Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I decided to stop doing WBU at the highest level I could, and went back to do it at level 1. And I've gotten 2-3 rewards a day since I started doing this. Why do i keep trying to increase my level on there? It's not fun, and it doesn't reward any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've changed my WBU strategy to doing whatever highest level my Raid and Conquest levels are up to par. And then if I hit a wall I do 1s. There's not much advantage to doing the higher level ones. Maybe a little extra stuff and better bonus boxes. But like whatever you enjoy. I like the challenge because it keeps this a game and not just some chore I'm doing for some reason.

But they reset the First Clear awards so right now I'm going back and collecting them at every 5-10-15-etc level I did before.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Steve: Thanks! That helped a lot! ....I know everyone was concerned.

I totally go down to the lowest level (1, 10, 20, whichever) on WBU. According to the rewards, there's no difference between 1 and 9, or 10 and 19.

I know I sound like God's original whiner, but I am happy when they up the difficulty in places like Shadowland. I hadn't realized how complacent I was getting about my Tier-3 guys. "Phoenix Five? No problem! ....uh oh"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I like the constant little changes and difficulties the game adds because it breaks me out of my complacency. Do I love Danger Room or Giant Boss Raid or Squad Battle? No, absolutely not. But if they weren't in there I'd probably have quit this game a long time ago out of boredom of just doing the same things over and over every day.

Which reminds me, I have to give the new story a shot. My alliance speaks well of it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I tried the new shadowlands levels for the first time last night. 30-31 I dont even remember what they were so nothing exciting there. 32 was spidey sense, it took me a few tries with 62 Spidey 2099 with the good uniform, and T3 spiderman with his infinity war costume (arachknight died fast as my third best spider). It was close so I'll have to get a new spidey uniform or keep leveling 2099 to 70. Iceman stopped me overnight. I couldn't make a dent with 60 torch or any of my fire guys before getting slaughtered. I resigned myself to spending a while getting him to 70.

Then tonight an hour before reset I remembered I was saving most of the heavy hitters (Deadpool was used but not most of my other T3s). T3 Scarlet Witch killed iceman in 3 seconds. Thanks for recommending her, STAC. Phoenix force at 34 was surprising. My Jean and Cyke couldn't make a dent, and neither could Luna as a ringer. Then I tried my bare bones T3 Namor and he slaughtered them. I dont know why he did so much damage where the others didn't. All T3, jean has CTP energy and urus but Cyke was mostly ungeared as well. Anyway Daredevil died fast enough to my standard Luna team and that's where I'll call it for the week, got the new first time clear rewards.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Weird my T3 Jean crushed that stage.

I just sort of brute forced them all with T3s instead of worrying about the nerfs/buffs.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
My T-3's, in the words of Gandhi, couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm trying to get back into this and have no idea what I'm doing. i stopped playing like before world bosses were a thing i think? or they had just been introduced? either way i couldn't do them. (though it seems i can do okay on normal now) and i cant seem to get too far in shadowlands either, like floor 5.

any particular stuff i should focus on, or any easy way to grind gold and progression stuff so I can get my marble hebrons all shiny and into shape for things? i did finish the story mode

also what are the best spiders

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Starting out in this game and actually having to grind and choose characters and all that jazz feels like centuries ago and I can hardly remember anything.

The one thing I do remember was that as I was starting to bet into World Bosses it was critical for me to have Anti-Venom as a striker for all the health he drops.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

I'm trying to get back into this and have no idea what I'm doing. i stopped playing like before world bosses were a thing i think? or they had just been introduced? either way i couldn't do them. (though it seems i can do okay on normal now) and i cant seem to get too far in shadowlands either, like floor 5.

any particular stuff i should focus on, or any easy way to grind gold and progression stuff so I can get my marble hebrons all shiny and into shape for things? i did finish the story mode

also what are the best spiders

Your early goal will be to be able to clear shadowlands 15 as that's the last level for "easy" weekly bios. I'd also pick an Epic Quest to start working on. Deadpool is probably the most useful followed by maybe Beta Ray Bill and Dr. Strange.

You may have started too late but if you can do everything in the event quest tab at the bottom since it started a few days ago through the end in ~10 days you'd get a mega T2 ticket which is great at helping you get competitive chars once you get one to 6*. You can still get regular rank up tickets if you start now.

I'd be lost starting fresh today, it was confusing enough 3 years ago. Coming back after a break that long is almost as rough. Good luck.

Best spiders require you maxing them out and buying costumes but its probably Spidey, Spider-man 2099, Venom with his Anti-venom costume as a world boss striker who will throw healing goop everywhere for you to pick up, and I guess probably Arach-Knight. Doc Ock if he counts, if you get his costume and get all the way up to his awakened potential skill but that requires a ton of endgame mats. Spider-man should be easy to level and can get you cheese wins in timeline if your opponents don't wear immunity to web gear or use the top meta T3s who can basically ignore and one shot him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T3 Spidey is probably the best bet. I think he's one of those cheaper early characters to rank up and you can get his bios from selectors, the Dimension Mission support shop, and probably some Story Mission mechanic but I still haven't checked that out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

STAC Goat posted:

T3 Spidey is probably the best bet. I think he's one of those cheaper early characters to rank up and you can get his bios from selectors, the Dimension Mission support shop, and probably some Story Mission mechanic but I still haven't checked that out.

Spidey i had like riiiight up there and ready to go as a T2 already so he'll probably be my first T3.

anyone else ive got at T2 that i should focus on? venom and doc ock are both in progress at 5 stars each but not T2 yet, im also open to just going all-in on anyone that is a Must Have instead of feeding my spider obsession

i know sharon's really good

(and a lot of these costumes are old as hell and im going to replace when i can)

edit: also applied to join one of the goon guilds and i cant remember which one. ign is kelpplankton though so lemme in

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 11, 2020

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'd probably push to T3 Sharon first. Having one T3 isn't going to dramatically change your approach to World Boss or Shadowlands though, as the t2 should get a clear in the same places. Agreed with what was said before that your biggest focus is basically beating Shadowlands 15 every week to get all the bios selectors, epic quest, and do you have any of the black order?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Dave posted:

I'd probably push to T3 Sharon first. Having one T3 isn't going to dramatically change your approach to World Boss or Shadowlands though, as the t2 should get a clear in the same places. Agreed with what was said before that your biggest focus is basically beating Shadowlands 15 every week to get all the bios selectors, epic quest, and do you have any of the black order?

Don't have any of the Black Order yet and I'm barely beating lv5 of Shadowlands currently. So I think I need to work on building up more of my roster so I've got more characters to work with?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah getting to shadowlands 15 is probably your main goal with a side goal of dimension mission bios and black order bios.

Dimension missions are still new to me and honestly I have no idea how a new player should tackle it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

If you like tier lists here is one that is only behind the Hulk patch. There are icons saying what they are good for (pve, pvp, leader, support). You can set it for T2 only since you don't have much in T3 mats yet. If you have mega tickets or money and patience it's worth grabbing the bio sub for Luna Show for instance.

I wouldn't bother upgrading any black order but Thanos unless you have to, they've been power crept on and you'll need the materials for better chars. For world boss chars, Scarlet Witch Quicksilver and Cable are still great though, even without the uniforms that make them overpowered. Apoc too but he's more luxury once you can get his uniform and T3.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Hello I just applied to Doctor Goons As Budget Dracula.

Also is there a particular strategy to beat MODOK in Story 6-1? You can’t over level it to cheese through but I haven’t figured out what combo of abilities will beat him yet.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Budget Dracula posted:

Hello I just applied to Doctor Goons As Budget Dracula.

Also is there a particular strategy to beat MODOK in Story 6-1? You can’t over level it to cheese through but I haven’t figured out what combo of abilities will beat him yet.

Got you.

I remember MODOK being the pain in the rear end one where it's mandatory to make a run for it when he shoots his pink crap. The rest is a damage check. Widow is probably your best bet, since she's speed and that has an advantage against MODOK's blast. If she dies, move on to Iron Man, but try to keep her alive.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think that's the MODOK when you have to run to dodge his tracking blasts, but then you have to double back and lead those blasts back to MODOK, which will stun him for a while because he just accidentally mind blasted himself thanks to you.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's been a while since i played it, but i want to say he gets a shield and becomes invulnerable and spawns some pink energy orbs that will chase you, and you have to guide them back to him to pop his shield

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's tricky but its all about turning his orbs back on his shield. Nothing else will break it.

I'd agree with T3ing Sharon but I'd also point out that Cap, Iron Man, and Black Widow are all cheap T3s like Spidey. Cap is the best of them I think (although I'm seeing a lot of Widow in Timeline kicking my rear end) but at your level I think any of them would probably help a bit.

All the epic mission guys are great too. Deadpool, Reed, Bill, Wolverine, and Strange. But obviously they take time. I'd focus on one and not divide your resources. Deadpool probably but its tough to go wrong.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Make sure you don't buy any uniforms yet, there's apparently a sale coming with T3 Odin and some new costumes next week.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Black Widow's new costume has really made her a force to be reckoned with.

But yes. Never buy uniforms when they are not on sale.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have her costume but haven't noticed her being a killer. But it seems the T3 bump really does it because the other week she was absolutely wrecking my poo poo in Timeline.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Steve Vader posted:

Black Widow's new costume has really made her a force to be reckoned with.

But yes. Never buy uniforms when they are not on sale.

Is the movie the newer one or the ~future~

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The movie one. The future one's ok and gives her a bump if you don't have a better one though. But the movie one + T3 seems to bump her up to top tier or just below.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I have her costume but haven't noticed her being a killer. But it seems the T3 bump really does it because the other week she was absolutely wrecking my poo poo in Timeline.

yes, her t3 is huge. shes s-tier in pve and pvp

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

theres two movie ones btw. black one is better for pve, white one is better for pvp

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

guess i did it wrong before and managed to not actually apply somehow lol, applied to Doctor Goons if I can be let into that

Also any recommendations for like starting off in timeline battle to get some reasonable progress? or is this going to be just me losing constantly until I get more lv70s/T3s?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

guess i did it wrong before and managed to not actually apply somehow lol, applied to Doctor Goons if I can be let into that

Also any recommendations for like starting off in timeline battle to get some reasonable progress? or is this going to be just me losing constantly until I get more lv70s/T3s?

Got it.

From the looks of it, Sharon is your best character at the moment. So, one thing you can do is keep in mind is that her 3 skill is a good counter. It absorbs damage then throws it back. Also, using her 5 then immediately hitting 4 when she lowers her spear results in big damage.

Other than that, just focusing on World Boss and Epic Quests first is a big help to building pvp characters. Everyone you have build up at the moment is much better at pve than pvp.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

coupon codes for some free stuff

MFFENERGY
MFFBOOST
MFFHEROCHEST
MFFVIBRANIUM

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sweet thanks. 128 Squirrel Girl bios and 50 BAM.

Although now I'm short on Titan Component Packs for the first time ever. Preventing me from T3ing my current options - Namor, Widow, Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine... With options to save for Thanos or Strange or Apocalypse. Still need unis for Apoc and Namor to make them work.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Unless you've got a spare Rage laying around, Magneto sucks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's good for multi target/fast strike games like Squad Battle or muli enemy rumblers in Shadowland or stuff like that but yeah, he's one of the worst options.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Widow, Magneto or Xavier, I can T3 now. Don't have enough combat books for Namor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Xavier's probably the strongest but Widow is a killer in Timeline if you have her movie costume.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have a movie costume. Not the white Timeline one though.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Yes kiting his orb back into him finally got me past it! Thanks gentle goons!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Any goon alliances have open spots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons has plenty of openings