Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
What is even worth doing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cinara posted:

Storm and Beast are the weakest two by far. Rogue and Cyclops are both good.

Mag, Wolvie and Jean are all pretty insane.

Pay 2 Winniest

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cinara posted:

Enchantress is one of the few characters I regret T2ing, purely because she's so good without it and I only use her in Shadowlands where she doesn't need it.

At T2 she 100% locks down anyone so I would never regret

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

s w a g n e t o

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. There was never any Netflix IF show, and there certainly isn't a costume based on it.

If there was one I would certainly remember it and not a gaping burning hole in my memory about the length of a Netflix series

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Decided Sis Grimm hasn't seen the light of day for a while so decided to punch Promixa's ticket with her

TFW you're carried by your strikers

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I haven't used them once.

I only use them to try to be #1 quake but I can't crack #20, thanks level 70s

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

fart simpson posted:

Agreed, The Davebo

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Hey uh I'm returning after about 100 days and I get a 6* selector and a bunch of Norns of my choice and what's the hot poo poo right now

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You can come back to Marble Hebrons.

But my dude who should I put my 6* into, considering I had all of the good characters before

I obviously put my 300 bios into Daisy because I just need 90 more costume crates to unlock Legendary

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

How can I get a screenshot of all my characters so somebody can help me figure out who the gently caress I should be upgrading/acquiring?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Applied to BOLTAGOONS as chelatek

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Which alliance has an open spot and is paying attention to applications?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Trapper John posted:

Doctor Goons has open spots, just post your in game name.

Applied as chelatek

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I need to use my free T2 ticket before it expires, because of course I can't save it like old tickets, and these are my options for the highest tier I don't have

Captain America
Yellowjacket
Moon Knight
Sandman
Mantis
Wiccan
Yondu
Kraven
Robbie Reyes

Who should I go with? Not even sure when I'd use them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I used my T2 boost on Mantis but haven't equipped poo poo on her and use her as a team member in WB Normal

Long story short I didn't pay attention and the main guy died and it switched to her, and while her damage just wasn't there, I swear she survived like 2 minutes just mashing skills

Good rec, fellow goons

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

In the grand scheme of things I don't think Proxima was really worth it at the time I was ranking her up. She's good but not great and she didn't move into my top tier. By the time i had her finished I already had my 5-5 WBR clears and she can only help you with one floor in Shadowland.

I was heavily advised by this thread to rank her up at the time but since then we've got Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Cable, Scarlet Witch, and Apocalypse who are all better and rank up the same way. Plus now we have the Level 70/T3 characters who cost bios the same way. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to the Black Order if all the other Infinity War characters are Level 70s/T3s too.

I guess if you can't do Quicksilver and unlock him Proxima is the easiest option. But I'd just focus on using your bios on the general roster. Get everyone to 4*/Level 50 so you can get the best CoOp rewards. Then work on getting them to 6* and T2 methodically based on the tier chart. That's ultimately the way I went when Proxima disappointed and I don't regret it even if I wish I had built up Thanos, Odin, and Dormammu and mean to get around to them. Eventually.

She is top tier with her uni tho

e: and jfc Quicksilver etc are massive time investments. Ignoring all of the other poo poo you have to kill Quicksilver >70 times< to even start to work on Cable, let alone SW and Apoc.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Thor has 2 eyes on the loading screen

Hilarious!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I have not been able to ever do UWB since I came back. my best guys are probably Strange and Magneto. I just T2'd Cappy with the new uniform but haven't tried him yet tbh.

Is there some strategy? I don't think I've gotten over 14k team power.

E: also 15 sec QS is keeping me from Cable and I'm extremely tempted to just pay it off but thats lame.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Silk is still considered good?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What's the tip for Ultimate BD? I just can't kill Proxmia and idk why

E: damage resistances aside my strongest team of Magneto, 62 Cap, and Srogers only clocks in at 18k so idk how to even get that higher

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 15, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I don't pay attention to the recommended damage. At some point I stopped being able to meet it but I can still beat Proxima at 19 at least once of twice.

Proxima's key from what I can tell is she's highly immune to Energy damage so you gotta use Physical attacks. I use Quicksilver, Wolverine, Hulk, Cap, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Shuri. I gave up on attack strikers and just do 5 "increase attack damage on super villains". After that the big key in the attack is that somewhere roughly around when her power falls to 11 she'll go up top and shoot a bunch of rays. You gotta avoid those at the bottom of the screen and wait for them to be over to attack. They'll kill you quick. Then again sometime when she's around 6 or 5 she'll do another close in attack where she sticks you with a circle thing and bombards you with rays. You gotta anticipate it and run away until she's done. If you can avoid those two attacks you can probably beat her if you're strong enough. If you can't avoid them it doesn't matter how strong you are, she'll wipe out your whole team in seconds.

Black Dwarf is the opposite as he has Physical immunity so you gotta go Energy. Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, Strange, Cable are mine. I basically go with the 5 "increase attack" strikers thing there too. He's got two big attacks in the same way at roughly the same times but I haven't figured the timing out exactly yet. The first one is when he swings his weapon around. You gotta get clear of that. The second is when he crouches down and powers up. If you can't break his shield before he does he'll shoot off the shockwave and kill you. So if you're not strong enough get as far away as possibel and tag in your most expendable player. If you can avoid those attacks, you stand a chance to win.

Corvus doesn't seem to have any Physical or Energy weakness that I notice. I use 5 "reduce dodge" strikers and sometimes a "reduce dodge" leadership (but I've mostly backed off that). I take him down with all the same people I use on Proxima and Dwarf. Its the same "2 big attacks early and late" thing but I haven't figured out exact timing yet. First one is four circles that appear around them. When you see them run and don't get trapped. Second is a wall of flame he shoots up. Gotta try and get as far away and avoid it, or sacrifice your weakest guy. He busts off a few other flames after that so stay alert. If you survive them you got a shot.

I just got to 10 with Dwarf and Corvus so I don't know how high I can get with them but I'll see. Proxima I have up to 19 and I just need to do the 15 clears. I've done all the time ones so I just haven't been doing much of her since Corvus and Dwarf showed up. I can't really do 5/5 with Proxima 19 or Dwarf 9 but I can get 2-4 wins at the highest setting. I've been bouncing around on days when one of the three aren't the daily bonus so I get the highest I can do with either.

I know you don't pay attention to the number but do you know what it shows yours as in general?

Also out of those characters I only have an unleveled Hulk, 6* but completely ungeared and unISO'd Wolfie, 62 Cap (no ISO because I ran out of rainbow), the free WS, 5* QS, 1* cable, and a kitted out Strange. I think I might just be using old and bad characters.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 15, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What the hell is valor and why is mine at 1? Could that also be a factor?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Started trying to get my first dumb Proxmia kill with Cap/Ancient One/(I forget, it's late), got mad, burned the 300 crystals at like, 2x, killed her

Started Level 2, got her to halfway through 1x before dying with Magneto (lead)/Wolverine/IF, I accept I hosed up the death

e: yeh just wiped the floor with Wolvie after remembering to read the skills first

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 16, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Yeh I guess that number is nonsense

I can do Proxima 1 with a team of Cap, Wolfie, and Ancient One, basically just swapping around and popping AO's heal bubble if poo poo gets too real. I still end with only one still alive though.

My strikers are pretty sad though and looking through things I've focused too heavily on energy damage. Im just hard up on gold to get 6* QS and not sure who else to pump for that physical, but I'll refer to The Holy Chart

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

So my next ticket is going to go Star Lord, and I used todays on Sandman, but I'm not sure who to use the next one I get.

My options are America, Hulkbuster, Lizard, Titania, Crystal, Quake, Kaecilius, Nico, Songbird, Wiccan, Karnak, Ms Marvel, Yondu, Hellstrum and Singularity. Probably Titania, Unless someone else is a better choice.

And yea, I t2 everyone I can, there's no reason not to.

I used to try to do this but then they started releasing weird new systems that would require Whatever to proceed, so now I just try to work on chars that fit the current meta

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Maybe the real whales were the friends we made along the way

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

I hate leveling up these natural T2s. poo poo-tons of gold to get enough BAM fusion. I've still got Wanda at only 4 stars because it's daunting and crappy and slow. I'm groaning at the thought of having to do it for the rest of the Black Order and eventually Apocalypse.

Cable 2* is 3 million gold, ignoring the material requirements

Gold is such a loving sink in this game and there's no good way to get it

E: are feathers actually considered easy to get? I maxed them but assumed that was because I was doing every drat mutie quest out there and not using them ever. It wouldn't be the first material that I had a glut of until I actually started using it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Zokari posted:

Get VIP 1 and you'll have infinite gold from co-op unless you start throwing it all at the SHIELD store.

...I didn't realize co-op would give gold like that. I have VIP 8 :/

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I get like 4-5 million a day from Co-Op. I think I'm VIP2?

Dang, I just blew all my rewards and only got 2.5

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Do you have your roster built up? You get better rewards the more 4*/Level 50 people you have.

Says I'm level 4

i really need to level a bunch of 4*+ people I have tho

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I got 32 HB bios

I fed them to Cap

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Man I think they really hosed up timeline with Wolverine. I haven't seen anybody able to kill him. Spidy with the new outfit can keep him webbed 99% of the fight but not approach killing him, he heals too quickly.

I can't let Timeline auto pick the next match because if it's Wolfie they'll fight to a standstill.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have any problem killing him with Jean and T3 Cap and can kill him off and on with Wolvie, Quicksilver, Witch, Cable, and Strange.

The big thing is you have to outdraw his 5 skill or be able to withstand it. People who have him worked up can kill you with that one move. Jeans useful that way because even if she dies she'll get back up. Quicksilver can outdraw and incapacitate him with the cyclone. Strange can freeze him. Stuff like that.

I haven't seen Cable and better guys so I think I'm just in Garbo league. Mine doesn't have an ISO set but does have a custom gear with 50% healing, 4 sec shield at under 50%, and stun immune, so that's alright I guess?

Maybe if I keep winning eventually I'll get my rear end handed to him

I just did a Strange and yeh he does the constant freese but he also is Guard Break weak and 5 bamboozles him hard. It really feels like Iron Spider is GB immune though and that fight takes forever

E: I also bought the wrong uni when I was drunk a while ago, I have enough crystals to get the "right" one, does it really matter?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

couple of questions that may not be in the OP:

- How rapidly do you usually get your characters? I realize for now that the game shits out a lot of character boxes and you even get to choose a few of them but there are around 110 in the roster?

- Is it usually better to go for team compositions for the buffs or does it not matter as much? I have Rulk/Ghost Rider together right now and they get a crit/fire buff from that duo.

- it really depends on the character, a whole bunch are paywall (for example Luna Snow), some are long involved quests involving a ton of mats and gold (example Wolverine), some give bios from just clearing a few stories (Captain America, Iron Man, etc), some even are unlocked from a mini chain of quests that range from "upgrade 200 comic cards" to "defeat Quicksilver 15 times in World Boss"

- it used to not really be the thing in the main but I don't think it still matters until you're in WBU mode.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bagrada posted:

In the long run the third should be someone who buffs the whole team based on what you are trying to do. Off the top of my head, Agent Coulson, Valkyrie, and Shuri (with uniform?) are the best here for world boss and WBU.

Is there a list of this? I tried the Reddit but couldn't find a list

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The MH thread is alive and well my dude

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

I've just been beating up Proxima on Level 2 5 times a day. I don't see the point of doing any of the others. I'm up to 45 on her dial, whatever that means.

That's your raid level, gives some bonus stats

How long have you been doing that because I'm in the 20s, doing her at 4 (4 is easier than 2 tbh), and the dial barely moves.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Team 5: Infinity Thor carries Black Panther and Thanos.

Interesting, my Infinity Thor is garbage and barely scratches a WBU mode. I would have thought you'd use BP as your carry since he's all physical and of course Thanos as the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

I don't have Ragnarok Thor so I can't say, but I've got Infinity Thor at Level 62 and his Gear up to 21 with his uniform up to Rare and with a lightning pumping obelisk on him, and if I keep alternating between his 5 and his 1 for the most part, he manages to do significant damage to Proxima, but I bring Panther as backup for strikeys and Thanos for emergencies.

Also, even though he's not Ragnarok Thor, I still hear Immigrant Song in my head when I use him.

I've got Panther up to 64 as my highest, and I'm planning to make him my first T3 because I'm a T'Challa nerd.

vvv Oh, weird. I assumed if I could level him up to 70, there was a T3 waiting at the end of that.

I guess she isn't Lightning resistant like she is Energy? I keep getting hosed up with damage types.