattoo vaginas on heads though?”

“Are we not here to tattoo vaginas on heads?”

I love Kelly so much.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I hated Nikki when she competed but I love the way she talks to her clients. I’d totally get a tattoo from her based on her level of customer service she shows in Angels.

Edit: poor Gia. Sciatica is super painful and if it’s coming from cancer treatment there probably isn’t a lot that can be done to fix it.

bitchymcjones fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 7, 2017

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Sparks needs to get his head out of his rear end and take a goddamn critique. I’ve been in writers workshops and I understand how brutal it is to have your work torn apart like that. But you don’t attack the experienced person trying to help you.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I know I said mean things about Sparks a week ago, but I do like his work.

I think he would have done better if he wasn’t on a team. You can’t take critiques as personally as he did on the show, even though they can absolutely feel like personal attacks. You pour so much if yourself into your art and you have to be able to separate yourself from your art for criticism to be constructive. That alone is hard enough, but then when you have extra people giving that criticism it has to feel like an echo chamber.

That being said, every reality competition show is made to expose your every weakness and gently caress with your head. Few people can handle that kind of stress.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a few nice ones where they try to be supportive and avoid drama but they're definitely a tiny minority.

I don’t feel like Ink Master or the judges are being mean. The purpose of any competition is to see who can do what and if you’re smart, you’ll take those failures and improve on them. Take Sparks for an example again. His anatomy on that last tattoo was completely hosed. I bet he went home and figured out how to draw arms that look like they actually have bones.

Or look at DJ’s partner from last season, Bubba. He got kicked off his season really early and he worked on every one of his weaknesses. He continued to study while he was on the show and I think that’s a big part of why they won. Bubba learned he couldn’t hope for DJ to carry him or for someone to be worse at the thing he’s bad at.

The only other reality competition I watch regularly is RuPaul’s Drag Race. The show turns a lot of the competitors into emotional wrecks. But you can see that RuPaul genuinely believes in the queens and wants them to be the best they can be. But challenges are meant to challenge contestants and push them outside of what they’re comfortable with.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I always watch the show on DVR because I end up fast forwarding through the drama. I just want to see tattoos and I want to see them get picked apart. It’s made me a better consumer and a better canvas.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I don’t get why Katie didn’t get the canvas to move the tattoo to a place that wasn’t covered on razor burn. That was her biggest mistake.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

It was long last time for Amanda to go. She’s been coasting by on Team Anthony the whole time.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I was laughing at Fame’s tattoo from the beginning because the head looked like it was floating in front of the body.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I was laughing so hard at the episode

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I’m mad she got eliminated, but I agree that picking that tattoo was a choice. It’s going to be really close in the finale between Josh and Juan.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I wanted her to stay and everything, but DJ also could have told her to fix it.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I’ve been Team DJ the whole season. Anthony seems like a cool guy too. Steve is a lovely coach. Even though I never liked Roly I feel like he might have done better if Steve wouldn’t have been constantly over his shoulder. That’s way too much pressure.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I knew it was going to be Cleen and Christian. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

I’m happy with the way things went. It was a tough choice between DJ and Anthony and I would have been cool with either one winning.

I get Josh winning over Juan even though I didn’t think his tattoo was as legible. His proportions were more correct. I would have rather seen Juan win, but at least it didn’t go to Roly.

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Peck is an old punk/metal guy. If it doesn’t have a band logo or isn’t a black t shirt he has no idea wtf he’s doing. I’m married to an old punk and he only knows how to dress up because I tell him. Otherwise it’s polos to work and tour shirts everywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Slo-Tek posted:

Pretty sure it is standard for reality TV. Vest guy always wears vests, so that you can remember he is vest guy between commercial breaks, and affliction t-shirt rear end in a top hat probably wore an affliction t-shirt to the casting call, but Wardrobe decided he was Affliction T-shirt rear end in a top hat.

The one that tore it for me was that guy who they dressed like an enormous toddler, in primary color t-shirts and bibs, for an entire season. I was willing to believe that vest guy and affliction t-shirt rear end in a top hat were real, but bibs guy? Naaah.

Ohhhh my god I never made the enormous toddler connection but that’s so correct. I’m dying. :lol:

I’m pretty sure Ryan only wears like three colors in real life though.