Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

VIP 9 here I come! :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It's some bullshit that that package doesn't increase your VIP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gypsyshred posted:

Applied to Dr Goonz as gypsyshred.

When does the clock for dailies reset?

8am pst

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I need 2000 Norn Stones of Chaos to keep going on the Epic quests. Pretty much the only place to get them is the world boss raid right?

My Sharon Rogers is almost maxed out at T1 and I'm still getting my rear end handed to me in the WB.

Also is there a site people use for Character builds? Reddit doesn't seem to be super helpful as the build seem to be all over the place? I'm sure someone has set up a website by now with builds right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Datasmurf posted:

I still use Nico for leveling lowbies through 10-8. Goes fast enough, and she always survives.

Is that the best place to level dudes? I've got a lot of guys in the 50-55 range that I want to take to 60 but drat it goes slow as poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scoss posted:

Should I use the occasional biometrics selectors I get from rewards to get more Bios for upgrading Sharon's gear, or start putting it towards other characters like helping 5* Silk get closer to 6*? I don't have any T2 people but I also don't have a 6* speeder yet.

IMO I'd say yes because she is a beast.

Silk is pretty good too but I'm glad I spent everything I had to finish up Sharon.

Edit: Ok what he said but Sharon is pretty awesome!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hot time for story and specials. That's how I leveled my guys.

Bad opinion time but I did this: I buy tons of lvl 5 xp chips. I had all the xmen at 60 the moment I acquired them. It's 1550 Lvl 5 XP chips on the dot to take somebody 1-60 when they're in Best Condition. 1549 chips if we want to be exact. I tested it exactly.

Edit: by buy chips, I mean in the Item Shop attached to the Lab.

Oh maybe I'll do that then. That isn't the worst way to do it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm on a tangent here but just some perspective on how I approach this game:

There's a lot to this game, for a phone game. I have a lot I know I need to do. I need to acquire chars, level them all to 60, be strong enough to do WB, be strong enough to do SL25, T2 my favorite and best chars, get gold, get dimension shards, acquire bios to 420 my guys and that's maybe half of what I need to do, when I'm a new or returning character.

I approach this like anything I do, which is all fun because everything I do is super fun!

I have to break this apart and put a lot to the wayside and pretend it doesn't exist. I have to do the stuff I really want to do before I take on the next task.

For me, I break things down into what I really want to do over a set period of time. If I really want to level my characters, I take a few and I run them through auto play story for a majority of time. That means I am passing over WB, Dimension Rifts, alliance battles and sadly, other portions of the game because I am set on accomplishing leveling. If I reach a point where I'm completely out of energy or need a slight break, maybe I do some WB. But if I miss it, I won't worry about it. That's just not my focus.

It's about prioritizing and just getting what you want done. If I try to do too much, I'll admit, it will burn me out.

It's no different for me in Marvel Heroes why I level one character at a time. Why I cosmic one character at a time. If I personally did more than that, it would feel like I'm jogging in molasses.

Odd tangent, but some perspective on how I approach what I should be doing and what can wait. Eventually, everything gets/got done but I always felt like I was making major progress even when the struggle was real.

That all makes perfect sense.

I feel like I'm at the point where I really need to focus on stuff or I'm going to spread my self too thin and really not get any movement forward.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Woohoo! I finally cleared the first floor of SL lol

I'm so drat close to beating the WB but my damage just isnt quite there. Now that I have 2 teir 2 advance tickets I'm seriously thinking of using one for Rogers.

I'm only Rank 59 do the things you get 60-70 really help quite a bit?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I ordered a controller to play this dumb phone game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Use a T2 Ticket on FLoki Y/N?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah drat it!

OK Yeah I'll save it for the Xmens.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna T2 Magneto I guess.

What ISO set are people running on him?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I wound up with Overdrive on my 3rd batch, so I kept it. But any of POAH, Overdrive, Hawk's Eye is worth keeping. Hawks less so since his cooldowns are very low to begin with. I'd also keep Drastic Density if I rolled it.

Magnetman really shits out a ton of damage as long as he keeps his guard hit skill up. I thought about a healing set but settled on gently caress it more damage.

Tom Gorman posted:

I wound up with Overdrive on my 3rd batch, so I kept it. But any of POAH, Overdrive, Hawk's Eye is worth keeping. Hawks less so since his cooldowns are very low to begin with. I'd also keep Drastic Density if I rolled it.

Magnetman really shits out a ton of damage as long as he keeps his guard hit skill up. I thought about a healing set but settled on gently caress it more damage.

Ok cool thanks! I'll start rolling on them and see what I come up with.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is MagnetMan worth a Mega Mastery or do I get enough of the new mastery thingys that I'm better served hoarding it? I've got two and can kinda fake a third.

I blew one on him. I couldn't be assed to do the math and it was just sitting there anyway sooo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

T2 Magnet Man is so worth it. He's underwhelming at T1. Soooo much damage at T2 though, it's crazy.

Yeah I just T2d him this morning. I can't wait to play with him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I feel like not having the Uru gear unlocked just yet I'm right on the edge of being able to do a lot of poo poo with my dudes. Like I can beat the World Boss 1 time a day and I've finally fully cleared the alliance battle. I can almost clear the WB a second time but my damage just isn't quite there yet.

Do the Uru's make your dudes really all that much better or is it just me needing to get good?

Oh yeah and playing with a controller is weird. Movement is so much better but the way the buttons are laid out can make it a little confusing. I'll have to play with it a bit and see if I can get it down.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 17, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I haven't used them once.

Ok so it's just a get good thing then. Got it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I need 2000 norn stones of chaos and like really the only way to get them is the world boss? That's going to take me forever at 10 a day... am I missing something here?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm just not quite at the point where I can clear the WB twice per day. I guess I just need to get my dudes higher up.

Someone mentioned Warwolf and Daisy? My WW is almost 20/20/20 should I work on Daisy?

Also it looks like Coulson puts in some work for WB is that the case?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

Basically with the addition of World Boss Ultimate you can now grind out almost enough T2 materials to T2 someone new every week without using a ticket, if you're dedicated on grinding and have enough 420 dudes lying around.

Yeah I don't quite have enough of those dudes laying around.

Before I quit I got a bunch of guys to 60 but didn't do much with their gear.

Oh yeah is there a guide for the WB? Like which Character can solo which boss etc? I've had good luck so far with Lady Loki, Sharon, and magnet man being able to solo a boss here and there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So is it just me or does this game seem to lock up a lot.

I'm running an iPhone 7+ and like 75% of the time if I lock my phone then try and come back to the game later its frozen and I have to force close the game and reload it. Sometimes that doesn't even help and I get stuck at the splash screen.

Does this happen to anyone else?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's a memory leak and every couple of months (sometimes sooner), I have to uninstall/reinstall to stop the leak.

I actually have to do it now as it's happened to me often as of about a week ago.

When you do this just MAKE drat SURE that you have linked your account via Game Center or Facebook or whatever you use.

Ah ok. I'll just reinstall it when I get home. I haven't even had it installed that long....

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I decided to whale it out and bought the anniversary pack for the stones I needed to keep going on the Epic quest.

It actually gave me almost enough to keep going on both Epic quests so that was nice.

Edit: I just looked at the list and I have everything else completed so its just a matter of a few days before I'll finish the quest all together.

:homebrew:

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 21, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Check out my Wolverine obo, pity he is 5*

I almost ate it so many times, since nearly everyone wants a damage proc.

Remember guys, hoarding always works; I also hoarded 6 T2 tickets so I don't have to worry about feather/crystal mats at all T2'ing X-Men

Can someone explain these loving things to me? Like I get one that seems cool at 2*s but if I level the fucker up to 3*s its all out of whack. Is it just random all the way to the top? I don't feel like I've managed to get a single good one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thank you so much for this. It really helps. I'll start going through my obo's and see what I've got going on. What you wrote is very very helpful though I really appreciate it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What is ITGB?

Also what the hell is the deal with the Rank 6 Black Anti Matter? Do I really need to spend like 80 million gold (yes I know its not that much) upgrading my Rank 1 stuff up?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So Thanos really demonstrates how much you need ITGB on your dudes. He stuns the poo poo out of everyone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So Carnage is a solid T2 choice right? I just finished him today and honestly he doesn't seem all that great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cinara posted:

Carnage is terrible at T1 and amazing at T2.

Well alright T2 it is.

Since he's done who would be the best target from the monthly bio selector? The Agent Venom? Carnage is the only one I have ATM.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cinara posted:

I don't have him but he's the best Combat Hero now which is important for ABX. After him I'd say Kid Kaiju as he's very good for Speed ABX. Enchantress is very very powerful and doesn't even need T2, but there's a million good blast heroes.

OK cool thanks I'll start working on him next.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

:10bux: only tier list:

T2 Carnage
T2 Space Venom
T1 or T2 Enchant
T2 KK
T2 Hyperion, Ironheart
T1 Space Venom
T1 KK, Hyperion, Ironheart
T1 Carnage

Basically, Carnage T2 is the top priority since he's bad at T1. He's the only one that really absolutely needs T2 to be good. T1 Enchant can comfortably clear just about any SL floor she's usable on, and her T2 helps but isn't really necessary. KK gets a slight edge on the leftovers just because he's good on speed ABX days.

I'd recommend having 2-3 mega-6 tickets in the bank before getting the bio sub. Then you can unlock and 6* Carny and Enchant instantly and use about half of the month to get Carny to 420. This doesn't give you enough time to really max anyone else out but that's how NM likes to make money.

Cool thanks for the help guys. I'll work on Venom next and I do have some mega tickets floating around so I'll use those.

Oh yeah another question! So the WB that I beat give Bios so I can unlock them eventually and I see they are native T2's can you use the Mega Rank up ticket on them to get them right to 6*s? Is that worth it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

You can't use tickets on native T2's, they all take a resource.

For WB it is Black Antimatter, which are the orange crystals that drops from WB.

Well poo poo... I aint got none of those anyways since I'm using them for the stupid Xmens quest.

Thats good to know though thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What about leaders?

I've been using Ultron, Punisher, Cyc, Shulk for their raw damage boosts.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I picked up the Elsa costume and want to get a few more. Does the Rhulk costume make him a lot better?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cinara posted:

The healing from the uniform is huge, and it gives his 3 skill a long period of immunity. Even at T1 I am able to solo just about any Shadowlands stage with him.

Well that's awesome. I'll be getting that one too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

We need a costume tier/priority list. Someone who's spent money on the game make one tia.

lol I was just going to ask if there was one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guess so!

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/6jv7c9/uniforms_guide_uniforms_that_are_worth_buying/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I finally finished the Xmens epic quest and lol Wolverine is lololol I didn't even upgrade him and he soloed the WB and SL stage 3.

He's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Good call.

Also, TheraLex mentioned I should create a discord for us. So, I think I'm gonna create a discord for us.

Do it.