Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Pheonix Wolverine is a good WBU killer and you can buff his healing so he can just power through their attacks. He's also good for squad battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m experimenting with him on my Timeline team as a counter to Spidey. I don’t hate it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I went ahead and grabbed the Wolverine uni since the sale is ending. I can always hold off on T3ing him until we get previews. I know he's good with his artifact but I haven't had any luck with those at all beyond the eternals missions.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Looks like we are getting classic Drax and maybe a new Thanos? Adam Warlock update maybe?

Really wanting Goblin and Doc Ock though.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Is there any value to transcending Colossus for PVP? The stat changes don't seem like it'd do anything but have him die in two hits from Doom instead of one.

Related question: would a T3 Hela as lead provide a better buff to a PVP team than Colossus? Seems like the relative dip vs Doom, Molecule Man, etc. would be more than offset by +65% vs everyone else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A lot of people use Colossus as a support buff but I feel like I beat them 9 out of 10 times.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I don't think it's worth transcending Colossus unless you really like PvP. I don't think he'd get you any extra wins unless you end up against the opponent's last character and they happen to be Daredevil or a Spider-Man that's already hurt.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
His 6 skill is very capable of taking down top tier Spider-Man. I just did it to the top 2 in vibranium multiple times.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Wow. Danger Room is leaving, they are ending the beta and folding the rewards into other game modes. Also uwb infinity Ultron.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

YAY!

Its weird finding out that the thing you hate was a common opinion and that the people in charge listened and did something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They did that survey not to long ago and everyone probably said "Danger Room sucks".

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Would it suck if it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to get it started, though? It's functionally just a WBU race.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've yet to figure out the math for how to really do any damage or get my people strong enough to do so. So yeah, I'd say it still sucks. Starting it up can be a pain but that's nothing compared to spending 3 minutes just wailing away and dying hoping someone mercifully ends it.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

My favorite DRX memory was some rando calling me and another player "diamond trash" for not using our characters in whatever he thought was the right way. He was talking poo poo like that the entire time, to an extent that I have no idea how he even managed to play. He rage quit after I kited a tornado over to him.

Anyways, danger room can rest in piss.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every once and awhile you land a team with someone who has a plan and tells you who to pick. And I’m game. I’m happy to follow. You do your thing. But it’s always hilarious when people try and like yell and convey complicated poo poo.

Maybe I sucked at Danger Room. It certainly felt like I did. I tried to figure it out but half the time it’s a blur and half the time it’s a plodding hell. You can try and grab an effective leader or support if you think someone else has a strong player but then they just leave the team and you start over. It’s exhausting and impossible to “play” in any fun way learning to get good way.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I remember I had some guy in Vibranium have a meltdown over me picking Moonstone as a lead instead of buffing his Moonstone. The less game modes that make me interact with the player base, the better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd just pick whomever had either shoot missiles or the boss heal ability. i always found those two the most effective.

Also for all the pain you go through, the rewards were GARBAGE.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'm glad I watched Cynicalex play against Ultron to learn his phases, because I don't think it's all that much tougher than the other WBL's after learning his phases. I just unlocked him so I've only been able to play stage 1 in training mode, but I managed to almost solo him with Human Torch on my first try and I haven't really played with Human Torch in a while. His last phase is really annoying and I'm not looking forward to attempting it at higher stages, but maybe I'll feel different after I've learned the fight better.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

My phone died today out of nowhere. Have a new one. MFF won't open. It just hangs on the loading screen. Sad.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Samsung s21 ultra? I had the same problem problem for a while. Had to keep checking for phone updates.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Pixel 6. It eventually started working when I got on my home internet. Go figure.

Edit: Yay, Knull unlocked. I have every character and I don't have to fight Knull ever again.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 7, 2022

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally got a CTP (Regen) to pop up as an option for Cosmic Cube but there's no chance that I get enough points to get it before the event ends.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anals of History posted:

Finally got a CTP (Regen) to pop up as an option for Cosmic Cube but there's no chance that I get enough points to get it before the event ends.

How's your energy? I got some extra CCF last time by spamming dimension missions long after the rewards dried up but I usually have 3k energy in reserve unless I'm in a new epic quest.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Oof that sucks. Worst I've had that happen with is t3 mats.

Also can't believe they're releasing Echo as a paywall with no t3 or transcendence.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bagrada posted:

How's your energy? I got some extra CCF last time by spamming dimension missions long after the rewards dried up but I usually have 3k energy in reserve unless I'm in a new epic quest.

Good call. I had maybe ~1k banked between inbox, dispatch, friends, etc. It might've been enough if I didn't keep rolling 1's. Now I'll know to start saving/building up energy whenever possible. This is one of the few features where you might actually be inclined to throw a couple of bucks at it to progress but it's not really an option.

A surfing dog?! posted:

Also can't believe they're releasing Echo as a paywall with no t3 or transcendence.

I'm wondering if there might be more. Their latest trick with updates seems to be leading off with the least appealing news to lower expectations, then to surprise the crowd with something that's a little bit better.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Anals of History posted:

I'm wondering if there might be more. Their latest trick with updates seems to be leading off with the least appealing news to lower expectations, then to surprise the crowd with something that's a little bit better.

Yeah I'm hoping because there's still time left in the ultron event, there's going to be another update in a week or two.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 15, 2022

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Man, I don't think I'm going to be able to beat Ultron until I upgrade my phone.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just did and I can't beat him.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I just did and I can't beat him.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Figured maybe the reason behind some of these insta-kills would become more obvious with a little more RAM.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
If you can't see, set the graphics settings up one from the lowest. Ultron's attacks are invisible and unavoidable on the lowest setting.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I play on the lowest and you can still see all of the optimization mode attacks. It's actually easier for me to dodge the energy from another dimension phase on those settings because it shows the paths the energy takes and where I need to be pretty clearly.

My biggest issue with Ultron is when he uses his blue/red stone attacks during his normal phase, you can't get any attacks in before he gets a free optimization phase. Most of them aren't so bad when you get the pattern down, but the yellow one with the ring you're supposed to be in gets me sometimes even though I swear I'm in the safe zone. I've also gotten body blocked by his robot body running away from Ultron's attacks a few times.

I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty comfortable playing against Ultron up to stage 9, but there's definitely some times where it feels like you unfairly get screwed into getting one shot. I don't feel like it's worth pushing too hard against Ultron though since the rewards seem so similar to Knull/Mephisto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still haven't even taken the time to figure out how to beat Mephisto and Knull. I know the basic idea behind Mephisto but haven't figured out the combo or anything. I still haven't the clue of Knull.

I know I should just watch some Youtube videos to find out. Every time I start I just lose interest and play some other game mode.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i noped out of knull and mephisto when they first came out and never bothered trying them again until the last event incentivized it. turns out i had 5 teams capable of clearing wbl :shrug:

one shots are still annoying as gently caress though and i hate restarting

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
New to the game, I've applied to Doctor Goons as Dongoloid.

I've got Sharon Rodgers as recommended, who else should I be using my first few character selectors on?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i noped out of knull and mephisto when they first came out and never bothered trying them again until the last event incentivized it. turns out i had 5 teams capable of clearing wbl :shrug:

one shots are still annoying as gently caress though and i hate restarting

I keep running out of time.

Its all about the cards, if your cards are bad, then high tier stuff is out of reach. Which is dumb because cards are really annoying to deal with.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've got 4 teams that can do knull (moonstone, torch, cable, rogue) and another 3-4 that should be able to but i cant get them to do enough damage (beta ray, adam warlock, supergiant for instance). I can only kill mephisto with moonstone. She doesnt even need a support buff (I've swapped to Spidey to run the runes since long before he became meta), she just shreds him, but everyone else I've tried doesnt make a dent. I havent tried Ultron yet.

The game is obtuse to me, even with moonstone I'm not sure why sometimes I clear mephistos first blind health bar with one round of skills and other times it takes 2-3. I killed him enough to unlock him as a character so I dont care much beyond that. I just like collecting cool looking characters I guess.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Banana posted:

New to the game, I've applied to Doctor Goons as Dongoloid.

I've got Sharon Rodgers as recommended, who else should I be using my first few character selectors on?

This guide looks relatively up to date and has help elsewhere with rotations despite it's fishy looking url: https://21000dollor.com/beginners

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got 5 teams that can clear Mephisto fairly easily (Carol, Luna, Moonstone being the trickiest due to the need to switch characters because Luna is too slow), and I only recently decided to see if my F4 team was strong enough to squeak out Knull, which it barely was. I burned one WB per week for 10 days to unlock him and will never do Knull again if I don't have to.

I have tried Ultron a few times but I can't get the rhythm down and am not entirely clear on why I'm getting killed. He's another guy I will do once to get the icon and then never again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

I keep running out of time.

Its all about the cards, if your cards are bad, then high tier stuff is out of reach. Which is dumb because cards are really annoying to deal with.

Yeah, I don't think I have bad cards but I don't know if I have good ones and I the truth is I have no idea and its just too ever changing and complicated for me to bring myself to care to figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It's funny how different players see things, my F4 team supporting Human Torch annihilates Knull but can't get anywhere on Mephisto. I haven't tried in a while though so maybe I'll give it a shot tonight as he's up as the daily bonus.

My Knull teams are Moonstone with Dr Strange lead with Spidey there for moral support & rune running on Mephisto; Human Torch with Mr F lead and Thing support; Cable with Mystique as lead and Cyclops as support (that should be flipped, I wonder when I screwed that up); and Rogue with Elsa Bloodstone lead and Valkyrie support. I can also do it with Sharon with Star Lord lead and White Fox support but I'm bad at playing her and usually just do someone else instead of a 5th Knull. I find Knull pretty easy now, I just have to force myself to have patience to get through the black goo phase in part 1, the purple homing rings in part 2, and a trick I got from youtube to run to the north of him when he calls in his dragon in part 3. (it makes the dragon shoot off screen where you can move back down and ignore it, otherwise you have to swap characters to stop his aiming, or sacrifice someone to get through it).

I just blew all my mats stupidly. I thought I had Makkari at 4x25 so I T3'd Wolverine and started maxing Doom's gear until I ran out of TCP. Then the next day I awakened Makkari but her gear was still at 20. Gonna be a while before I get those sorted.