Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

GBR can be such a long grind too. Both the fight itself and how long it takes to get a T4. Took me two months of daily kills, but I bought the daily boost pack for the last few weeks and had boost from the alliance store for a week before that. The 200 boost upped my daily saltines from like 20 to 120, it's dumb. They need to add more sources of t4 mats, preferably a solo method, and halve Dormammu's health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Ah I just bought the Magneto skin, and it hurts me that the Magik skin is locked being a serious paywall. Why couldn't it of been the other way around?

Magneto is pretty solid, he's just not Black Bolt level busted and he's kinda squishy. He's apparently amazing for ABX/ABL but I don't really care enough about those game modes to buy him for them.

Which goon alliance is still going? I'll drop the alliance I'm in now and join up to do a couple of Dormamu carries a day. If I can finish crafting pierce on one of my cards, I should be able to start carrying with Strange too. I've seen some strong Thenas, but something about her rotation just doesn't click with me or I'd use her too.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Doctor Goons is still going! Our dear leader has a few T4s and is really good about carrying people in Dormmamu.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Alright, I'll end up leaving my alliance after a few more days of alliance conquest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should i T3 Magneto or Shuri? I have both of their latest costumes. I was figuring Shuri would eventually get her Black Panther costume but i don't think thats happening any time soon.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Shuri with her newest uni is almost as good as Ms Marvel is dps-wise for me, and she's still a great support. If you buy Magneto's full cost winter uni, you really have to at least push him to level 80 for him to fulfill that Blast Villain role, and I think he needs a Rage if you want him to demolish ABX/ABL. He's definitely overall stronger than Shuri if you push him to 80.

You could always gamble on a Black Panther 2 pt2 like No Way Home had months later, but even at level 70 Shuri is pretty great. She's not terrible for ABL on speed days either because her animations don't lock her in place long and some of her skills move her around and out of the way of harm. She's also proc friendly and the cheaper option. Magneto is proc friendly, but if you don't use a Rage you'll need to run around for a few seconds doing nothing in your rotation. Both are pretty useful for a decent chunk of WBL, but I think Shuri has more stages she qualifies for too.

In the end I usually favor the support characters like Shuri just because Magneto will eventually be replaced and Shuri will always be a useful support, even when her damage starts to fall off.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 26, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
lol, a rage CTP? I haven't got a useful CTP in over a year. This stupid games RNG is just the worst. I have like a dozen fortunes sitting around.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dark Phoenix Jean is fun to play, but she's the new league leader in I CANT SEE poo poo. If you're playing something like GBR alongside someone using Jean, you're just going on timing and muscle memory because all of the arrows and warning indicators and whatnot are just buried under a field of continuous hellfire

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Jean just melts my phone. I'm imagining some hell GBR run where I get stuck with 2 Jeans on my team and my phone self destructs. I think I have a harder time seeing stuff with Namor though since his water covers up everything too.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I applied to Doctor Goons as ApplesauceBoss

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Here is the Discord info for the Marvel Future Fight Goons channel:

1) Invite link: Discord: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

2) On the left side channel list scroll down to "specifically bad games"

3) Select futurefight-omega-jorts-for-muties

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I logged in on a whim for the first time in a couple of years and the game is throwing limited-time biometric/x-gene/6*/titan record selectors at me, what are the current hot picks?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Lazyhound posted:

I logged in on a whim for the first time in a couple of years and the game is throwing limited-time biometric/x-gene/6*/titan record selectors at me, what are the current hot picks?

They need their current uniforms but Iron Man, Venom, Capt America, Namor, Jean, Hulk, and Kamala are the current hot poo poo I think.

Namor, Polaris, and maybe Gambit are decent X-gene pics. Valkerie, Fury, Luna, Electro, and Ikaris are alright for normal selectors.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Between the mutants, I'd say Namor if you have a Judgment is pretty good, but Polaris is also a great choice just because she's a mutant support/lead and won't get overshadowed anytime soon for those roles. Valkyrie is one of the best supports and she's decent enough as a damage dealer. Luna Snow has a high chance of getting an upgrade this year, and I think there might be some MCU content for Nick Fury to get an upgrade? I'm not really keeping up with it much anymore. You could gamble on M'Baku getting transcended in a potential Black Panther pt2 update but eh.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got Polaris to T2 with just tickets, but I'm debating if i want to spend 15bux to get x selectors to get her to t3.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If she's already t2, you shouldn't need more of her bios.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

If she's already t2, you shouldn't need more of her bios.

Oh dang, you're right, guess I'll put her in my t3 que then.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just picked this up again after years and am starting fresh, is there any particular starter chars I should/shouldn't grab?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

This looks like it's up to date. https://thanosvibs.money/beginners/1

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ah that's perfect, ty

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dormammu GBR is the new Danger Room. Takes way too much time, creates way too much frustration between shithead teammates (not y'all, obviously) and disconnections, all for too little gain of otherwise obviously paywalled materials. It's such a dumb thing to get mad about but it sort of sucks to have to do this if you want to keep up or advance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. I can't even be bothered. I just won't T4 anyone until they change up the process to make it easier or I experience some sort of huge jump in skill.

My only annoyance is its made it really hard to win in Timeline. So like when I get "Win 10 times" as a Heroic Quest challenge it takes me 2-3 days to get them and I have to do it manually. But then again what difference does it make if I fail a Heroic Quest challenge?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I got to the point where I can carry on Dormammu on either T4 Black Bolt or T3 Ms Marvel on speed day, and Thena holds her own if I get someone else who can at least do a bit of damage. The only time I bail is when someone with a terrible team is host and keeps rejecting the third person even if they look reasonable. Or if the other two players intentionally suicide the first chance they get, which I've seen a few lazy T4 iron mans do.

The only trouble I have is when the script breaks, which happens about once a week. Getting back-to-back danger zones in the end run, or the purple balls fly around randomly instead of following the line. Not sure if that's the host lagging or what but its gotten me killed a few times when I don't catch it fast enough. Even when the fight is easy though its so boring and tedious. I wonder how many people are just whaling out to T4 almost every release to have the devs keep the grind as the only other option.

Debating who to do next but I have time as it takes about 2-3 months to get enough stuff even with full boost. By then there will be 5 more options. I think I'm just gonna do Iron Man because he's my weakest 80, or Cap America. Both will come back eventually in the long run even if they are out of the movies for now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they make dispatch missions easier or did power creep finally outpace their difficulty? I've been able to get though a bunch with zero effort with a level 80 thor, MoM Wanda and Dark Pheonix Jean.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Level 80 makes a huge difference for sure. I cruised through to the end with 80 Thor a few months ago, then just went back with T4 Black Bolt and some more 80s and cleaned up a lot of the completion I was missing. Haven't tried the new set of missions yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I finished most of them a couple of weeks ago with Thor, Black Bolt, and Dark Phoenix. Most of the ones I have left are the ones that require like one specific character or costume I don’t have.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I finally have enough souls to get T4 Jean, but I'm holding off until the update in case of a very small chance that Spidey is better.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If anyone is still struggling to start beating Knull, I would still try beating him on Ultimate difficulty in the new Event. It's easier than Stage 1 I think.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

For anyone lapsed but still interested, the anniversary event is spinning up. I think you get a T3 selector to start but it only has a few basic avenger choices, and today's gift was a gold reward.

I got Jean to T4 and am still dutifully doing my daily world bosses and giant boss raid but may call it a day after the anniversary ends depending on how the releases look. Leaks show the obvious Guardians of the Galaxy 3 event coming up, but other than that I'm curious as to their plans. I won't doomsay but things have been slow lately and T3 and T4 mats are still tediously slow to accumulate without spending money.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don’t find T3 mats that hard to get nowadays. I feel like I need self control on T3 or Ascending someone on a weekly basis. I’ve finally beat Gor, Ultron, and Phoenix so I’m working on Gor after working up Mephisto and the Symbiote god guy. I was saving crystals to get Warlock but lost self control and bought a bunch of costumes. I’ll regret that if there’s a Guardians 3 special on him or something but we’ll see.

I still can’t get T4s but I honestly don’t care. It only really affects me in Timeline and that only really affects me on the Heroic Quests. Otherwise the game remains a suitable middle ground between fun way to kill some time and only mildly annoying daily tasks when I’m not feeling it. I’m glad like everything has an autorun option now so I’m free to be as lazy as I want to be.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sometimes I try to figure out why I'm still playing.

Auto Play is great so I don't actually have to play the game to get the crap I only want so I can make enough characters strong enough to make it so I don't have to play World Boss for very long to get the other stuff I need to make enough characters strong to make it easy and quicker to climb Shadowland without having to wonder if shitstain characters like Gorgon can actually clear a level on their own.

I'm actively trying to play the game the least amount possible to still get progress... and that makes me wonder why I'm bothering at all.

I've got several Lvl 80s, no T4s and I'm not too bothered about trying to clear WBL Phoenix or GBR Dormammu to try and change that. I'm just happy that I can usually beat Ultron's rear end now before he pulls any of his stupid poo poo, but only on Level 1. I'm sorta tempted to try to push with Knull or Mephisto - I've broken level 10 with them and that starts the restrictions on who you can play. But the rewards aren't noticeably better, I'm told, so I'm fine with just bull-rushing their low level asses.

So it's kind of a chore.

But they're about to drop a bunch of Guardians of the Galaxy in the classic uniforms and I want 'em. I'm hoarding GOTG bios to make that happen.

And it would be less of a chore if I didn't have a drat inventory limit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I play it because it gives me something to do on the days I do want to play it. And on the days I don’t the auto play makes it not much of a chore. But yeah the inventory limit is the biggest chore since every few days I gotta figure out what I can combine/sell off. Can never seem to get ahead of that. Seems like they should expand the limit when they introduce new stuff to collect.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I had a lot of crystals saved up and the uniforms available at the time didn't really interest me, so I spent them expanding my inventory to 910. Although it is a total ripoff to have to spend crystals to do this very basic thing, it did improve my mood when playing the game.

Right now, I check in every day and bank up boost points until I'm over 200 at which point I carry a Dormammu GBR with my Jean / Cyclops / Ghost Panther team. Although I have the T4 materials now for another T4, I don't want to spend them until another character can get close to the bar Jean set. Anything less than a character that can carry Dormammu with a regular CTP is a waste of resources in my opinion since higher levels of World Boss Legend do not yield higher rewards.

Since I "solved" the inventory problem, this is what is currently grinding my gears:

- Multiverse Invasion takes WAY TOO LONG to complete. I'm addicted to my phone. Let me use it.
- Inventory management daily tasks
- Bored with current content / lack of new content

Sorry for the derail Arby's Drive Thru attendant, I'll pull around and pay now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

When I gave this game up it felt like a massive burden was lifted, and also my phone battery really appreciated it (only to be introduced to TikTok...).

Then I just got hooked onto SF Duel and it is so much more predatory than Future Fight ever was. Unless I'm just more aware of it now it just immediately felt like the game was pushing me to purchase multiple things, including single characters for $100! I wish these drat things weren't so cleverly addictive.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Dave posted:

When I gave this game up it felt like a massive burden was lifted, and also my phone battery really appreciated it (only to be introduced to TikTok...).

Then I just got hooked onto SF Duel and it is so much more predatory than Future Fight ever was. Unless I'm just more aware of it now it just immediately felt like the game was pushing me to purchase multiple things, including single characters for $100! I wish these drat things weren't so cleverly addictive.

ahaha I had the same experience with SF Duel. I played it for half a week longer than I would have otherwise just because of the Street Fighter jpegs

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I realized a while back that I'm a lazy, backwards gamer and that I get the most enjoyment from winding up a toy and letting it go. In that regard, I get the most enjoyment from all of the autoplay modes or instantly clearing levels than stuff like WBL and GBL. I also like collecting and levelling my dumb action figures and weirdly sort of like managing inventory, but doing it all as quickly as possible or in parallel with other things.

All that said, I'm also waiting to see what happens with the anniversary to see whether this game's going to die soon or not. My life would likely benefit from this going away, though it's been hard not to fill the void with something equally dumb (as MFF did after dropping Marvel Strike Force).

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
I don't care how strong Sharon is, that uniform is going to get people put on registries

It's like something to wear if you plan to get stuck under a couch in front of your stepdad

"I'm gonna take you to the bank...the spank bank"

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

It just looks like Sailor Moon cosplay to me

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Jai Guru Dave posted:

I don't care how strong Sharon is, that uniform is going to get people put on registries

I already take pains to make sure no one I want to respect me ever sees this game on my screen. This only intensifies the shame I feel when playing this on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The original characters in the game definitely seem… aimed at a certain demo.