Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

quote:

2. Agents will receive a penalty if they exit while selecting a hero on the Danger Room hero selection screen.
- A penalty will not be applied if an Agent leaves the Danger Room during a battle.

loving A.

Also Epic Quest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Doesn't look too bad. Looks like I'll have to sub to get Phyla-Veil, but if i wait long enough i can get Dick Rider easy enough. I would have the crystals to unlock his path if i had no spent all my crystals getting Mystique.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Back playing fully again, love me some marvel cosmic. I haven't run danger room or shadowlands in months. Glad I had 10k energy banked because I had to do a ton of dimension missions to get the 20 whatsits for a quest step.

I got Dick Nova since I didn't get Prof X before he expired. Disappointed he's not just a costume for Kid Nova but I understand that would piss people off. Chaos norns are going to be my limiting factor this time out since I've been working on T2ing out my roster. Got down to 4 (Whiplash, purple sock head, bearded russkie and one of spidey's elementals) before these new chars hit.

On the win 10 timelines now and T3 Thanos is getting it done, though I'm out of entries now.

I got more CCF whipping through five level 5 cull obsidians than I have in the last two weeks of pushing teens and twenties on the others, hurrah for RNG. Thor, Black Widow, and Iron Man are now ready for T3 but I imagine I have to save the mats for Star Lord to finish the epic and get Gladiator.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Doesn't look too bad. Looks like I'll have to sub to get Phyla-Veil, but if i wait long enough i can get Dick Rider easy enough. I would have the crystals to unlock his path if i had no spent all my crystals getting Mystique.

It looks like Phyla is an ally shifter in some of the Epic Quest missions, so she's basically Clea. You don't need a sub for her but its probably gonna take forever to get her ranked up without tickets.

I saved like a million bio selectors and looks Darkhawk is the only one they work on. Ah well. T2 Darkhawk incoming.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea not gonna wait for that to happen.

I'm dissapointed that neather new costume improves either Star Lord or Castle very much. I was hoping at least Cosmic Ghost Rider might bring up the Punisher by a tier.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
What is the best Combat T3? I have 3 blast (Sharog,Cyclops and Jean Grey), 2 universal (Thor and Capt Marvel) and 1 speed (Deadpool). I have Cap and Wolvie ready to T3 and Carnage if he gets a T3 from the movie :D Should I run with one of those? Finish Apoc and T3 him? I just figure I should round out the roster a bit more.

Also, how the hell do I keep Sharog alive in content like GBR? Her shield doesn't seem to last long enough and I get caught. Custom gear with a bubble or heal? Actually l2p? Gimme your Sharog tips.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wasn't really following things and didn't know T3 Quill was at the end of the Epic Quest, that was a nice little surprise.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

MonkeyBot posted:

What is the best Combat T3? I have 3 blast (Sharog,Cyclops and Jean Grey), 2 universal (Thor and Capt Marvel) and 1 speed (Deadpool). I have Cap and Wolvie ready to T3 and Carnage if he gets a T3 from the movie :D Should I run with one of those? Finish Apoc and T3 him? I just figure I should round out the roster a bit more.

I'd do Cap since you have him ready, if you have a modern costume for him. Namor is probably the best currently. Apoc is great and I don't regret T3ing him but he costs a ton. If you like him go for it. Mr Fantastic does ridiculous damage with his t3 ability but is squishy. Crescent is supposedly good. Black Panther not so much.I

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Mr. F, Cap, and Wolverine. I'd put Mr. F first. Ton of damage. You gotta beef up his defense/recovery a bit and nail the timing and dodge a bit, but if you can get him to his T3 skill and hit it flush it will crush. Wolverine probably second. Basically the opposite. Tons of healing and tough to kill, a little soft so you gotta beef up his attack and give him some strong leadership/ally buff. But both work. Cap is good and all but has basically fallen back to a secondary option for me. He's the guy I bring along with someone else in WBU just incase the A option gets killed and I need a B to finish off the boss. Still the cheapest option and good for the lower levels of WBU so not a bad choice if you're thinking that way. No familiar with Apocalypse, Namor, and Crescent at T3.

I have Crescent ready to go. Strange will have enough mats in a day or two. Apoc, Widow, and Bucky are all on the table with Starlord but gonna try to hold out for Thanos. But I might give in and grab Crescent. I'm tempted.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ugh, I forgot about Research Missions and how much of a slog they are. I'm short of Norn Stones of Chaos and am getting slowed down. Also not fun burning a bunch of Blast Books to fuel the Milano, but ah well.

My next T3 options:

Apocalypse is ready save for CCF. I don't have his uniform, though.
Namor is the same.
Black Widow just needs CCF - I've got her new black uni, too.
Thanos needs U-Books and CCF.

Dr. Strange, Professor X, and Magneto were all ready to go until I had to burn the B-Books. I guess the same will be said for Star-Lord when I finally finish the quest.

Down the line are Scarlet Witch (Lvl 66), Wolverine (66), Iron Man (66), Ant-Man (62), Spider-Man (62), Bucky (62).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Ugh, I forgot about Research Missions and how much of a slog they are. I'm short of Norn Stones of Chaos and am getting slowed down. Also not fun burning a bunch of Blast Books to fuel the Milano, but ah well.

My next T3 options:

Apocalypse is ready save for CCF. I don't have his uniform, though.
Namor is the same.
Black Widow just needs CCF - I've got her new black uni, too.
Thanos needs U-Books and CCF.

Dr. Strange, Professor X, and Magneto were all ready to go until I had to burn the B-Books. I guess the same will be said for Star-Lord when I finally finish the quest.

Down the line are Scarlet Witch (Lvl 66), Wolverine (66), Iron Man (66), Ant-Man (62), Spider-Man (62), Bucky (62).

black widow imo. apocalypse is only good with his uni, without it hes legit bad

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fyi the epic requires 640 ccf too near the end. I got through everything to the silver surfer missions but it took about 7k of the energy I'd saved up by not playing for months and I'm out of every major t2 and t3 resource now.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
The worst part of the Epic Missions ate those searches where you run 10 Dimension missions for 2 points towards a 50 point goal. I've burned through my energy reserves and it's going to take days to finish. Fuckin retarded.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bad word.

Personally I don't mind that an Epic Quest takes me awhile. That's what makes it "Epic."

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah that part made me mad but I also reached 100% in 2 days so I think I知 the problem.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd honestly be a little let down if I did that. Like I'm at 56% and that already feels a bit fast as I've only really been delayed on that Nova helmet/Dimension one and some Timeline ones.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I don't mind it taking a bit but "run 250 dimension missions" just irritates me as a progression mechqnic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get that. It was a bit annoying to me too despite the fact that I happened to have a ton of energy on hand and got it done in one day. But at the same time I don't know how you make an Epic Quest long without a few missions like that. And its probably preferable to something like Timeline quests where you can only do so many in a day regardless of your energy.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah this is the problem with the game as a whole: the gameplay is just not rich at all so there's no good way to balance new players and seasoned players outside of PvP. You either have to grind through to eternity or you already have everything at your disposal and the game is just a collection and you tear through everything new in a few hours.

I guess that's really commentary on these style of games at a grander scale and not just MFF.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but I think MFF does as good a job balancing that as any game I've played. Because yeah, I'm at a place where stuff like gold and norn stones that used to be a grind for me now are nothing, but I can still give myself a challenge in the PvP modes or Shadowland/WBU. Its not perfect but I definitely think they try and make it a game that can be played at different levels.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I would love a way to trade in the mundane stuff that is just a clicker game for me to check off (like daily challenges) so I had the time to invest in harder gameplay. I stopped trying to climb WBU because some of the levels just either weren't fun, or I just don't have the time that day to put into something that may offer no reward.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like the new changes they made with the board and some of those old epic quest missions. Like it finally made me realize there's no point in me doing daily missions that get me nothing but some phoenix feathers that I'll just have to sell anyway when I cap out every few days or gear up kits that I have a million of. So I've taken out a lot of those from my daily board and I can refocus my time and energy on stuff that either gets me something or is more fun to me.

That was always an option before of course, but being able to edit the board makes it a little easier to implement for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OMG, I知 out of clear tickets.

I have no idea how that happened. Must have been all those Epic Quest Dimension Missions.

Am I gonna have to actually play tomorrow?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea how that happened. Must have been all those Epic Quest Dimension Missions.

Yikes. I got such a crap drop rate on the current one that I had to put the brakes on and realize I will not be rushing through this Epic Quest. I'll get 'em when I get 'em, and I'll just keep going as normal.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, that can happen? Hmm, I have to see how many I've got left.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

STAC Goat posted:

I have over 22,000 clear tickets. I cannot even imagine a world where I run out of them.

Edit: So Phyla-Vell can really only get ally shifter and 20 a day bios? They won't even let you buy them for her?

MonkeyBot fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 4, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MonkeyBot posted:

I have over 22,000 clear tickets. I cannot even imagine a world where I run out of them.

Edit: So Phyla-Vell can really only get ally shifter and 20 a day bios? They won't even let you buy them for her?

yeah, so shes a pretty good candidate for the free monthly mega t2 ticket

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah, so shes a pretty good candidate for the free monthly mega t2 ticket

I just wanted to get the bonus mission loot for her and Gladiator but that ain't gonna happen. I have a 6* ticket and a mega T2 ticket but I'll miss the end of the bonus by 1 day since she's 4* right now. Also, 5* being the penultimate step on the Epic quest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So i grabbed the sub to get Phyla-Vel and then realized that i had a 6* mega ticket, so it was a little pointless for that. I finished off Carnage to t2 and I guess after that Crescent, but of the characters I don't have from the sub I wonder which is the best one to put any extras into; Blond Widow, Kid Kaiju, Rescue, Electro, Zemo, Aero, or Slapstick. It's probably between Widow, Zemo and Rescue. What I'll probably just do is unlock them all with a single days pull and then decide.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So i grabbed the sub to get Phyla-Vel and then realized that i had a 6* mega ticket, so it was a little pointless for that. I finished off Carnage to t2 and I guess after that Crescent, but of the characters I don't have from the sub I wonder which is the best one to put any extras into; Blond Widow, Kid Kaiju, Rescue, Electro, Zemo, Aero, or Slapstick. It's probably between Widow, Zemo and Rescue. What I'll probably just do is unlock them all with a single days pull and then decide.

Pick your personal favorite of that crowd especially if you won't get them to T2 soon. Power wise I saw a youtube video where the dude claimed blond widow was as good as T3 redhead if you get her uniform and give her the works. So she's probably the best, especially if you are still building your roster. I used Electro a bunch when he came out. He's really good even at T2 60 so he's a good choice if you need a villain. Rescue and Kid Kaiju are bad and/or power crept because they are so old. I haven't used the other three. I'm debating using my mega T2 on Zemo because my sub only has 2 more weeks and he's still at 4x15 after finishing a couple of other chars, but I'm not sure he's worth it.

Looks like T3 surfer in the next patch. I may have to save for him. I assume he'll cost the works so I'll have time to wait for a review and can do Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver instead if he sucks.

I got Gladiator today but I'm out of T2 mats so he will be low level for a while. Thankfully they are doing a world boss event starting this weekend it looks like.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rescue's pretty recent. I have her at 60 and she's pretty decent. I imagine you're confusing her with Ironheart.

In general it seems safe to just assume that the more recent premium is better than past recent one. I have Rescue, Aero, and Slapstick at 60 and they're all roughly at the same level.

But yeah, whenever I get a sub I unlock everyone and usually work them to 3*. Then I've always got a stash of 4* tickets. Then they hang around until I have a bunch of 5/6s and decide to bump them up. Then I pick a Level 60 to try and get to T2. And you can probably just pick who you dig.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still have no idea how to unlock Surfer, and they're making him t3? Maybe they'll make him available through other means.

And yea, I was thinking more recent characters would be better than others, which is why those 3 I mentioned where at the top.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Oh yeah my bad. I got Rescue to T2, used her a couple times as backup to Iron Man and War Machine, then promptly forgot about her. She was pretty good at the time.

They really need to revisit the old bio sub chars though and move them out into the general population after they are so many years old or are power crept enough.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I still have no idea how to unlock Surfer, and they're making him t3? Maybe they'll make him available through other means.

And yea, I was thinking more recent characters would be better than others, which is why those 3 I mentioned where at the top.

I basically never played the Galactus boss raid after I got Surfer, are people not just destroying it now and making it easy to win and snatch his bios?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Galactus is doable with the big guns. He's tougher than Master Mold a lot and you can't just power through his attacks with a big gun so that makes it a little trickier. You really have to learn his patterns, especially those times he goes to the sides. But if you got someone who tons a ton of damage and ideally has two lives, or a second hitter, its doable. Nick Fury leadership if you got him. Maybe Wanda if you don't. Jean or Sharon doing a ton of damage. One of the big ally boosters if you can spare the spot. Its tough but doable.

And if you're lucky you you'll just draw someone who can carry the fight for you. Or find someone in your alliance/friend list. Every once and awhile an a newer alliance member invites me and/or one of the other big vets into GBR to clear it for them and get the Surfer bios.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is that how you do it? Every time I bother I get nothing for the effort.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. I mean you need big bruisers and it always helps to have other good players on your team. But the real trick is learning how to dodge his attacks. Galactus is basically like Thanos. He's got a bunch of really hard to avoid attacks that kill you dead. You have to die a bunch of times learning the pattern and then figure out where to step and when. Especially with those times he jumps to the side of screen. There's a timing for avoiding them by going to either side of the screen but you have to nail it or at least throw up ignore targeting at the right time.

But if you're going in and just doing no damage then you probably have to beef up your people. Urus, isos, gear. I have my top tier with CTPs and fully awakened iso sets and awakened and amplified urus and as many of those mega urus as I have. Plus big leadership and ally buffs. Galactus takes big guns and if you're not killing bars quickly you probably won't win in time even if you don't die.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

id say unlock blonde widow, drop a mega t2 on her, use her bios on her costume. since the others all have no costume or a lovely costume and also afaik shes the only good one on the list

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I'm tempted to buy the Surfer uniform but I'm gonna wait to see what the reviews are. I've been saving for Nova but he's not going anywhere. I'm tempted to buy another uniform, most likely for one of my T3s. That's Starlord, Jean, Wanda, Reed, Quicksilver, Thor, Magneto, Cyclops, Crescent, Cap, and Luna. Probably not Wanda because I expect a new costume to come for the show. Sounds like Starlord isn't a huge improvement? Cyclops seems like a big upgrade but not one that elevates him to the next level. Luna might jump her to the top level. Same with Quicksilver and Reed. Jean would be making one of my biggest guns bigger. No idea about Thor, Magneto, Crescent, and Cap.

Or I just keep saving for Nova/Gladiator which is what I should do. Costume sales will always come around. Must have self control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. I mean you need big bruisers and it always helps to have other good players on your team. But the real trick is learning how to dodge his attacks. Galactus is basically like Thanos. He's got a bunch of really hard to avoid attacks that kill you dead. You have to die a bunch of times learning the pattern and then figure out where to step and when. Especially with those times he jumps to the side of screen. There's a timing for avoiding them by going to either side of the screen but you have to nail it or at least throw up ignore targeting at the right time.

its actually pretty easy, he does a thing with his hands when hes about to do something spicy. like he holds his hands out and goes graaaargh, so you can just switch to another character and run around. other than his graaaargh phases he never does purple attacks and never ccs you so you can just hammer out your rotation. if there are one or two sharon rogereses in the fight he might never even get to do a purple attack

STAC Goat posted:

Sounds like Starlord isn't a huge improvement?

nah its a huge improvement. he gets a big damage accumulation effect on his 5th skill