Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgSRNj2JIK4

looks like he's doing good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
looks like his utub channel got nuked

one too many, uh, cia rants

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

this guy just hurts to look at

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I'm the skin imperfections

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he took down all his documentation :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
why the long face

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

why the long face

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

i'm gonna get acne just lookign at that poo poo

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i've never before been able to look at that pic long enough to notice that part of his mustache is creeping into his mouth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Meat Beat Agent posted:

i've never before been able to look at that pic long enough to notice that part of his mustache is creeping into his mouth

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

his eyes and eyelashes and eyelids and eyebrows and eyeballs

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I'm the skin imperfections

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
such a waste of a high caliber mind :(

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

audio :nws: and contains racial epithets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YokNW7tIs :nws:
lol jesus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 9, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ya, i should have tagged that. sorry

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

who

quote:

Terry Davis, a schizophrenic programmer, has spent 10 years building an operating system to talk to God.

In the beginning there is darkness. The screen erupts in blue, then a cascade of thick, white hexadecimal numbers and cracked language, "UnusedStk" and "AllocMem." Black screen cedes to blue to white and a pair of scales appear, crossed by a sword, both images drawn in the jagged, bitmapped graphics of Windows 1.0-era clip-art—light grey and yellow on a background of light cyan. Blue text proclaims, "God on tap!"

This is TempleOS V2.17, the welcome screen explains, a "Public Domain Operating System" produced by Trivial Solutions of Las Vegas, Nevada. It greets the user with a riot of 16-color, scrolling, blinking text; depending on your frame of reference, it might recall ​DESQview, the ​Commodore 64, or a host of early DOS-based graphical user interfaces. In style if not in specifics, it evokes a particular era, a time when the then-new concept of "personal computing" necessarily meant programming and tinkering and breaking things.

Gif by the authorTerry Davis, a schizophrenic programmer, has spent 10 years building an operating system to talk to God.

In the beginning there is darkness. The screen erupts in blue, then a cascade of thick, white hexadecimal numbers and cracked language, "UnusedStk" and "AllocMem." Black screen cedes to blue to white and a pair of scales appear, crossed by a sword, both images drawn in the jagged, bitmapped graphics of Windows 1.0-era clip-art—light grey and yellow on a background of light cyan. Blue text proclaims, "God on tap!"

This is TempleOS V2.17, the welcome screen explains, a "Public Domain Operating System" produced by Trivial Solutions of Las Vegas, Nevada. It greets the user with a riot of 16-color, scrolling, blinking text; depending on your frame of reference, it might recall ​DESQview, the ​Commodore 64, or a host of early DOS-based graphical user interfaces. In style if not in specifics, it evokes a particular era, a time when the then-new concept of "personal computing" necessarily meant programming and tinkering and breaking things.

Then there are less mundane features. Pressing F7 anywhere in TempleOS summons a pseudo-random "tongues word." Five F7s at the command prompt might produce downmarket Dada like "flashedt ARE evil madly peacemaker." Shift-F7 inserts a Bible passage. (Or, less revelatory, the copyright notice from Project Gutenberg's e-text Bible.) Jukebox offers a collection of PC-speaker tunes with Biblically inspired lyrics, like this gloss on Mark 4:37: Lord, there's a storm upon the sea / Lord, there's a storm upon the sea / Relax, fellas / (Sea became glass).

TempleOS is more than an exercise in retro computing, or a hobbyist's space for programming close to the bare metal. It's the brainchild—perhaps the life's work—of 44-year-old Terry Davis, the founder and sole employee of Trivial Solutions. For more than a decade Davis has worked on it; today, TempleOS is 121,176 lines of code, which puts it on par with Photoshop 1.0. (By comparison, Windows 7, a full-fledged modern operating system designed to be everything to everyone, filled with decades of cruft, is ​about 40 million lines.)

He's done this work because God told him to

oh dear

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lurk more

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip terry, shredded to bits by jawn in this stupid subforum

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when terry posted to SA and got permabanned lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

SpaceClown posted:

God says:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

SpaceClown posted:

no, but i want to

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it was a really good time when he was here

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

no, but i want to

he got really incoherent and racist after a while, and the randomly generated godspeak just got longer and longer for each post.

compared to the insanity and incompetence of Statpedia guy, Terry Davis is insane and weirdly brilliant. maybe the only person ever to write an outsider art- OS from scratch.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

he documents a lot, I wonder if image boards etc exacerbated his racism & schizophrenia

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

he documents a lot, I wonder if image boards etc exacerbated his racism & schizophrenia

didn't get get some money or something from somewhere? dude is like a street preacher

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
he used to work for ticketmaster

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

same but terri schiavo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
i'd rather talk about jim davis, op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

same but terri schiavo

better poster than u

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nice camera, terry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Someone made a Gameboy emulator for TempleOS believe it or not

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Someone made a Gameboy emulator for TempleOS believe it or not

holy crap!

https://github.com/tramplersheikhs/cherub

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6gsw4x/cherub_game_boy_emulator_for_templeos/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

whoa this guy has some stuff
https://github.com/tramplersheikhs/megaman

quote:

Mega Man for TempleOS

PLEASE NOTE: Sounds have been removed, the use of digitized sound is not permissible in TempleOS.

• Locked thread