Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

*GT edit for friendship: If you are not a GIPer but come for the baller rear end CE thread and wound up here, feel free to participate as long as you stick to the circle jerk. No D&D bullshit, no fuckboi nonsense. Lurk if you are not sure what this means. If someone starts a why Hillary lost derail I will report you and demand a ban. Take that poo poo elsewhere. This is about Trump committing obstruction of justice and how he poisons everyone he touches. Also, notice the prop bets. GIVE SOME drat MONEY TO CHARITY. If you need one there are two suggested, and most of us can suggest more.*

This is the Comey open session thread. But like most open sessions its going to be bullshit on top of horse poo poo. Be prepared for lots of non answers, partisan grandstanding and ultimately not really accomplishing a drat thing because lol nothing will change until the Reds lose the house.

However.

Its a week day so Russia-o-clock hit and now the Director of National Intelligence may have to admit that Trump tried to tell him to interfere with the FBI investigation.

That matters because Coats testifies in open session the day before.

So dump your open session circle jerking here and remember:

Last one eats the probie.

UPDATE: Now with time tables.

Wed June 7th, 10 AM EDT:
Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats
Acting Director of FBI Andrew McCabe
Director NSA Admiral Mike Rodgers
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein*

Thurs June 8th 10 AM EDT:
Former Director FBI James Comey.

* - This just might be where things go the most sideways.

GT Edit:
For you degenerate gamblers I am setting a few lines. If you want to place prop bets do so for charity. If you are lazy then you can :effort: :20bux: to any number of groups on the bets listed here or ride someone else's. POST PROOF OF PAY OUT HERE. If you need a charity, I give to Puppies Behind Bars, but there are plenty of others. Planned Parenthood might be a good idea since President Pence will not be good news for women's health care.

Over Under:
Trump Tweets during Comey Testimony - 10
Times in Wed hearing that any one of the four invokes EP - 12
Times in Wed hearing that anyone invokes Muller to dodge a question - 5
Times Comey invokes Muller to dodge a question - 7

Yes/No bets:
Coats confirm Trump told him to shut down FBI investigation
McCain grows a spine
Comey comes up with a reasonable explanation for why he didn't report Trump interference to someone.
Comey confirms he told Sessions not to leave him alone with Trump again.
Rosenstein loses his poo poo and throws ERRYBODY under the bus

EBBNOTE:
:siren:
Post your predictions. If you're wrong, I probate you for six hours. Predictions close at 9:55 AM EST Thursday. By 7 PM EST, I want the thread to nominate the dumbest post/prediction. "Winner" by popular vote gets queued for three days.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

What time and what timezone is this happening? I need to know so I can take part.

Updated the OP with the days/times/who will be there.

:siren:Predictions:siren:

1 - Comey's hearing is bullshit fluff where the Reds harass him about unmasking and why he didn't tell anyone about Trump interfering/his memos. Dems hammer him for details about the extent of interference. Trump will be a gigantic manbaby about it. Will still tweet that Comey confirms there is no collusion.

2 - Wed is when all the action happens. Coats essentially confirms the interference by saying he can't talk about it because of EP/Muller. Reds hammer them about unmasking and Clinton bullshit. The Blues hammer everyone about interference.

3 - Rosenstein fucks up. Bad enough that he has to recuse himself from the Russia poo poo because he was involved in the Comey dismissal. Putting everything in the hands of some woman who's name I don't remember but she has been a long time DC lizard. Trump loses his god drat mind and fires someone. This probably will take a couple days. So look for a recusal late Friday into Monday. Trump fires someone for it by Wed next week.

4 - The Zodiac Killer is still a pile of human feces and no one likes him and he gets dunked on in both sessions.

Comedy Prediction:
Duckworth carves a man's still beating heart out of his chest with a spoon.

Y'all fuckin suck at predictions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

PREDICTION

I'm not going to get probated or banned

ENJOY YOUR 6ER!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

NSA WIZARD posted:

ANYBODY ELSE THINK MY BOSS LOOKS LIKE A SITH LORD

:lol:

best post in this thread.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

McCain may have been sleeptalking, but he just very clearly laid out how there are specific details about clearly illegal things done by the Trump admin.

facialimpediment posted:

fuckin hell I go to lunch and the McCain/Burr poo poo happens :cripes:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/872491724521611264

Where in McCain calls this stonewalling "Orwellian"....

:stare:

Thats not.... Good.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

For those of you who don't know This is the scene the title talks about.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Honestly not sure which I'm more hyped for, Comey speaking or the marmalade madman loading his Twitter shotgun and taking aim at his feet.

You misspelled face.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Comey has not actually arrived yet. Thats a cardboard cut out.

Don't think he has even blinked.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

Okay, Comey just confirmed no investigation via questioning from Risch.

This is a dumb question that keeps getting floated as some excusal for the president.

Trump was not the subject. The campaign is. And you start there. You get one person, nail them to the wall, and then spiderweb from there. Saying Trump isn't under investigation is essentially saying they haven't got that far yet.

Whats more surprising is the "no collusion" point. Is he saying that definitively that there wasn't collusion?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

If you think they haven't jammed cell signals and changed the WiFi password to stop his phone from getting a signal out you are joking yourself.

Thats why there aren't any tweets.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

He sounds like his teeth are loose and his tongue is too big for his mouth.

Lou Holtz syndrome except Lou Holtz can blame it on a stroke.

(Maybe he can too idk)

Lou Holtz sounded like that before the stroke.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This is bullshit.

I want in on the closed testimony. Thats where all the good poo poo is.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Jesus loving Christ stop monday morning quarterbacking his responses to the god drat president being a shady gently caress.

Like.. How the gently caress would you react in the moment.

Im starting to feel bad for Comey. He is sounding like a guy who was trying to do his job and got blitzed by new management to do all sorts of illegal poo poo.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

Not that I've seen, unless he deleted them.

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/872833628539154436

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

How badly will the reds poo poo themselves over Comey being the one to tell people about the memos existing?

Thats going to be the best part.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

What the gently caress is McCain even on about. Shut up you retarded senile clown.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/872855294698819584

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Ok. The hearing is over.

I'm going to leave this open for further discussion for a couple days. Things to update:

Red and Blue response.
Photos.
Further breakdowns from lawyers.

Trump's inevitable meltdown where he shits 40 tweets attacking everyone over this.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

B: Wouldn't surprise me if there's a bunch of astroturfed comments out there going gently caress YEAH MCCAIN.

Most of the twitter response I am seeing under McCain in trending is to the effect of "Alzheimer's is a hell of a thing".

And Brian Williams just through some serious shade at McCain.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion Comey is incompetent after watching the hearing.

I flipped the opposite on that.

I thought he was a bumbling idiot who couldn't even meet the broken clock standard. Now I think he knew everything he was doing both during 2016 and 2017, truly believes he was in a catch 22 with all the election poo poo and maybe he did the right thing.'

EDIT: The NYT reporter who broke the story in Feb about the multiple phone contacts between Trump campaign and Russian officials is up on the Rachel Maddow show. If you want to hear a rebuttal to Comey saying the story was wrong.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Godholio posted:

Comey critiques I heard today at work:

1-He should've taken a more direct stand against the president's loyalty demand, and shut him down unequivocally.
2-Caving to Loretta Lynch on the investigation/matter verbiage eliminates his credibility.

The first was something that bothered me until I heard his explanation, which made complete sense.

Essentially he was so shocked by what was going on and what was being said to him that his brain went into flight mode and he just talked fast and made it pretty enough to get the gently caress out of that place. People bitching about that have never been in a situation where someone very powerful is telling them to do something highly unethical/illegal. Its Monday morning quarterbacking at its most ignorant and worst. In fact its that kind of explanation behind his actions that make me reconsider my opinion on Comey. Which was not very high before today.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Also just lmbo forever at congress critters calling someone out for not ending their careers the first time they hear insane proposals.

Yea that bothered me too.

"You threatened to quit over torture and trying to take advantage of someone who was in medical crisis, but you didn't threaten to quit over this!!!"

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Peetown Manning posted:

Out of all that poo poo those Republicans threw, you gotta expect one thing would stick. As I understood it he just had a friend make the actual exchange of the memos? I guess the upshot of all this is they are calling Comey dishonest for....providing a written account of everything he did with Trump...but some of it got leaked so now its reeeeeeeee leaker instead of reeeeeeee emails as with Hildawg.

From what I have seen not many Reds are bitching about Comey releasing the memos through a 3rd party. Largely because it's completely legal and there isn't poo poo that can be done about it. It's just Trump and his "complaint" is going to get his lawyer laughed out of the buildings he files them in. Most of the defense is like Ryan's "he just doesn't get how D.C. works". Or they mumble about Trump not being personally under investigation.

Why do I get the feeling that something happened yesterday with that Sessions remark that is bigger than it sounds. I have seen the 3rd meeting stuff, but it seems like there was more going on and possibly Sessions might be royally hosed.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Y'all realize that the Sessions hearing is a waste of time right?

He isn't going to answer poo poo.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

shyduck posted:

Sessions accused Comey of lying under oath.

Somebody's lying.

Which one has a known history of lying under oath?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

So wait...

Did he basically just confirm Comey's statement that Trump acted improperly?

Because thats what I got out of it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

He did say that he didn't talk to Comey at all before he got fired. Wrote a memo and then Comey was let go.

What?

So he never talked to him. But he talked to him about Comey's concern and agreed that DOJ policy needed to be followed when communicating with the President?

Tha gently caress?

Edit: Nevermind. The context of the never talking to Comey was specifically about job performance. Not totality.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 13, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I thought comey was canned before he wrote the memo, and one from rosenstein about the same time, but after it was all over headline news.

Comey was going to be fired by Trump so ahead of the termination he had Rosenstein and Sessions to write letters of condemnation. The letters were presented with the termination order.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Collins needs to up her dose of Symmetrel.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Heinrich is being mean.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I like this Heinrich guy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Someone needs to stuff Cotton into a loving locker.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

BUT LEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

If the Senate had any balls what so ever, they would have Sessions and those four idiots from last week up on contempt charges.

• Locked thread