Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

STATUS BOARD

is so freaking good

true hero of the patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

phosdex posted:

true hero of the patch

also i think wolverine might be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdNV8zuJPo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wolferine is so beautiful.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So I'm trying to sign up worst alliance for the next not-risk jamboree but there's no "sign up" button. This just me or anyone else having this issue?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's astounding how freeing it feels to not worry about Hot Time after all this time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

So I'm trying to sign up worst alliance for the next not-risk jamboree but there's no "sign up" button. This just me or anyone else having this issue?

Can't sign up til tomorrow good sir.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Applied to Dr Goonz as gypsyshred.

When does the clock for dailies reset?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gypsyshred posted:

8am pst

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

gypsyshred posted:

10 am CDT.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

gypsyshred posted:

17:00 GMT+2

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

half past midnight ACST

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Six bells on the forenoon watch.

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013
Anyone have a decent build guide for Sharon?

Also, since I seem to love playing her, how should my other two heroes be contributing to my gameplay? Still working through Story Mode at this point.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
The new claim all on the friends board sucks because now if you forget to collect over two days you can only collect once from each friend.

On the other hand it rocks because now you can see which of your so-called friends aren't sending you tokens everyday without needing to use a spreadsheet.

Also 75 free energy everyday instead of every two rocks.

Best update ever.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Gah, 3 rank 6 BAM to progress this quest. That'll take some time. Or just $100 on crystals I guess, but I can't afford that. Guess I'll have to start doing world bosses again.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
This SL run has been a right motherfucker for me this week. I really need a third combat character who can solo a stage besides Irony Fist/Moon King. Other than Carnage is there anyone readily available worth a drat, or is Ol' Snikt Bubs the answer and I just need to do the X-Men quest in full?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

This SL run has been a right motherfucker for me this week. I really need a third combat character who can solo a stage besides Irony Fist/Moon King. Other than Carnage is there anyone readily available worth a drat, or is Ol' Snikt Bubs the answer and I just need to do the X-Men quest in full?

flash gordon agent of VENOM

but the real answer is.... dont solo the stage??? use a team of three characters its easier

are you doin a rumble or what

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

flash gordon agent of VENOM

but the real answer is.... dont solo the stage??? use a team of three characters its easier

are you doin a rumble or what

Vernon's in the same boat as Carnage behind the forbidden paywall.

It's more I want some insurance in case I get poo poo stage rolls like I did this time around, where it's two rumbles (one's combat of course) and a combat relay. I had to burn Moon King/Irony Fist in the single digits and I'd like a third option who doesn't need much/any help.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Higher level combat rumbles are just not friendly. That being said I enjoy ripping poo poo up with Costumed Rulk.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Vernon's in the same boat as Carnage behind the forbidden paywall.

It's more I want some insurance in case I get poo poo stage rolls like I did this time around, where it's two rumbles (one's combat of course) and a combat relay. I had to burn Moon King/Irony Fist in the single digits and I'd like a third option who doesn't need much/any help.

just do the relay instead of the rumble. i do the floor 2 rumble with spock, ultron, kingpin and after that... yeah i guess iron fist or moon knight? i dont understand why youd do a combat rumble over a combat relay tho, any t2 combat with two chumps to swap to and soak up hits should be able to clear a relay.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

T2 Kamala can do some of them, I forget which one it is that I use her on.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

T2 KK can comfortably do female relays but I feel she's best used on the speed relays w energy reflect (w costume) since those have a couple chances to appear in the mid-to-high teen floors.

What combat chars do you even have left? You could do the relay with like... Shang-Chi/HB/some ringer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

just do the relay instead of the rumble. i do the floor 2 rumble with spock, ultron, kingpin and after that... yeah i guess iron fist or moon knight? i dont understand why youd do a combat rumble over a combat relay tho, any t2 combat with two chumps to swap to and soak up hits should be able to clear a relay.

The only combat rumble I do is the first one since it's mandatory, and I can clear it with T1 characters, that's not the issue. I'm saying when I draw two rumbles and a combat relay, my choices are rather limited as to who can do the relay since I haven't prioritized any combat characters other than IF and Moon King. Hence my desire to figure out who's good to pour resources into so I have more combat options.

I'm fine for this week (I think), I'm at floor 18 and barring some more lovely rolls I should be able to clear. But this week was a pain and I'd like to make it less of a pain and to do that I need some more viable combat characters.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Combat people for SL:

Solos -- note that this is mostly early relay solos, combat ones past level 15 or so get dicey.
Black Panther
White Tiger
Kamala (she's T2 now but I could easily solo relays with her at T1)
Doc Ock <- I don't have him built up at all, but people have reported he low-key became good at some point.

People that can't do it themselves but work in duos / trios:
Giant Man, Hulkbuster, Nebula (she's p. bad but can stunlock), Cho, Red hulk (note that I also have costumes on all of these people). Shang Chi.
Luke Cage and JJ both have decent leaderships -- I think the cooldown on the damage immune is per-character so use one until it runs out then switch to the next and cycle as you go.

Uniformed Sif can also pull her weight, but I have her at T2 and usually use her for a lady relay in the upper teens.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

White Tiger can solo a relay if you get her rotation right. Her 3 (I think) is a stun so if you get both in a corner she'll keep them stunlocked. I usually back her up with either Jessica Jones or Luke Cage as leader for their physical immunity leadership and another combat. I went with Blade. He works well enough. That's my team for the first floor.

Red Hulk with costume is amazing at relay's and rumbles. He can solo and between his invulnerability on 3 and his healing he'll never die.

Another team I use for rumbles is Hulk, Cho with Uniform and Giant-Man. Hulk lead and hulk & giant-man for team up bonus. With those three Cho usually survives well enough to win.

All the above are at T1 and only white tiger is 420.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Oh yeah, I use T2 sif to solo the relay that has elektra, someone I'm forgetting (white tiger?), sif, angela.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Uniformed Red Hulk and Cho Hulk are my two go to T1 combats. They can solo early relays and lead rumbles without any stress. I can also say T2 shang chi can solo most everything up to 15+. T2 She-hulk actually can too but it's harder to find something that she's a appropriate for.

I haven't really got him good enough, but I imagine Gorgon could clear a relay at T1 also. I have quite a few combat t2's, so I don't experiment as much as i should.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
White Tiger can do solo floor 1 at 17 gears. Her 5 skill stuns and you get some guard through her 3.

Black Panther can solo another combat relay before floor 10 with gears at 17. Once you have max gears and SCD, it's even easier to rotate through 5-4-3/2.

T1 Shang Chi gets me a solo clear on boss floors before 12, but it's dicey and usually requires a few of retries. I pair him with Bullseye for the ignore dodge leadership.

I usually end up saving Moon Knight and Iron Fist for something between 15-20.

The real answer is to just get Carnage and Space Dude.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

The only combat rumble I do is the first one since it's mandatory, and I can clear it with T1 characters, that's not the issue. I'm saying when I draw two rumbles and a combat relay, my choices are rather limited as to who can do the relay since I haven't prioritized any combat characters other than IF and Moon King. Hence my desire to figure out who's good to pour resources into so I have more combat options.

I'm fine for this week (I think), I'm at floor 18 and barring some more lovely rolls I should be able to clear. But this week was a pain and I'd like to make it less of a pain and to do that I need some more viable combat characters.

Good friend C Everett Coop, I am a good person. I am what they call a "nicer".

I can gift you $10-$15 for your Carnage and other chars. Would you like me to do that? I'm happy to help a goon live his best life.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I want to sync my Facebook account to this game but I'm afraid it'll spam it with great future fight content. Should I be worried?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Mad Lupine posted:

I want to sync my Facebook account to this game but I'm afraid it'll spam it with great future fight content. Should I be worried?

I made a fake facebook account just for this and it doesn't seem to ever spam it. I don't really check the account much though but there's nothing posted when I just checked.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Applied to worst alliance as Solwyn.

I'm wondering what I should use the upcoming 6* ticket on. I'm a pretty new player, the only high-rank characters I have are Sharon and Loki.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mad Lupine posted:

I linked mine to my Facebook and I haven't gotten a single message regarding the game. I think you got nothing to worry about.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zokari posted:

Applied to worst alliance as Solwyn.

I'm wondering what I should use the upcoming 6* ticket on. I'm a pretty new player, the only high-rank characters I have are Sharon and Loki.

Silk, Moon Knight, Sister Grimm, etc. I would use a Mega 6* Ticket on any char that is unfarmable.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Jumping on the "Black Panther is good and sexy and can solo combat relays" train. I usually go 5-3-4-3, and if you time it right, he's pretty much always in iframes. I've even had luck clearing the Cap'n male hero relays with him.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i have a 50% invuln obelisk on BP and he is basically impossible to kill even if he's the last one standing in a rumble

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Holy poo poo Wolverine is amazing in TL, he's just shredding everything on autoplay.

Ed: Aaand just as I posted this he got killed by a particularly strong Odin, he beat up other Odins without issue though.

Vodos fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 9, 2017

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

why does the op say to choose Sharon Rodgers? More importantly, can you play as Dr Doom?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

MechaSeinfeld posted:

why does the op say to choose Sharon Rodgers? More importantly, can you play as Dr Doom?
She is a top tier character and the strongest by a mile out of the characters you can choose at the start of the game.

No Dr. Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

well what the gently caress