Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

twistedmentat posted:

Aaaah gently caress. I always do that, buy bios and not Xgenes. Well, not like its a waste, I want ghost panther too.

Also grabbed the Moon Spider pack, and going to get the QS costume. Why not?

Interested in seeing how the QS costume works

I mean besides what they show, I mean like, in WBU and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, he's the only one of the 3 I use for anything outside of the odd villain siege because they're not T2 yet. Unlike say Galaxy of heroes, characters really arent useful for the high level stuff until they're at least t2 in most cases.

Oh that reminds me I grabbed a Emma box too, because she just minces poo poo at just level 60, even able to take down regular WB if you're careful. I want to see her at t2.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

After buying the ugly quicksilver costume, I was wondering what some other terrible costumes are available from the comics that they could force us to use for the power boost. I remember back when Star Lord had to wear that dumb space armor too

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Man, that uniform collection menu is really slick but the rewards are hilariously awful.

Mythic three mediocre uniforms and one decent one for a whole 300 phoenix feathers!!! That wouldn't even be worth it if you didn't have to rank them up!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The most useful part of Quicksilvers new uniform is his number 3 skill no longer has a delay before granting you HP and the attack buff, it gives them instantly now. This is a huge buff for WBU I think.

The Agent Venom one is also pretty slick, I picked it up because I could do with another top-tier combat character (which I think the new uniform makes him).

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

If anyone's planning on doing the Arachknight heroic quest stuff, here's a link to the first segment. https://imgur.com/gallery/0uivy5h

Pretty good idea to check it out since they do crap like "Clear two Villain Sieges" then "Clear Villain Siege on hard" some missions later.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm fine with Hex being behind the X Gene wall since I'm not going to buy one of those until there's enough there to be worth it. So now its Magik and Hex with T2ing X-23 tossed in. Probably need at least one more before I think its worth buying.

Ghost Panther joins Nadia Pym and Ghost plus finishing Valkyrie, Killmonger, and Quasar so the bio package feels "worth" buying now. I might wait for one more or enough crystals to buy Killmonger and Ghosts costumes for the Legendary Battles.

I spent the crystals on ArachKnight. Loosely skimming over that list seems like maybe you can clear the quest in 4-5 days without resets as long as I'm careful about not wasting anything. I wasn't paying enough attention to the time limit. I thought they were saying that the quests would only be available for a certain amount of time, not that you'd only have a certain amount of time to finish. But it looks doable.

I'll wait to see if any of the costumes are must buys. I'm leaning towards Venom or Medusa to try and jack them up. They're already useful characters but not great ones. I'll see how reviews go or if I should just try and save for Psylocke (or whatever the next distraction is).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Psylocke is really really good fwiw

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Black Panther (I'd get his big package though)

Oh yeah.

Also do we actually know how much the chest is going to cost at the end of the Arachknight quest?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Will we have a T2 arachknight at the end of the quest?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Heroic Quest stuff is really badly explained. I got stuck at the third task because I had done my Daily Quest earlier, so I need to wait until the reset. And I'll have to do that again when I get to task 8.

You can check the full list of tasks in-game BTW. There's a magnifying glass icon you can click.

From what I have seen there are 45 quests for Arach Knight. However I think they give 110 bios and other rewards. You have to do that within six days. Then you move onto another zone. And do 45 quests over 6 days.
You do this four times, for a total of 440 bios. Which might be enough to T2 him...if you have rank up tickets.

As for the chest, it's free crystals...if you spend real world cash.
Like if the chest is full it's 600 crystals for 3.50, I think. Which might be a good deal. But equally you can pretend it's not there and you aren't being tricked into spending money for a reward you wouldn't otherwise need.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hmm. Do I spend my Event Shop tokens on Iron Hammer or do I throw a bunch to get Medusa bios?

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

The Question IRL posted:

The Heroic Quest stuff is really badly explained. I got stuck at the third task because I had done my Daily Quest earlier, so I need to wait until the reset. And I'll have to do that again when I get to task 8.

You can check the full list of tasks in-game BTW. There's a magnifying glass icon you can click.

From what I have seen there are 45 quests for Arach Knight. However I think they give 110 bios and other rewards. You have to do that within six days. Then you move onto another zone. And do 45 quests over 6 days.
You do this four times, for a total of 440 bios. Which might be enough to T2 him...if you have rank up tickets.

As for the chest, it's free crystals...if you spend real world cash.
Like if the chest is full it's 600 crystals for 3.50, I think. Which might be a good deal. But equally you can pretend it's not there and you aren't being tricked into spending money for a reward you wouldn't otherwise need.

I'm dumb and started with Hero For Hire so I'll have to wait for Arachknight but the little explanation thing with the magnifying glass and even when on the quest itself is wrong. It says Level 14 is upgrade 10 cards, level 15 is clear 10 dimension rift stages and level 16 is upgrade 10 cards again. When you hit the Go To buttyon for level 16 it takes you to WB, the actual quest is clear WB 3 times. I assume it's clear and not participate because it has no description. Then level 19 is clear 3 WB. I sure hope 16 was supposed to be clear because I'll be irritated if I could've stood and died 3 times and completed it then continued past 19 with 3 clears.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Hmm. Do I spend my Event Shop tokens on Iron Hammer or do I throw a bunch to get Medusa bios?

I used my 225 Shadowland bios on him plus one of my 10 4* tickets and by my math if I feed him the next 225 Shadowland bios after tonight's reset and get 20 a day from the Event store I'll have JUST enough to 6*. If you want to get the bonus prizes its probably the best path there but you can just upgrade him through regular selectors so the Event store bios aren't of special value beyond that. But neither are Medusa's.

The Question IRL posted:

I did the same and am stuck at 8 now. If I'm right tomorrow I should be able to get to 19 when I'll be stuck at "3 WB clears" after doing 3 earlier. Then I think you can get all the way to 36 in one day. 36 sucks because its "participate 2 times in Alliance Battle Normal Mode" which seems like it will have to take a mandatory 2 days. That's 5 days. But I think you can do the rest in the next day. That theoretically gives one bumper day. Its tight but I think its possible without having to spend crystals to refill anything.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

navyjack posted:

Will we have a T2 arachknight at the end of the quest?

it tells you how many bios you get, from memory it was like 480? so probably gotta run it twice

edit: or i coulda read that post that says how many

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 14, 2018

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Dammit, I picked up an x-gene sub. MUST HAVE WEAPON HEX.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

At 35/45 on heroic quest, can’t imagine the day limit being an issue right now.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Oh god it's 2 WBI completion time in my Heroic quest and it's the 3 or more co-op one. I hate everyone.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

MonkeyBot posted:

Oh god it's 2 WBI completion time in my Heroic quest and it's the 3 or more co-op one. I hate everyone.

I'm at 10 timeline wins so lmao

At least I just got kicked down to gold so it won't take that long

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's what happened to me today, perfect timing.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

I just got upgraded to Vibranium. I lost 2 :(

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

That's what happened to me today, perfect timing.

I can probably get all 10 if I manually play but I really do not like Timeline that much

I just need to reroll out of anyone with a 70 Thanos because yikes that dude

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

AutoPlay on Timeline has been a wonderful gift to discover.

I've synched up my Win Timeline quests with the Deadpool quest and the Arachknight Quest right now. But they've also just restricted 2/3 of my standard Timeline team, so I've got to find a combo that can back up Wolverine. War Machine and Deadpool (recommended character) didn't work, so I'll try Gladiator Hulk and Dr. Strange.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

Steve Vader posted:

AutoPlay on Timeline has been a wonderful gift to discover.

I've synched up my Win Timeline quests with the Deadpool quest and the Arachknight Quest right now. But they've also just restricted 2/3 of my standard Timeline team, so I've got to find a combo that can back up Wolverine. War Machine and Deadpool (recommended character) didn't work, so I'll try Gladiator Hulk and Dr. Strange.

I have Deadpool at level 70 in Vibranium league and he shits all over everybody. Now consider Vibranium is currently restricting Jean, Thanos, Wolverine, Wanda and pretty much every power character.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

MonkeyBot posted:

I have Deadpool at level 70 in Vibranium league and he shits all over everybody. Now consider Vibranium is currently restricting Jean, Thanos, Wolverine, Wanda and pretty much every power character.

I've only got him at 55, so his poo poo-power isn't up to poo poo yet. Platinum is currently restricting Quicksilver, Spidey 2099 and Spider-Man - the last two are all right since it means I don't necessarily need an 'Immune to Web' guy, but Quicksilver is key.

Platinum is also recommending Colossus, who I have ALMOST ready to T2 but not quite.

Tempted to try out the new Agent Antivenom outfit in the league and see how that goes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My "Team T3" of Cap, Spidey, and Thor are handling the tough Vibranium week if I play myself but that missions gonna be a close one. I'm atukc on the 3 WB clear after 3 WBU clear right now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I keep loving up the heroic quests by little amounts. I didn't realize the New Avengers didn't have hidden routes both yesterday and today, but then I realized that it doesn't so I switched to the spidy villain special missions. But then I only had 9 left when i got to a do 10 special missions. Crap.

Anyways, should I level Scarlet Witch's gear in hopes she'll get a t3 at some point, or should i just not bother until then and focus on Spider-Man. And if books only stack to 10, you might as well just farm up 10, and then do whatever WBU you find the easiest right?

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

twistedmentat posted:

I keep loving up the heroic quests by little amounts. I didn't realize the New Avengers didn't have hidden routes both yesterday and today, but then I realized that it doesn't so I switched to the spidy villain special missions. But then I only had 9 left when i got to a do 10 special missions. Crap.

Anyways, should I level Scarlet Witch's gear in hopes she'll get a t3 at some point, or should i just not bother until then and focus on Spider-Man. And if books only stack to 10, you might as well just farm up 10, and then do whatever WBU you find the easiest right?

SW is a monster at T2, if she went to T3 I think she'd be the best character in the game by a fair bit.

Not that I'm saying it won't happen, but I see her staying at T2 for quite some time to come... Maybe the next Avengers movie but I think the skill progression of the game would have to advance a fair bit by then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's a lot of time to fill between now and Captain Marvel so most content I assume is either going to be changing existing characters or comic related content.

I figure It can't hurt to get her gear up to 25, it can only improve her.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I got to the "Win 10 Timeline fights" on the Heroic Quest. I put together a team of T3 Cap, Tier 3 Thor and level 60 IW Scarlet Witch.
On manual play I won all ten fights on my first go. The trick was to refill anyone who looked too tough. And I discovered Scarlet Witch has a bunch of buffs that make her super good against Phoenix.

That being said two important things.

1) One of the upcoming tasks is "compete in Alliance Battle twice." Which means you will have to spend two days to get that task sorted.

2) People are reporting even if you clear all 45 quests, Arach Knight says he has to spend (insert timer here) days before he can move onto the next zone.
So as long as you complete all the Heroic quests within the next 5 days, you can get all 110 Arach Knight Bios. Then move onto the next zone with him and earn another 110 Bios. And so on until you hopefully get him to Tier 2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Does the clock reset or do you just have whatever many days you have left on your original week?

I got past the Timeline one with some very selective gold spending to find the fights with teh best matchups. Which was basically avoiding T3 Spideys and Deadpools. But yeah, now I'm stuck on the Alliance Battle one after already playing for the "score 50K points" earlier today. So losing a whole day hurts but it looks like I can finish the rest in 2 days.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Anyone have an alliance spot I can apply to?

I'm very important in the MFF community and one of the greatest and richest players in the world. So having me in your alliance would be a huge coup, as far as PR is concerned.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Anyone have an alliance spot I can apply to?

I'm very important in the MFF community and one of the greatest and richest players in the world. So having me in your alliance would be a huge coup, as far as PR is concerned.

I gotchu fam

Marble Hebrons

ICR fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 16, 2018

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Weeeee, applied RoncoST

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lol wait so now that I’m done with this heroic quest I have to wait 3 days to start a new one? Awful.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

Lol wait so now that I’m done with this heroic quest I have to wait 3 days to start a new one? Awful.

no, its split into four weeks. after THAT you can start a new one

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, there's a chance I can complete the current one, I'm at win 10 arenas, and I need 2 more victories.

I keep meaning to ask, is Mind damage Energy damage?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

All mind Damage is Energy Damage. But not all Energy Damage is Mind Damage.
Just like with Lightning or Fire.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

punchymcpunch posted:

no, its split into four weeks. after THAT you can start a new one

Ok either way there's no point in rushing anything. I paid 150 crystals the one day to run a second daily mission but now I'm stuck waiting 3 days until the next week kicks off so that was basically a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

All mind Damage is Energy Damage. But not all Energy Damage is Mind Damage.
Just like with Lightning or Fire.

Ah awesome. I was adding isos to Psylock and was wondering about that.