Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I applied for Goonlactus, name is same as here with a 1 on the end.

Getting a bit confused with some things though. I did a couple of co-op battles where it boosts all of your characters to 6* against some super boss, and usually one of the team kills the boss in about a second and does 90% of the damage. How do they do that?

Also, will someone be my special friend? I need to send some points to someone to advance my Dr Strange quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I spent a bit of money and got a pack that gave me a 6 star character and a bunch of crystals. I picked up Heimdall to make a good team with my 6* Thor and Loki but what is a good thing to spend these crystals on?

Is it worth picking up one of Lokis costumes? The movie costume looks better, but you seem to lose the energy shield ability?

Is there anything else worth spending crystals on?

Also is there a good way to level up? My Loki team apparently has an attack power of 5,000 or so, and any mission which gives him any good amount of XP recommends over 7,000 attack (he is level 50).

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I've got to the stage in the epic quests where they are asking for like 1,000 Norn stones. Should I be saving up for them, or should I be using my Norn stones to increase mastery on my pool of decent heroes for now and worrying about the epic quests later?

Also when doing the co-op world boss what factors determine the quality of the loot boxes you get? I have a level 60 team now with Loki, Thor and Heimdall, but even with them I usually only get a common box. I got a purple one with a level 50 Sharon Rodgers once, but I am not sure what I did different (unless it's completely random?)

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wowee, big uniform sale. I am used to spending an unhealthy amount of time playing Marvel Heroes so spending money on lovely games that might be dead in 6 months is an old friend. Which uniforms should I buy? Bearing in mind I haven't bought uniforms at all yet in this game, are there any recommended ones which will help in the long run?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

Who do you have? Maybe some some pics of your roster or list your 6* duders or something

Oh yeah that would help wouldn't it. I already have uniforms for Sharon Rodgers, Loki, Thor and Hulk because they are all great.

Otherwise at 6* i have got:

Heimdall
Captain America
Starlord
Black Widow
Ironman
Anti-Man

Cap America, Black Widow and Ironman seem to come with Age of Ultron uniforms out of the box. Is it worth buying different uniforms for them? Is Starlord worth getting anything for? He doesn't seem great, I got him with a free 6* selector just because I liked the movies and wasn't sure who else to pick.

I also bought the daily bios package, so if there are some good characters I should pick up to get uniforms for I can do that.

Also how valuable are hidden tickets? I have like 12 of them and when I do special missions it asks me if I want to use them and I never do because I am not sure I will ever see any more of them. Should I be saving them or should I just use them all?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I guess I'm doing the dormammu quest since that was the first one and I just picked it? Should I carry on with it, or switch to a different one? Are the others easier?

Also

quote:

Red Hulk - Another 'makes him good' though annoyingly it turn him into a hero instead of a villain. 

Why is this significant?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Can anyone explain the resources required to take a character up to T2?

I got my Loki to level 60 and I got a free T2 upgrade token but now I find I need to upgrade his gear up to +20? And each level of gear takes more Loki bios?

Is there anything else I need to do once I get there? I always seem to be out of gear kits and dimension debris.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is Hulk a good character to take to T2? Or would Loki or Thor be better?

Edit: I have the ragnarok costumes for all of them thanks to this sale if that makes any difference?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It's all turned out to be moot anyway. I didn't realise how many bios would be needed to upgrade all gear to +20. I had like 350 bios for Hulk already as he was my hero journey character so he will be my first T2 character it looks like! Plus he is strongest there is so it's obvious really.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is there any way to get a 6 star rank up ticket? I got a 3 star Blue Marvel out of a chest and got him up to 5 stars using the tickets from the new years event but I can't get him any further.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I'm really enjoying X-23, she seems to have super good healing ability, a nice bleed and loads of x-frames to exploit. I'm not sure why people say she is bad? I cleared an early SL stage with her at level 46 or so.

I don't have her super geared either, I've only been playing a month so I don't have that many resources to throw at her. The only thing I whaled on was to get her to 6* mastery on the first day.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What happens if I combine 2 mythical cards together? I have 1 card I want to keep of a low quality, and a garbage one I can use as fuel, I am just worried what will happen if I combine them together. Is there a chance that it will upgrade one of them and leave me with the garbage one? Or will it just upgrade the first one I put into the masher?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What the...

The card masher says "will make a card of better quality".

I put the card I wanted to upgrade in there with the feeder, and it went from quality 3 to quality 1?!

:downsbravo:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is it possible to face any teams in timeline battles that do not have a literally invincible Wolverine? I skipped until about 5000 rating when it was just teams with T2 Jean, Thanos and Quicksilver. Wolverine in his uniform in about 95% of them.

Also is the new character worth anything? Can you get her bios from the daily bio selector sub?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wait, do the AoA costumes turn all of the x-men into villains? Even Wolverine?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Ah drat, I got the Beast one as I have just got him to 6 stars and levelled him up hoping he could help in some SL stages. Got Rogue as well so her costume making her a villain would have helped even more.

I suppose I could get the Cyclops costume for the future as the sale is on. Is he a good character?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

twistedmentat posted:

I've heard that its the Marvel Now one, so Hydra Cap. I have the Civil War one.

I would imagine both Cap and Black Panther (and probably Bucky) will be getting new costumes very soon. The BP movie comes out next month with Infinity War the month after. Might be a good idea to see what comes out from that before spending crystals on current costumes.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I got super fed up with just facing timeline battles of Wolverine + 2 others so I tried to whale myself through the x-men epic quest. Finally stuck on the bit where it wants something like 3 rank 6 BAM. Going to cost around 16.5 million apparently :smithicide:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

NmareBfly posted:

Is she an option from the selector though? They mighta changed new player rewards at some point.

Nope, she is only available through the bio sub.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What is SCD?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
No, there is a new monthly sub for 100 extra boost points per day. £7.49 in the UK.

Edit: Plus "improved" boost rewards and 300 or so crystals.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

bagrada posted:

If you can keep working on the X-Men quest pack and get Wolverine to 6/6/60 he will be a big help with you beating stuff for the first time because you can run away and heal up. I got infinity thanos, Odin, and the Thanos fight in the latest story chapter done for the first times that way. Takes a while but you usually have a pretty generous timer outside of shadowlands and ABX so you can alternate between using Wolverine's 5 and running around to heal when needed to slog through stuff you technically don't have the cards/upgrades/characters to beat fairly.

I did this and once I levelled Wolverine up and got his costume from a sale, I literally auto played from 12-7 right up to the final mission. I had to take some control against Thanos just because he has a couple of moves which literally do like 40k damage. The only other slightly hard fight was Odin on 12-8, but again only because he does some huge burst damage. It failed the first time and then I put a 70% recovery custom gear on him and he walked through everything until the end.

Apart from Thanos, chapter 13 seemed much easier than the final levels of chapter 12.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It seems the Black Panther Extreme package is now 3300 crystals rather than 5500? That looks pretty good I guess?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I picked up a CTP of transcendence from a special mission, are there any recommendations on who it would be good on?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Probably the T2 ticket. The costume upgrade is only from legendary to mythic, it is not a mega upgrade ticket.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I was worried about the beating QS in 15 seconds thing so I figured I would just deal with it when I had beat him 70 times. Then I checked it the other day and it said I had already done it?!

I was super confused but I guess I must have got lucky with Wolverine at some point?!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Well I've only beaten him like 15 times total, so I guess the lesson is that Wolverine is stupid OP?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I need friends who I can send friend points to every single day. I also pop Rifts every day.

I am still addicted basically. Whale out with me.

Add ICR THE SUN GOD for friendship. thanks you

I did try to add you but it said your list is full!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

CTP of Energy goes on Cable because his 5* takes best advantage of chain hits proc

What are chain hits?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

It's the proc on the CTP of Energy and why it's so unique (the rest of its stat combinations can roll on other custom gear, though it helps a ton that they're fixed don't get me wrong), it just powers up consecutive hits:

Increases Chain Hit Damage by 30% (max) when attacking (5 sec) & Increases Damage by 200% (max)

Not coincidentally, the same patch that introduced chain hits introduced guys with infinite beams, which wasn't a thing before. These have a fast rate of fire and hit often, and they never stop, so they make best use of this proc.

So basically you could use the CTP of Energy on like, Anti-Man or Nova for the same reason, it's just most of us have Cable

If you're a mad lad you could put it on cyclops for example

Thanks, I had one and someone said to put it on Quicksilver so I did, good to know what it actually does.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

bagrada posted:

I don't see that Colossus has his roar. Does this game even have combat sound bites? I usually play muted because I got sick of the title scene music two days in.

I hope Emma Frost is like $50,000 to buy and isn't overpowered at all, just a blingy showcase for the megawhales.

I mean Blackbolt is in the game and his super power is that he shouts real loud, so I'm sure a roar can be managed for the metal man.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

twistedmentat posted:

New Logan costume wrecks the AoA Logan in arena I found.

Has anyone else found this? The new costume is a much better look than AoA however the bonus didn't look as good for Timeline.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The weekly event 6 star selector is available today and it is pretty good. Seems like you can select anybody except the obvious people (native T2, bio-sub only etc). I picked up a 6* Kraven as I don't even have him unlocked yet.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

The Dave posted:

Not to be a dick but that was a pretty bad choice given how easy he is to farm. You want to use these sort of selectors on people that don't have farmable bios. Since you get the bios if they are already 6 starred I need to check if there is anyone I should select with a goal of T2ing.

I know, but I don't really need anyone else. Anyone else I am interested in is already at least 5* and are being worked on, or are not available from the selector. At least getting Kraven saved me having to farm 600+ bios for him to get him to the same level. I just checked the latest tier list and picked the best character I don't have yet. Next week I will probably get Coulson.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I was playing around with Angel in Shadowlands and he seems really strong. Out of 5 skills 3 of them are x-frames and 1 is an invuln/heal/buff. In fact you can chain the 3 x-frame skills forever it seems? It was only one of the early SL stages, but he was only 15/15/15/15. Looking forward to getting him to T2.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Unsure who to use this weeks 6 star selector on and next weeks T2 selector on. Which of these would be best for both?

Kamala Khan
She Hulk
Silk
Jane Foster
Medusa

Also, what's going on with the super clan idea? Are we supposed to be joining Marble Hebrons or something?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

NmareBfly posted:

Shulk's leadership is worth having around. Medusa can clear a universal relay at T1 pretty comfortably. One of them for the 6* selector, then for the T2 either Kamala or Silk. Silk's better in PvP, Kamala's better in SL imo. Not a huuuuge difference either way though.

I just remembered Singularity is available as well. Is she any good or worth it at all?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Also infinity war may have a new costume for the most strangest of doctors.

It's probably only safe to buy costumes for fringe characters who will never be in the IW movies at the moment.

I am just hoping for good costumes for Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow that allows them to solo some SL stages. Oh, and Vision as well!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I got Cable at level 50 and just unlocked Jean. Should I finish Cable off first or go straight to getting Jean up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Iron Fist, Red Hulk and Elsa are hugely improved at T2. I know that from experience. Like, massively improved.