Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What’s the verdict on the Fast Forward Man costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ah awesome. I was adding isos to Psylock and was wondering about that.

on each character's screen, itll either say "energy damage [some number] or physical damage [some number]. thats how you tell if someone needs energy or physical damage gear, you cant go by what damage type their skills do (because some people do hybrid damage types and some people do the opposite to their damage stat, like... hyperion i think?).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

does more damage
purple
shameful bulge

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All the new costumes seem good but not must haves so I'm leaning towards saving for Psylocke (or the next update that tempts me).

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Steve Vader posted:

It makes his self buff happen instantly instead of the many second multi stepped process it normally is so 12/10

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

punchymcpunch posted:

does more damage
purple
shameful bulge

Don't forget how the white lines on the costume make him look like he is wearing Flip-Flops.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
I've been dragged into this skinner-box and can't get out. Anyone got space in their alliance for me to apply to?

it'll be 'dmatryx' when I put in the application.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
As has been said, his buff is instant (and also x-frames + damage), also his thousand punch skill now ends in a super chad punch rather than a virgin slide. His effects are now a nice purple/pink colour.

He got floppy hair too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

on each character's screen, itll either say "energy damage [some number] or physical damage [some number]. thats how you tell if someone needs energy or physical damage gear, you cant go by what damage type their skills do (because some people do hybrid damage types and some people do the opposite to their damage stat, like... hyperion i think?).

Huh, I've been playing this dumb game since launch and I never realized that. But then I went forever without realizing that ISO sets were a thing, or how T2 worked. Like seriously, I had like a ton of t2 tickets on hand when it was explained to me.

I also had like 50k GuKs stockpiled too because I never bothered to upgrade peoples gear. Just level and rarity.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

But then I went forever without realizing that ISO sets were a thing, or how T2 worked. Like seriously, I had like a ton of t2 tickets on hand when it was explained to me.

lmao "what the gently caress are all these things"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

lmao "what the gently caress are all these things"

More like "why can't I use this poo poo? It says doesn't meet requirements, but it doesn't tell me what the requirements are!".

So I finally finished Shadowland. What's up with the last 10 or so levels having garbage rewards? The most useful stuff is in the first 10 as they give GuKs and decent number of bios. I don't need another 3* comic card.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 17, 2018

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

matryx posted:

I've been dragged into this skinner-box and can't get out. Anyone got space in their alliance for me to apply to?

it'll be 'dmatryx' when I put in the application.

Doctor Goons has openings

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Thanks - Applied

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Omg, Arachknight's first time talking to Modok. 10/10 game of the year!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea that was pretty boss. Though its crummy the next quest doesn't start until like 3am.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I haven't done any of the daily/capped stuff today in anticipation of the Heroic Quest restarting but I'm going back and forth on if its the smart idea and just hope I get time before the rest tomorrow morning to finish all of it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Did you have a lot of time at the end of the quest? I have 4 days of waiting so I'm not going to worry about timing windows at all on week 2.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Lol I chose a garbage heroic quest because I didn't know this was going to be such an involved affair

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had like 2-3 days, so yeah, I probably don't NEED to do it this way. I ended up spending crystals to refill Daily Missions once but even if I hadn't done that I would have had a day and a half to spare at least.

I just have this part of me anxious about it and wanting to make sure I give myself the best chance possible and this other part saying to just do everything now before bed and chill out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I basically decided that I'm going to just wait until tomorrow for the HQ stuff. Even though I hosed up and locked myself out of HQ missions for 2 days I still finished it.

I still can't believe the garbage rewards for clearly SL. Ooh an okay iso an a 3* card. Level 5 has better rewards. I can always use bios.

A lot of new characters have been released lately, is there a current ranking of who you should put resources in? The only ones I can figure out are Psylock and Deadpool.

EDIT: Of course you can't pass HQ 7 on the first day because you can only do 5 WB in a day.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 20, 2018

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Lol I chose a garbage heroic quest because I didn't know this was going to be such an involved affair

Yeah me too. Really obnoxious.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Just requested to join waifu squad :clint: This is the first phone game I’ve played more than 10 minutes. I’m playing lady captain America as suggested, not sure why she was, but her AoEs are p deece. I have no idea if I’m using my resources correctly, should I avoid using gold on rank ups on anyone but her? I’ve also used all the free lvl. 4 exp boosts on her accidentally and jumped her from 10 to 17. Oh well, she’s a little OP for the level 2 story missions now :shrug:

Should I have avoided ranking her up and all that and just made her a 6+ character with the free upgrade they give you, or should I save that for a character I enjoy? Also, I can’t read well so I’m sure it’s been said, how do I choose the greyed our characters in the hero chooser if I want to use the 6+* gift on ‘em?

I’m going to be so unproductive at work tomorrow.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So when you start the game they throw a lot of stuff at you. And this game has tons of different mechanics.
And they give you some unique resources at the start of the game and some of them are best spent on rarer characters than others.

There are some guides on what to do at the start of the game.

My advice is when you can go into the main menu go into Legendary Battles. It used to be called Cinematic Battles. It's a small set of fights based on the movies. You are given maxed version of the characters for it.
The very first time you do Thor 1, Black Panther 1, Avengers 3 and Ant Man 1 in those, you are given six star versions of those heroes to keep. That should help out.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So i filled up the Crystal Box on the Heroic Quest and so you have to pay 3 bucks to open it or else you can’t collect any more Crystal Box stuff.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah it's a little cheaper than the regular package.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do I get hidden route tickets without spending crystals on them? I have 1 and i need 2.

EDIT on the tenth reset of the lab store they showed up available using lab tokens.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 21, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

How do I get hidden route tickets without spending crystals on them? I have 1 and i need 2.

EDIT on the tenth reset of the lab store they showed up available using lab tokens.

They show up occasionally in the Alliance token Store but the last time was a month or two ago I think. Also often in the quest stores if you don't want to save up for the big ticket items.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That prompted me to look at my own and I have 1520 hidden tickets. It's really been a long time since they released new Special Missions.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

bagrada posted:

They show up occasionally in the Alliance token Store but the last time was a month or two ago I think. Also often in the quest stores if you don't want to save up for the big ticket items.

The last time they showed up in the Alliance store was last month. There is a new event where they will be available for sale in the Alliance Store in the next few days.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

That prompted me to look at my own and I have 1520 hidden tickets. It's really been a long time since they released new Special Missions.

you should run em, they drop CTPs rarely

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What the hell does extreme not count for alliance battle score >50k points? That dumb.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

What the hell does extreme not count for alliance battle score >50k points? That dumb.

Just about to post the same complaint.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, Ghost is pretty good. I just T2'd her becuse I liked the character but once i upgraded her skills and gave her some Isos she rekts.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I always liked the comic character, so he's even pretty good without the costume (which I haven't bought yet).

Hoping for another sale soon. I'd also like to get the IW Black Widow just to make her hold her own in T2. Also hoping for a solid new Captain Marvel costume soon - just T2ed her and was a bit disappointed in the performance.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Captain Marvel is trash at the moment. Her movie will of course get a costume to make her S tier I'm sure.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What's the deal with the grayed out 'forever unavailable' Captain Marvel costume?

Fingers crossed for a Photon/Pulsar/Rambeau around that time, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Monica, Marr-vel, Dr Minerva and maybe Korath and Skrulls too. Movie CM costume and young Coulson probably too. Wild card Spider-Woman.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

What's the deal with the grayed out 'forever unavailable' Captain Marvel costume?

Fingers crossed for a Photon/Pulsar/Rambeau around that time, too.

Supposedly (before my time in FF) there was a limited timed event to get this Captain Marvel costume. It involved collecting a load of comic covers (Which were different to the comic cards we get now.)
It was hugely RNG dependent and people who spent the entire event doing it didn't get the costume.
And for whatever reason Netmarble has steadfastly refused to re-release the costume.

By all accounts it's not even a very good costume (looks wise or ability wise) anyway.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Supposedly (before my time in FF) there was a limited timed event to get this Captain Marvel costume. It involved collecting a load of comic covers (Which were different to the comic cards we get now.)
It was hugely RNG dependent and people who spent the entire event doing it didn't get the costume.
And for whatever reason Netmarble has steadfastly refused to re-release the costume.

By all accounts it's not even a very good costume (looks wise or ability wise) anyway.

It required a large amount of whaling to get, which is (allegedly) the biggest reason it's not been available since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I feel like there were people posting on Reddit of spending 2k+ on the card packs for that costume and not completing it.