Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Ahahahahaha 6600 crystals. Suck a bag of dicks Mobrium. In CAD that'd require the biggest crystal pack costing $139.99 for 5500 + 1750 bonus crystals leaving you with 650 leftover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
All this time waiting, hoping, hyping the possibility of X-Men in MFF and they manage to implement it in a way that just makes me want to quit. :sigh:

Super disappointed right now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vodos posted:

How much is that compared to the X-men advancement pack? That one has 6000 crystals plus a bunch of useful new mats.

X-Men Advancement Pack is $109.99 CAD. Pretty ridiculous.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Gonna give it a couple days but I'm thinking it's probably time for a break. I was pretty burnt out after finishing 6*ing the last of the roster. Was kind of counting on the X-Men patch to get me excited about the game again.

Instead the treadmill feels super blatant, paywalling the only character I cared about blows, and little stuff like being lovely about bio selectors/stockpiled BAM/Chaos Norns feels bad. With access to a billion X-Men and FF characters they really could have thrown in a couple story missions with Speedball and Strong Guy or something.

If you were having fun before the patch you're probably still having fun now. It's still probably the best mobile F2P title on the market and I don't think this patch changes that.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Push El Burrito posted:

I haven't really played this game in a while but I find it messed up Luke Cage is the person they chose to represent the Token Shop.

Yeah I just about spit my coke out when I saw that one. Reminded me of that Guardian Cross ad banner back in the day...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's astounding how freeing it feels to not worry about Hot Time after all this time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Clawtopsy posted:

also, i think i want off the treadmill that is this game so i'm taking a break. feels like there's been no new content for ages and shadowlands and world boss makes it feel like a massive chore

I'm on a break right now and highly recommend it if you're feeling like this. The X-Men patch felt really transparent about extending the grind without doing anything interesting. It's still the same really solid mobile game, but after a couple years I needed a break.

Better to take a break now and come back for an interesting patch or character release than burn out entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Logged back in on my new phone just to make sure my account was still there incase I want to play again someday. Oh cool, a free 6* selector, I'll just hop over to Reddit and see who to spend it on. Oh look, a bunch of people posting about how excited they are to call Titania "Tits". Awkward.

How did MFF end up with a creepier community than Shadowverse?