Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd laugh very hard if the event spoils the movie.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

people worry about that every mcu patch and it never happens. im pretty sure netmarble just work off the trailer and maybe some concept art

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

that said.... yeah id laugh too lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We will find out that fights happen between characters and get a vague sense of their location.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I have no idea who to choose for the T3 selector. I've got America's rear end and Cyke, and that's it. IM and Spidey at 70 with 25 gear, the rest somewhere between 60 and 66 with their gears at 20. I guess Sharog or Marvel, or is Thor or Winter Soldier something to go for?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sharon's the best option, probably. Her T3 skill is WAY powerful. Marvel's good too but everyone else is a step below.

Well I haven't seen anything about Winter Soldier but I assume no news is mediocre news. And we'll probably have Black Widow as an option by then but I don't expect her to be a world beater. It would be cool though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
its probably hard coded into the selector who can get it, so if Widow gets T3 before its used, it won't work on her.

But yea, Sharon is probably the best t3 followed by Captain Marvel. At least with Carol's suits. Basic Black Suit Carol is rear end, but CM or Endgame suits make her fantastic. Sharon is awesome with her Amazon outfit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My assumption is its just the usual Selector limitations so no premium or special characters just like with any of the other 6*, T2, or whatever selectors. That big list of exemptions they list. But the list of T3s was small enough that it was just easier and more informative to list all the "regular" options straight out. Widow is a regular, farmable character so I'm assuming it will work on her. But we'll see.

But yeah, if you got Sharon and Marvel as options there's probably no real debate that they're easily the best choices unless Widow REALLY improves.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 17, 2020

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Sharog it is, then. I can take BW up the regular way. She's not too expensive.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

The T3 selector is available today, and looks like you can get and use it anytime between now and the reset early on 5/13. Thor was my plan but now that I've looked at it I get more value from Winter Soldier or Iron Man. My Thor is 70 and 4x25 whereas they are still 60 and 4x20. Gonna think about it for a while though, its not like I'll actually use them for much. Going for best value assumes I'm going to max everyone and I doubt I'll ever get that far down my list which is topped by Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, plus Hulk and a bunch of other people once they get around to them. So I might as well boost Thor because he's my favorite of the bunch.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got Carol and Sharon ready to T3 as soon as I get enough CCF. I'm currently leaning to use it on one of them and then CCFing the other shortly to get two T3s quickly.

Other options are Spidey, AntMan, Iron Man and Bucky. I'd get "value" from using it on them at level 62 or so, but I'd get more use out of the other two.

Then I also have Namor, Strange, Thanos, and Apocalypse waiting for CCF as well, and I'll need to work on Wanda and Nat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only option I have is Winter Soldier. I have his gear worked up a little but I stopped when the T3 selector was announced. I'm of two minds. On one hand I can just grab him, save some "value", and knock him off the list of options. On the other hand 300 ccf from one of the other T3s I already have might actually be of more value than all the other stuff I save from a Winter Soldier T3 I'd do who knows when. I'm torn.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

The only option I have is Winter Soldier. I have his gear worked up a little but I stopped when the T3 selector was announced. I'm of two minds. On one hand I can just grab him, save some "value", and knock him off the list of options. On the other hand 300 ccf from one of the other T3s I already have might actually be of more value than all the other stuff I save from a Winter Soldier T3 I'd do who knows when. I'm torn.

Do you get ccf from selecting a duplicate? I thought it was just bios, though I'm at work and haven't looked into it yet. That might definitely be my choice if so.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They announced a change yesterday I think.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/75/1601383

quote:

Critera: All selectable Tier-3 characters are owned at Tier-3 on 4/29 2:59 p.m. (UTC +0) / 4/29 7:59 a.m. (PDT)
Existing reward: 512 Biometrics/X-Genes for the selected character

Additional Compensation:
Rank 1 Black Anti-matter x300, Norn Stone of Chaos x300, Cosmic Cube Fragment x300
* The Biometrics or the X-Genes will be paid immediately upon selection.
* After an internal data inquiry, the additional compensation will be sent to the inbox at most by 5/6 2:59 p.m. (UTC+0) / 5/6 7:59 a.m. (PDT). We will update this notice once the payments are complete.
Please understand that this process may take some time.

So yeah, the 300 CCF seem like they might be the bigger value to get me Thanos or even Strange or Crescent faster than to just get Winter Soldier when I don't see myself doing much with him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My choices are black panther, ant man, winter soldier, thor and iron man. I am leaning towards iron man but maybe BP?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

They announced a change yesterday I think.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/75/1601383

So yeah, the 300 CCF seem like they might be the bigger value to get me Thanos or even Strange or Crescent faster than to just get Winter Soldier when I don't see myself doing much with him.

Critera: All selectable Tier-3 characters are owned at Tier-3

so unless im reading it wrong, its only for people who own all the options already. you cant strategically get the 300 ccf

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don’t read it that way. But I guess we’ll see since I went and used it on one of my T3s. Either I get the ccf or I’m a dummie.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I went with Sharog and I now have to learn how to play her again with her new unis. Last time I played her, was when she actually had a team bonus with Sharon Carter/Agent 13 and femCap. So around back when she was released, I guess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still use the 3-5-4 routine with Sharon. The only real difference I do is sometimes backing out of the 5 early once the spears fall and trying to hit the 6 when it does maximum damage.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'll try to remember that.

Apart from that, I really dislike the changes to wbu. It takes ages to get through all five in a day. Probably because of my low resist, but I have no idea what that is, either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As best as I can tell "Resist" means the boss starts shrugging off your strikers after they hit him with the same move a few times. Which means the back end of your fight is gonna be way harder than the front end and your strikers become way less valuable and may be more useful as buffs than actual strikers. And the Resist Level counters that and you just up it by winning.... I guess. I'm assuming it works the same as Raid Level but I haven't actually checked.

I'm frustrated by new WBU but I'm adjusting. Basically I'm trying to re-align my goals from "the highest level I can reach" to "the highest level where my raid level is ok". Its frustrating to have been on Level 59 and now down to 37 or something, but the rewards don't really change much so its not a huge deal. It just feels like a setback but I guess its more challenges. I don't mind that. If I get frustrated I can still go down to Level 1 and win in 10 seconds or less.

Of course it probably sucks if your raid level is also low and the low levels are still tough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't have any issues with WBU, at least at level 1, because they're not fun and take too much time anything higher. I don't care it means less rewards, bceause jesus christ its no fun to do them at the high levels. Most if you're off your timing by a second you're dead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WBU is probably my favorite part of the game and the part of it that feels the most like an actual game and not just a bunch of daily chores. Like I actually have to figure out the strategy and play it right and I might have to try a few times to get it right. I'm not always in the mood to do that and in that case I do Level 1, but sometimes I actually want to play a game. And like, the levels and Challenges at least FEEL like forward progress even if its all kind of meaningless.

Except Thanos. gently caress Thanos. He's a cheating bastard. Apocalypse is a dick too.

Its just that like, right now with the Resist at the later levels the issue isn't really not being able to stay alive, its just having no real chance to win and do enough damage. So I mostly have to back down until I work my Resist/Raid up.

I think I'm the atypical player of this game. Danger Room and Giant Boss Raid are kind of frustration but other parts I actually sort of like because there's some real gamesmanship to them. These phone games usually bore me after awhile because its just log in every X hours to click a bunch of buttons. So actually having some game to my game keeps me engaged and gives my new mountains to climb.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 2, 2020

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Starting to play this game again after a long while. Are there any alliances that has an have spot I could join?

Also for some reason it seems to have reset my story progress I think? I can't seem to select any chapters and it's forcing me to play with Cap, Iron man and Black Widow. Not sure what's going on there. Last I remember I was pretty far in unless they overhauled the entire campaign?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
They redid the story campaign for some inane reason. It's a bit/lot/kinda harder now, at least in my opinion, but ymmv.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They got rid of the old Story Mission system and replaced it with one set story with Cap, Iron Man, and Black Widow. Its a bit more challenging and less "auto play" but not very hard. But its also not very good or fun. You get free costumes for those three characters but you have to complete the whole story 3 times to get all 3. You can keep playing it more times if you want but the prizes are pretty low and not worth it. They've promise a second chapter to the story and the first one ends on a cliffhanger but who knows?

Along with the new Story Mission they introduced Dimension Missions. They basically combine what Story Missions, Special Missions, and Dimension Rifts all used to be with none of them existing anymore. You can now collect the resources you used to through all of those through the one source of Dimension Missions. You also get tokens that can be used in the Support Shop to get a bunch of stuff including bios for all the characters you used to farm in those now gone missions.

I think its all a positive change. The Dimension Missions is a much more streamlined and easier thing. I've got a million Support Shop tokens and whenever I need bios I just spend a fraction of them to get what I need.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ugh I now have too many choices on who to use the megarank up ticket on. Do I use my 6* rank up on someone and then use it, or go for someone already nearly maxed out at 6*.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually skipped the Mega ticket because I already have 2 of them and no huge desire to use them on anyone I can. So I grabbed 4/5/6 tickets since I still have premium characters who need to be worked up.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Debating using mine on Mr Sinister since I like him, or saving it.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Is there an active alliance that's got room for one more? :)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My options for people that are already 6* and bios cannot be collection from stores or selectors
Namor, Carnage, White Fox, Anti-Man, Blue Marvel, Nova.

Same but need a 6* mega ticket before using the t2 mega rank ticket
Crescent, Wave, Sinister, Sunbirb, kid kaiju, blue dragon

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is there an active alliance that's got room for one more? :)

Check the ones listed in the OP and apply. I think we're down to 2 but I don't remember which 2.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Sent my request to Doctor Goons as Logicon.

I saw Goonlactus had some open space as well, but can only apply to one at a time

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Sent my request to Doctor Goons as Logicon.

I saw Goonlactus had some open space as well, but can only apply to one at a time

Approved you. at least a handful of us still active. feel free to daily request mats in the alliance tab.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

twistedmentat posted:

My options for people that are already 6* and bios cannot be collection from stores or selectors
Namor, Carnage, White Fox, Anti-Man, Blue Marvel, Nova.

Same but need a 6* mega ticket before using the t2 mega rank ticket
Crescent, Wave, Sinister, Sunbirb, kid kaiju, blue dragon

You need to be 6* with any character before using a T2 Mega.

I’d prioritize using a T2 Mega on characters that either cost :10bux: (ultimates, bio or X-gene subs) or those that cost a ton of crystals.

Of the Ultimates, they’re all fine at this point, but are definitely outclassed by newer characters.

Namor with costume is very useful in PvE (WBU, Squad Battle, ABX) and Sentinel with costume is killer in PvP, but you’ve got to commit to leveling it up - those are the characters who got my last two Mega T2s, because they cost actual money.

Carnage, Crescent, Sinister, Sunbirb and Kaiju are also subscription characters, but you get max usefulness from Crescent at 6* (her leadership), Carnage and Kaiju are old, and Sunbirb is only useful if you’re gonna like level him up to 70 and use the other Warriors of the Sky. Haven’t messed with Sinister, but I don’t see very many people talk about him, either.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I have 2 mega 6* rank up tickets so using it one of the lower level characters seem like the better value, so then Wave?

Namor seems like the best person, but i feel like i'd be wasting the ticket becuase he's literally like 40 xgenes from being maxed out gear wise and i could use the dozen or so t2 tickets i have laying around on. Ditto with carnage.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

blue.eyed.ash posted:

You need to be 6* with any character before using a T2 Mega.

You’re thinking of a regular T2 ticket. The whole point of the mega is you can skip right to T2 regardless of any of their attributes. I recently used a mega T2 on a one star Nick Fury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wave actually just takes crystals to rank up so I wouldn't use a mega ticket on her. Its like 750 crystals to start up her quest again. That's not cheap but I think its cheaper than the cost of true premium characters. Same with Blue Dragon or any of the ones you can buy in the store for crystals.

I'd probably go one of Crescent, Sunbird, or Sinister but I don't know which is better. Crescent is T3 capable but I just got Sinister to 6* and he seems like he might actually be real good. His 5 is just like a giant ball of death and his 4 is a kill beam. I never even got a chance to try the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also, Mr Sinister is the most glam of all villains.

I shelled out for the epic track in the mission so I'll be getting another mega 6 rank up ticket soon, so I don't mind burning one to get someone to be able to use the t2 mega rank.

And i hate the epic quests. I keep failing because it will be "do 2 pvp battles" and I'll run my daily, do 2 more quests, and then ooops, need to run 2 more pvps, and now i have to wait for tomorrow. It took me 5 goes to get moon spider to t2, and i said never again.