Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Be sure to actually buy your mega-ticket today, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea remembered to grab it so I t2'd White Widow.

Hopefully I have enough time left on my Xgene sub to get Dazzler to a point where i can use a T2 ticket on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I drat near forgot. Luckily I have insomnia.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Apparently MFF was trending because the new Storm icon looks like a tan Charlize Theron.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Mohawk was too tempting. T3ed her and bought the costume. T3ed Black Panther with remaining CCF in hopes net marble sees a surge with activity related to him and maybe net marble does something cool in memorial like an unmasked outfit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh the real reason I posted: does Mystique ever go on sale? I think it’s time.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
All the crystal characters should be on sale for Black Friday - 30% discount I think.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I guess time is not construct with this game.

Is Weapon Hex still valuable as a WBU striker? I know she got big when they made some changes but then reverted some. Was wondering if the mega t2 was worth burning on her or not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ripley posted:

All the crystal characters should be on sale for Black Friday - 30% discount I think.

I just got T2 iceman with the sale, the only one I'm missing is Sabertooth, is he worth getting?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's not top tier, but he's ok. He's probably my go to Combat villain but:
a) I don't have Immortal Hulk.
b) I don't have Apocalypse T3ed.
c) I don't have Abomination.
d) I don't have Sabertooth's costume. That's supposed to make him better.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I haven't been really playing this for a good long while, but logging in daily as I have breakfast has nonetheless been one of my morning routines.

I haven't really been paying attention, it's more like a reflex than anything else. Which means that I'm not quite sure how I managed to do this:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

So I haven't been really playing this for a good long while, but logging in daily as I have breakfast has nonetheless been one of my morning routines.

I haven't really been paying attention, it's more like a reflex than anything else. Which means that I'm not quite sure how I managed to do this:

Nice. I thought I did pretty good with 10k, which I mostly blew through speeding up the Guardians of the Galaxy epic quest. Those low drop rate collection quests...

Hints are out for the next update, looks like Mephisto and a bunch of costumes maybe? Judging by a character list someone posted based on the log in clue.

The Dave posted:

I guess time is not construct with this game.

Is Weapon Hex still valuable as a WBU striker? I know she got big when they made some changes but then reverted some. Was wondering if the mega t2 was worth burning on her or not.

I've lost track of what to do with strikers since they nerfed the All Defense Down stuff, but I think Weapon Hex is still solid even on her own. Depends who else you need but I think she's worth a mega T2 especially now that they are giving out 1 a month if you don't mind skipping the icon or spending $.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Hints are out for the next update, looks like Mephisto and a bunch of costumes maybe? Judging by a character list someone posted based on the log in clue.
Sounds like the Damnation storyline.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_(comics)

Potential new characters: Mephisto, Scarlet Spider, Man-Thing
Potential costumes/bumps: Doc Strange, Blade, Doctor Voodoo, Moon Knight, Elsa Bloodstone, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist

It sounds like Ghost Rider was a big part of it with a bunch of characters (Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon, Hawkeye, and Jane Foster's Thor) turning into Ghost Riders. So maybe a T3/awakened Ghost Rider?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reminder, the old Awakened Characters are basically free to work their gear up until the next update.

Beta Ray Bill in particular is a top tier guy Awakened/Transcended.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I got Ock, Mystique, and BRB ready with that help. Need more Mandalay for Cho. Starting up Red Guardian. Doubt I'll get enough BAM to get much further. Not bothering with the Nazi.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I got BRB, Ock and SunBird done, and decided to do Red Guardian next. I sunk pretty much all my remaining resources into him only to find out that I can't finish him without a T2 Blond Widow. I wish I would have seen that beforehand, I would have dumped that stuff on Cho instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I managed to get all of them worked up but I basically made it my priority this month over anyone else. Cleared out my BAM and Chaos Stone reserves and was working on no gold a few days, but got it done. Figured take advantage.

I only have half of them Trascended. Need those other resources. And need Blonde Widow but I'm gonna grab her through the Legendary Battle next when I save up enough crystals.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Cho needs T2 Wave. BRB needs 6* Odin. It's annoying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The key right now is just to work up the gear. The Awakening costs won't change, but the gear costs will. So get them to 70/25 if you can and then get the rest later.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I got everyone but Sunbird, Red Skull and Red Guardian to 4x25 at least. Forgot about that last one. Thanks for the reminder, i didn't think that was going away. I just thought it was a catchup since many of those are worse than the newer choices and they seem to be steadily releasing them now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

After you Awaken then get the Awakened Skill to Level 6, there is the final Transcend Potential thing that is also currently free until the update. Not sure what the regular cost of that part will be.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, true. That one's new to the last update so I don't know what the cost will be. The gear I assume will definitely go back to normal like Medusa is.

I guess it would be answered by Transcending Medusa but I don't have the resources to do that.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just can't get enough BAM to make much more progress.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

200 Mandalay Gem Fragments, 500k Gold, 100 Awakening Crystals per reddit. My Medusa is only 78, and I'm running on daily BAM and chaos norns since I've worked on so many lately, so I can't check myself yet.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
lol I burned a MRUT and mega-T2 on Spider-Man 2099 to try and squeak by that Spider-Sense-only SL level and he can’t even remove a visible sliver of health during the entire round. :waycool:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Lazyhound posted:

lol I burned a MRUT and mega-T2 on Spider-Man 2099 to try and squeak by that Spider-Sense-only SL level and he can’t even remove a visible sliver of health during the entire round. :waycool:

His uniform ups his game significantly. But I still found I needed my Far From Home Spider-Man to get past that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its hard to hold back on those new levels. I tend to just give in and use my T3s.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

My T3 IW Spiderman is totally useless on that level, even. I just brute force it with Sharon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do T3 IW Spidey with T2 Spiderverse Miles and one of the other Spider people. That usually gets the job done. The more webbing and distractions helps give Spidey enough time to get the job done. I've tried just using Spidey with a strong leader and ally buff and it doesn't work.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I do T3 IW Spidey with T2 Spiderverse Miles and one of the other Spider people. That usually gets the job done. The more webbing and distractions helps give Spidey enough time to get the job done. I've tried just using Spidey with a strong leader and ally buff and it doesn't work.

Same though the other spider person I use is 2099 with uniform. He's only 62 though. I play spidey, focus on his 4 to keep them webbed and usually beat it with seconds to spare.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I t3'd Professor X, now to work on Black Widow.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got Strange, Storm, Wolverine, Namor, Xavier, Magneto ready to T3 now. I'll probably pull the trigger on Strange if the uniform kicks it up a notch... although I'm excited about Moon Knight getting worked up with the new update.

What are the situations where an ISO8 Set Bonus that is NOT Angry Hulk, Overdrive or Hawks Eye is useful?

I have Blessing of Asgard on Loki and it feels like that should work best for him, because.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I've got Strange, Storm, Wolverine, Namor, Xavier, Magneto ready to T3 now. I'll probably pull the trigger on Strange if the uniform kicks it up a notch... although I'm excited about Moon Knight getting worked up with the new update.

What are the situations where an ISO8 Set Bonus that is NOT Angry Hulk, Overdrive or Hawks Eye is useful?

I have Blessing of Asgard on Loki and it feels like that should work best for him, because.

pretty much never. maybe destroyer with an HP or def one, to make him more tanky for AQ?

yeah the ISO-8 sets are basically all just there to make you waste your time and gold until you can roll one of the 3 attack sets.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Drastic Density Enhancement was recommended for a few chars but that was years ago. I think I still have it on Apocalypse but it might predate the uniform that made him usable. These days DDE is probably just "ok to sit here for now if you are broke and the char could use some survivability" alongside I Am Groot which I had on Sharon for a while following a pre-T3 recommendation. All the rest are terrible.

I'm in a stubborn phase for T3s. I bumped Iron Man last month so I have the original trio at T3 since I did Black Widow earlier this summer. I'm pretty sure I'll bump Thor next in a couple hundred ccf. My meta queue is backed up with Odin, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver, and Hulk ready. Wolverine and Magneto are also good to go. Storm and Winter Soldier need levels and gear. I don't have Prof X, and the rest are forgettable like Ant Man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I basically just roll until I get something that improves that characters attacks and that's about it.

Gold isn't really an issue for me, i have like 600 million.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I roll until I get one of the attack ones, but like I did my whole roster across several of the discount roll times so now I only ever have to roll for 1 or 2 at a time. So the gold cost is never that bad.

I spend most of my gold combining Urus. Now that we get them in Dimension Missions that poo poo adds up quick. I was just working up Ghost Panther for a Squad Battle requirement and I ended up spending like 12 million before I stopped myself.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Can someone tell me why Dormammu needs pockets and a liefeld pouch

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It's to hold all of his magic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And snacks. You always need snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they actually managed to make Danger Room even more annoying.