Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I awakened Beta Ray Bill's 6 skill and I'd say he's safely a Top Tier guy for me now and might be right up there with Deadpool and Wanda. And I haven't even gotten his gear up to 25 yet or all URUed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I used the mega t2 ticket I had on Namor. Then I realized in a few days I'll have a mega 6* so i could have used it on Yelena. Oh well, next month.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus Christ I got all 700 tokens and forgot to buy the ticket.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Jesus Christ I got all 700 tokens and forgot to buy the ticket.

That was me last month.

Okay, Namor was not a bad choice at all. I finally unlocked Squad Battle and he won the whole thing for me.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 25, 2020

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Got Angela to rank 1. Doubt it lasts long. Helps she's a forgotten underpowered character from years ago with no tier 3 or new stuff. It was stupid how I did it, adding odin's blessings to every slot whether they were useful for her or not. Took almost every one I had that wasn't already on someone. Maxing out uru amplification was much easier than I thought with the automatic button for it. I'd already had her uniforms at mythic for some dumb reason, skills were maxed, etc. Just with that I made #2, so I made the decision to go for #1.

Next was getting her related uniforms to mythic which took a few weeks and blew out all my banked uniform xp chips and uniform rank up tickets (I'd been sitting on a full set since my first shadowlands clear years ago). The final uniform, one of Mockingbird's, is still at legendary until I get more xp chips, days of dimension missions, or a ticket. I was only ~200 points under the leader. I rerolled costume options as much as I could but didn't get too far with that. Finally I rerolled her CTP (authority) a few times and went out to check despite what I thought was a bad roll and was #1 by 200 points over. So just rerolling the CTP got me 400 points. Took my screenshots and we'll see how long til the former holder notices. Room for improvement: Mockingbird's uniform, rerolling costume options and rerolling the CTP until it maxes. Maybe putting in better red ISO-8s too. But I'm done, just wanted to try it once.

next morning edit: sure enough I'm back to rank 2.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 27, 2020

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Do I still need to max our Sharon rogera

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

John Romero posted:

Do I still need to max our Sharon rogera

She's all around great for how relatively easy she is to get and how useful she is even at t2 without a costume. I never use her now, I'm bad at playing her, but she was my go to for like the first year I played, able to beat all the normal world bosses and some of the toughest fights in shadowlands.

If you have the resources to get a bunch of solid chars like Beta Ray Bill, Luna Snow, Cable, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Thanos, Namor, etc you can skip her, but if not she can be helpful in getting those for you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's still one of my Top 5. She does take a little more finesse and less button mashing than some but there's only a handful who get the job done better and most of them are way harder to get and she'll help you get them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Her T3 ult will wreck.

So do I need to spend real money to get sexy Cable?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 30, 2020

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
So, binge-watching A.G.E.N.T.S. of Shield, and I finally know who the heck Lincoln Campbell is. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath for his Tier 3 buff.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Getting there…

e: there’s no faster way to grind out uniform XP than AutoPlaying Dimension Missions, is there?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's exp tickets. I think you get them in Dimension Missions and can get them from the lab. I never seek them out but I almost always have enough if I want to jump a uniform all the way to Mythic when I buy it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

Getting there…

e: there’s no faster way to grind out uniform XP than AutoPlaying Dimension Missions, is there?

That's all I found. The veteran level to get uniform xp while using clear is way beyond me, and I'd consider myself a whale.

You get some xp chips from higher shadowlands too but not many each week.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Yet another guy giving this ago again.
Applied to Doctor Goons as Freakazip

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

elvie posted:

Yet another guy giving this ago again.
Applied to Doctor Goons as Freakazip

Accepted! (sorry for the wait, I haven't been checking the thread like I should)

Doctor Goons has 15 openings right now. Our shop is maxed out and we are decently active in Alliance Conquest. We could use a few more goons to get that Tier 3 check in chest.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

they're redoing the Potential Awakened skill stuff and all those characters are going to be getting rebalanced (basically buffed to near-T3) and the Awakened ability nerfed to balance that out

but dont spend resources on getting those characters geared up to 25 and etc yet. they're going to be selling tokens that are 1 gold each that'll basically let you upgrade the gear for free on those specific characters and get them fully awakened, to make up for the changes

so might be a good idea to get those characters to T2 if you havent yet. the tokens will come with the update and should be available through the end of the month

it seems like a good change and letting us upgrade for basically free is a nice way to handle the changes

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think you still have to level them to 70 and do the initial awakening though. Then you'll need to level up the awakening skill itself and that's what will be for free. I think. Plus getting gear from 20 to 25.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I remember right when I awakened the two original characters it cost a poo poo ton because you had to use awakening resources for each skill level. Then when I did Beta Ray recently it was one big cost but then just gold. So I'm not totally sure what's changed. Maybe they're just giving up on Squad Battle and the things you need from there?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a weird version of Kamala in the splash screen.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Popped in all confident I was going to buy Iceman’s costume aaaannnnddd not on sale.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So getting Awakened characters gear from 20-25 is essentially free, but leveling the Awakened skill to 6 is not. But then Transcend Potential once you get to 6 is free for now too.

I skipped the Inhuman unis for now to unlock Mystique and try to get her awakened while the awakening is good. Also got BRB at 68 and hoping to get enough BAM to get him past that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Popped in all confident I was going to buy Iceman’s costume aaaannnnddd not on sale.

Yea sane with adult Ms Marvel. I don't even see how to get it.

And I will shell out to get xgenes for Dazzler though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They seem to be moving to two updates a month so I'm assume Ms Marvel and Iceman will be released in the later one. I don't know why we can look but not touch though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't have Iceman but I do want Adult Kamala. I did gab the Black Bolt and Medusa unis though. Maybe they'll make them useful?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gave up on saving for Abomination and grabbed Mystique. I "surpassed potential" or whatever the phrase is with Beta Ray Bill, Shadow Shell(?), and White Wolf(?). Worked Doc Ock up and I should have enough of the red things to Awaken his skill after this round of Squad Battle. Used 2 of my 3 saved Mega T3s on Mystique and the fire guy. Figure I'll work them, Blue Dragon, Amadeus, Crimson, Red Skull, and anyone I'm forgetting while this freeish gear thing is in play. Weird Medusa still costs the same amount but I guess its just to catch us up on the old ones.

Bill was already a beast without this new step so I'm curious to see how good he is now. Like he was definitely in my Top 10 with just the Awakened Skill so now he might be top tier. Also curious to see if it makes Shell, Wolf, and Ock genuinely valuable.

I've got enough crystals for a costume but there's so many I'm behind on. I might grab Immortal Hulk's to bump him up and give me a top tier combat villain.

I reached the top level of Squad Battle this week. 3 fo the categories are Human Universal Villain, Human Speed Villain, and Human Universal Hero. So I figure Doc Ock might help me there and I'm gonna work up Doom and Ghost Panther, I guess. Its not a terribly exciting game mode but its pretty easy and still a challenge and gives me an excuse to work up different characters to fit the requirements.

And I T3ed Doctor Strange because I figured him + Woke Ock was a more fun use of my resources than spending them all on Surfer/Thanos/Apoc.

Still gonna wait for Bio Subs. Its Dazzler, Kitty, and Namor for X Genes and Thane and Yelena for bios. I try to wait until there's 4 or 5 so I can get teh most bang for my buck. So one or 2 more mutants at least.

Lots of busy from this update.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

oh hell yes, black bolt's uniform gives him a channel skill. i love it when I can just set it and forget it to clear a shadowlands stage

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I've been saving up T3 materials for a while for Wanda and was wondering if I should instead T3 other characters instead. Right now, I have Dr. Strange (Infinity war costume), Sharon Rogers (most recent costume), and Black Widow (solo movie costume) eligible. Should I keep saving for Wanda or T3 any of these other characters instead?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wanda's the biggest damage doer if like you want to clear World Bosses in 10 seconds.

Sharon is also a huge damage dealer and her 6 skill is more powerful than anything else, but you also need to dance the rotation till you get there while with Wanda you can just button mash.

Widow is a killer in Timeline and like routinely takes down Jean, Thanos, and Surfer all on her own for me.

I dunno about Strange. I just T3ed him. He's supposed to be strong but less than Jean, Wanda, and Sharon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to t3 either Xavier or Mystique next. I just got widow to 70.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

How big of an upgrade is Captain Marvel's End Game uni from her Movie uni? I've got a CTP of Rage and I'm thinking about throwing it on her because she's t3, but I don't have her End Game uni.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its enough to matter. I don't think she's a top tier character with it but if you have a need it definitely gives her a bump to like the tier just below that.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I just started playing again so my characters are all a little behind. I could put it on Luna, but she's not t3 and I only have her first uni. I don't have Namor, and I'm not really sure who else is worth putting Rage on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
So they took things out of the store before the event was over?

What an incredible, galaxy brain decision

I think I might be fully done with this dumb game

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
What do you mean? Checked Reddit where there's usually a pitchfork-wielding mob when something happens but I couldn't see anything.

If you're looking at the Iceman and Kamala unis, they haven't been released yet; nobody really knows why they're even visible in the store because it's just confusing and frustrating people.

E: Oh, right, what they said - using the same event store interface for two separate events where the tokens looked kinda similar. It is a dumb game.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 15, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

So they took things out of the store before the event was over?

What an incredible, galaxy brain decision

I think I might be fully done with this dumb game

do you mean the holiday costume store? that was from the last update and was strictly for whales

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there were two overlapping event stores both using different green tokens. It was a little odd. The Holiday one with the Enchantress one you had to spend like $30 to get and the Inhumans vs X-Men one with nothing very good. That one still has a day or two on it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Welp guess I'm just a dummy then, the icons confused me. I hadn't played in a good while so I had no idea

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It was dumb to use such similar tokens.

Looks like next week we'll get a patch that adds iceman and Kamala's outfits to the store.

EDIT: I didn't know what day it was and they came out tomorrow.

I blew all my crystals on Iceman, but I bought the costume before finishing his gear so if i had not, I could have had him at t2.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 25, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

T3 MOHAWK STORM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina