Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
STOP HOLDING THE gently caress OUT ON MY MUTANTS NETMARBLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

HYPER GRAV
MAGNETIC TEMPEST

GENE SPLICE

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Do you have to spend the 6600 to get Magneto, or does that just circumvent the process? Because even my hoarding rear end ain't got that much.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So I'm trying to sign up worst alliance for the next not-risk jamboree but there's no "sign up" button. This just me or anyone else having this issue?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
This SL run has been a right motherfucker for me this week. I really need a third combat character who can solo a stage besides Irony Fist/Moon King. Other than Carnage is there anyone readily available worth a drat, or is Ol' Snikt Bubs the answer and I just need to do the X-Men quest in full?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

flash gordon agent of VENOM

but the real answer is.... dont solo the stage??? use a team of three characters its easier

are you doin a rumble or what

Vernon's in the same boat as Carnage behind the forbidden paywall.

It's more I want some insurance in case I get poo poo stage rolls like I did this time around, where it's two rumbles (one's combat of course) and a combat relay. I had to burn Moon King/Irony Fist in the single digits and I'd like a third option who doesn't need much/any help.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

just do the relay instead of the rumble. i do the floor 2 rumble with spock, ultron, kingpin and after that... yeah i guess iron fist or moon knight? i dont understand why youd do a combat rumble over a combat relay tho, any t2 combat with two chumps to swap to and soak up hits should be able to clear a relay.

The only combat rumble I do is the first one since it's mandatory, and I can clear it with T1 characters, that's not the issue. I'm saying when I draw two rumbles and a combat relay, my choices are rather limited as to who can do the relay since I haven't prioritized any combat characters other than IF and Moon King. Hence my desire to figure out who's good to pour resources into so I have more combat options.

I'm fine for this week (I think), I'm at floor 18 and barring some more lovely rolls I should be able to clear. But this week was a pain and I'd like to make it less of a pain and to do that I need some more viable combat characters.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Good friend C Everett Coop, I am a good person. I am what they call a "nicer".

I can gift you $10-$15 for your Carnage and other chars. Would you like me to do that? I'm happy to help a goon live his best life.

Nah don't worry about me, though I appreciate the notion. I'm just salty that I had a SL clear in my hands and didn't get it through a mix of bad stage rolls and a lack of viable combat characters. I usually use Thor to clear Carnage on Floor 19, so of course he wasn't there and Thor wasn't able to do enough damage/stay alive to beat DerpDevil at the top. The one time I did clear SL I was able to save IF until the end and I was hoping to do the same but was forced to burn IF in the single digits.

But I'll be fine, I'll be able to get one of Odin/Dormmy/Thanos to 6* this weekend (prob Odin he needs the help the most), I'll have all three taken care of before the end of the summer, I need to grind out a couple hundred more crystals and I can start the X-Men quest which will give me Ol' Snikt Bubs and will take care of my combat character issue in of itself. Plus now that the X-Men barrier has been broken getting my boy :itjb: in the game has gone from "if" to "when" and that's the catalyst to getting me to crowbar open my wallet and give Mr. Netmarbu my hoarded gil (and I might get the other paywalled characters then although they're not nearly as important as my boy).

Months ago it was an uphill fight just to get the 60/75 bios in shadowlands. In a couple months I'll be clearing poo poo like it's nothing. Just gotta hustle and grind.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I feel like instead of a massive list of characters, we can organize them into groups based on how easy/difficult it is to acquire them so it's less intimidating for newbies, especially since there's a soft rule in this game that the harder it is to acquire someone the better they are. Something like this:

Easy to acquire (bios can easily be grinded, no need to use any chests/rewards on them)
Combat - Captain America, Blade, Doctor Octopus, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Venom, Kingpin, Bullseye, Sif, Deathlok, Ulik, Volstagg, Hogun
Blast - Iron Man, Red Skull, MODOK, War Machine, Vision, Daisy Johnson, Lincoln Campbell, Phil Coulson
Speed - Black Widow, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Green Goblin, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Agent 13, Elektra, Fandral
Universal - Ghost Rider, Ultron

Slightly difficult to acquire (bios can still be grinded but in limited quantities daily)
Combat - Black Panther, Groot, Nebula, Drax, Giant-Man, Warwolf, White Tiger, Hulkling, Gorgon, Beast
Blast - Malekith, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Lash, Wiccan, Songbird, Baron Mordo, Kaecilius, Ancient One, Crystal, Moon Girl, Maximus, Cyclops, Storm
Speed - Ant-Man, Gamora, Yondu, Elsa Bloodstone, Squirrel Girl, Wong, Kate Bishop, Karnak, Rogue
Universal - Thor, Loki, Captain Marvel, Black Bolt, Ronan, Black Order (Proxima Midnight, Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Super Giant, Ebony Maw, Thanos), Satana, Hellstorm, Hela

Hard to acquire (only available through chests or through dimension shifters beyond your control)
Combat - Hulk, Hulkbuster, Red Hulk, Jessica Jones, Amadeous Cho, Ms. Marvel, Crossbones, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi
Blast - Rocket Raccoon, Star-Lord, Sharon Rogers, Inferno, Mantis, Whiplash
Speed - Black Cat, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Sin, Gwenpool, Misty Knight, Hellcat
Universal - Destroyer, Angela, Jane Foster, Medusa, Robbie Reyes

Gimmicky Bullshit (either paywalled, only available after jumping through hoops, or under very limited circumstances)
Combat - She-Hulk, Carnage, Agent Venom, Wolverine
Blast - Sister Grimm, Enchantress, Ironheart, Dr. Strange, Jean Grey, Magneto
Speed - Kid Kaiju
Universal - Singularity, Hyperion, Clea, Odin, Dormammu

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 10, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaukler posted:

Didn't hear back on Doctor Goon so applied to Waifu Squad as Dangermoose. Is Doctor Strange as good as me running into him in PvP suggests? He just stunlocks my dudes forever and then they die.

There's a handful of game-changers in the game who will make your life significantly easier once you unlock/upgrade them. Strange is a game-breaker, in that he dominates all of those game-changers to a distressing degree. He's practically mandatory for any later story stages and whenever he can be used, he should be used.

He's dominated the meta of the game since his release and so people are curious/excited to see if the X-Men changed the narrative any. The tier list posted a few pages back put Jean Grey above him although it's still very early, but even if that's the case it's not like Strange became obsolete overnight.

tl:dr: yes

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ramadu posted:

mobrium is amazing

don't doxx me

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Theorycrafting

I'm similar in that I've got a priorities checklist of what I'm looking to accomplish, the biggest difference for me is what resources I'm willing to spend. Right now my primary goal is to be able to beat Shadowlands on a consistent basis; I've gotten one clear and came close last time around. To do so I need to spend gold/isos/debris/energy/etc...on more of my team. This needs to be done both on the high end; Thanos/Odin/Dormmy, the power hitters that can tank a later stage by themselves, and on the lower end; guys like Karl and Cap, who can clear a single-digit stage either by themselves or with some assistance, which frees up other characters who are more beneficial later down the road.

Odin's a great example; when he was at 5*/55 he was able to clear a lower-end Universal relay by himself but he was able to help much at the higher end. Now that I've got him at 6* (but still 55) I can use him later which shuffles my priority order and (in theory) makes it easier to clear that earlier stage as well. But Odin takes a tremendous amount of time, effort, and resources to get him to that stage, versus someone like Cap where his bios are easily grindable and the biggest hurdle is one easily cleared.

So when I log on, I'm looking to clear all of the daily tasks that give me the 25 crystals (another 190 and I can unlock Magneto and start the X-Men stuff!), with story/daily/special missions all ran during hot time as to maximize energy efficiency and any other benefits. Full clear World Boss every day but iThanos day which gives around 200 BAM and a handful of chaos norns. Do the 10 timeline battles, do alliance battle, do co-op to conclusion. If I'm working on a Strange character (and I assume X-Men as well) do their Epic Quest missions to conclusion. If there's some kind of special task I'll do that to conclusion every day as well. After that, I do the not-Risk as it's available but I'm not a fan so unless worst alliance actively needs my help at the time it's not a priority. I'll do one WBI a week for the bonuses but unless I need to burn energy without gaining xp (i.e. close to leveling up) I won't do much more than that. Come Wednesday evening I try to clear Shadowlands so I'm able to spend as much time boosting my time as possible; I try not to wait until Thursday evening in case something goes wrong and I run out of time which has happened before. I don't touch Ultimate World Boss because I can't do a drat thing with it. All this takes about 2 hours or so, a good chunk of which is automated so I'm not completely glued to my phone and I can shitpost/watch a ballgame at the same time.

I still enjoy the game, which is why I've been playing from nearly Day One to today. Hopefully I'll "beat" it before it's over.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This has probably been covered already, but ICR there is some serious lack of bulge on these X mans. They all have adult diapers built into their outfits

you know who has a shameful rear end?

beast. no rear end at all

he got a hank hill rear end, beast does. shameful

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

So does that skill just last forever?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't wanna piss the thread off but I got POAH on ol' Snikt Bubs as the second result on my opening roll.

:smug:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
OH MY loving GOD ALL MY loving CRYSTALS ARE GONE BUT NOW I HAVE MAGFUCKINGNETO AND I CAN ENJOY THIS GAME AGAIN SUCK MY DICK

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Text me :bigtran:

still 1-900-mixalot?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Is MagnetMan worth a Mega Mastery or do I get enough of the new mastery thingys that I'm better served hoarding it? I've got two and can kinda fake a third.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

im freaking the heck out posted:

Any goon teams that do Alliance Conquest that I can apply to? My other group don't really focus on it too much and I like the mode.

come to worst alliance, I'm not a huge fan but we've got some guys who run it fairly consistently.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

:thumbsup:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
wait who the gently caress is clearing wbu 5 times a day

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Vodos posted:

<- this guy

Depends a bit on damage proc timing, but it rarely takes more than 30 seconds to kill PM or BD, Corvus takes a bit longer with all the drat respawns and cutscenes.

How long does it take to clear the upper levels that people were getting creamed on earlier?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I use my Songbird to solo an Iron Fist boss floor. Shield -> Aegis Reflector -> pew pew pew -> repeat.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I've got a custom gear that's Ignore Defense 26.2%/Lightning Damage 31.6%/Invincible for 5 sec at <40% health. Is this good for MagnetMan and if not who, and does whoever I throw this on need a healing ISO set to boot?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

Indeed. But on the other hand, I only need to get 120 more for Beast and I'm done with the regulars. A bigger slog to level Jean tbh. :P

200 more bios for Storm and she'll be 5* and I can continue the quest!!! :shepicide:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

save up for THE MASTER OF 'TISM

Yeah, at this point you need to have a backlog of crystals for the next time they pull this stunt (and there will be a next time since I don't think there's been a backlash of any notable size/rage). We probably won't be getting any more mutants for a little bit since Spidey Homecoming is in a couple of weeks (and I'd imagine we'll get some news on the next update either at the end of the week or early next), but I could see a situation where someone like Deadpool gets the Magneto treatment.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Considering FF is usually a Tuesday update and next Tuesday is the 4th, I don't know when we'll be getting our stuff. The movie doesn't open until the 7th so an 11th update wouldn't be too surprising, but then we've gone 2 weeks plus from official announcement to actual content. I get that we haven't had the Netmarbu breakdown and that usually comes about a week out or so, in addition that people are still going through the X-Men epic quest, so I've got no clue when the update will drop for us.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Wizchine posted:

I used my first-costume-purchase discount to buy Punisher's "Noir" uniform because I'm a dork and I liked being able to identify who the portrait belonged to, instead of just seeing the face of some ugly dude. Did I gently caress up?

I thought his Netflix costume (which is probs as close as we're gonna get to a Punisher Max costume) made him like combat top tier or whatever. That true?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

We need a costume tier/priority list. Someone who's spent money on the game make one tia.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Managed a SL clear last night that wasn't quite with relative ease, but gives me enough hope that I should be able to clear each week unless poo poo goes horribly wrong. I came close this time around, was hoping to save Floki for the Floor 22 villains stage but had to burn her in the late teens when every option was villains. Really can't wait until I get either Thanos or Dormmy fully juiced up, both are 55/5* and while I've enough enough BAM to put either at 6* right now I've got to keep enough BAM on hand to deal with the Wolverine quest. At least once I'm done with that I've got another T2 Combat with Snikt Bubs that'll help at ton. Having MagnetMan helps too; I was able to solo the Destroyer boss in the early teens with a 60/6* but only two mastery and minimal attention spent on skills.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm with you, I've got the back-end figured out (almost) and the front end figured out, it's just getting there with all off the random stages. My plan:

1: T1 Cap solo, I've got to save my T2 tickets for the X-Men to get Jean Greezy so this'll be the case for a while.
2: Blast rumble, T1 Lash/Linkin Campbell/55 5* Crystal. This either goes really well or takes forever, depending if I can keep everyone together since Crystal locks them down. Lash is maxed out but that's a whatever and Lincoln is lightning based and along for the ride. I could swap in Storm once she's worth a drat but this team works and doesn't use anyone I'd want to use later.
3-late teens: depends, I've got Thor/Ghost Rider for universal Relays, Elsa/Silk for speed relays, Moon King for a combat relay, Wiccan can solo an early blast relay (and I can boost him with Hulkling/Vision if necessary), Karl dominates a Destroyer boss, Gwen/Hawkgal can beat the Racon, Capt Marvel can beat either Floki or the women's relay, Mantis dominates a Hulk rumble, Dormmy/Black Order can beat villains stages. I've got the pieces I just need to put them together and I only run into trouble when I get poo poo floor draws and have to burn through too many of one class at a time.
21: Yellowjacket tears apart Venom, last run I was able to use Songbird because the Iron Fist boss fight never showed up, which ended up being a good thing.
22: I don't have a proper S tier villain yet so Strange goes here since he breaks all the rules. Once Thanos/Dormmy's ready to go they'll get slotted here; I'd like to maybe use either Floki or Proxima but I always end up needing them earlier.
23: I'd go Strange here if I could save him but that hasn't been the case. I went with a nearly maxed 57/6* Odin last run and whooooo boy that didn't work, JJ/Shulk are so drat fast and don't respect the Odinshield. I ended up beating it with Odin/Wiccan/YJ but that had the potential to be a run stopper. I might save Sharog for this stage and burn Odin earlier, which says a lot about how OP Sharog is.
24: Ebony Maw with Crossboner/Racist Skull as backup. Nova Force locks Luke down and Ebony drops his 4/5 skills for damage. Fairly easy unless Luke gets a stun in and is able to go to down but I've got this stage figured out.
25: Iron Fist with Luke/someone else backup. I always though that IF/Luke/JJ had a trio teamup but they don't for some reason. Either way, it's Irony Fist here although once Wolverine's maxed he might be able to solo this.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Why are you having trouble with Odin on stage 23? I've been using him there since he was 6 stars and level 55 and haven't really had any issues. It helps to have Jane Thor in the team so you can use the teamup button to get his immunity skill and also Odin's autoattacks are physical so when you've finished all your skills you need to kite until you can use them again or else you'll kill yourself on the reflect.

e: Also Sharon is probably iffy on this stage although I haven't tried. I think 4 out of 5 of her skills do significant physical damage which will wreck you on the reflect.

Yesterday was the first time I used Odin at 23, I've never had him in a position to last that long and be productive; for the longest time I used him in the early stages when he was only 5* because he wouldn't be able to beat anything else. Good point with the physical autoattacks, I hadn't thought about that.

If Sharog can't be the answer for 23 then I'm starting to scratch my head. I guess if I can save Floki I can run either her or Strange for 22/23 and the other goes after. Dormmy would be an answer once he's at 6* but that's gonna be a while. If I luck out and don't hit a stage where Mantis beating the Hulk rumble is the best option, Mantis could beat 23. I don't think Songbird could lock them down both and once she got hit she'd be dead.

poo poo, now I've gotta rethink this whole thing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Mother of god that spidey move :stare:

Don't know what's better, car pendulum or Rhino getting the choppa.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Holy mother of god.

Maybe it's hype but those are some of the best animations yet for multiple chars. Usually on a trailer for multiple chars, somebody steals the show, but everybody looks phenomenal.

My boy Rhino gonna get T2ed asap so I can GORE GORE GORE!!!!

Can't wait to run team ECW: Rhino/Sandman/rey Mysterio

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cinara posted:

My biggest issue with Magneto is now I don't want to spend crystals on anything, normally I would have grabbed a Mega 6* ticket or two during this sale but now I am just hoarding them.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to work about a 5k pool to have on hand for the next time they do something like this. Means I miss out on the uni sale but c'est la vie.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

drat I'm an idiot and was forgetting to do the Mutual Enemy missions for the last 3 days. That's an easy 20 crystals a day.

They really didn't balance the Magneto bios well. You get more than enough pretty quickly through the Epic Quest to take him to T2 then you could also grind out like ~20 a day? Guess I'll be able to feed them into something.

The MagnetMan bios are for feeding Jean Greezy once you unlock her.

Speaking of Magneto is he any good as a WB striker? I just T2'd him and could always use another one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I look at Rhino's skills and all I can think is "man this would be better if it was :itjb:" but really, wouldn't most characters be better if they were :itjb:?

poo poo the game would be better if it was Juggernaut: Future Fight. Empty quote this for truth.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

I'm going to be fighting the urge to buy Anti-Venom. Disappointed in the Spider-Man uni.

Car. Pendulum. :colbert:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
where the gently caress are my villains netmarbu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Can't use the daily selectors on Birdman FYI.