Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Applied to Doctor Goons

Username - LongThickRichard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Tier 2 Spider-Man with his new movie outfit. It gives extra web time and makes it fairly easy to web people forever. Against bosses, he pretty much just goes up and stays there, never to be seen again, like all of your dead pets.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Wolverine can do it. I've got him with Power of Angry Hulk, 17/16/16/17 gears. I used Beast lead and Storm, 2 ignore dodge strikers and 3 physical damage. Start off with 5 skill with Beast and then Wolverine cut him up in 14 seconds.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Benthalus posted:

So here's my team after a couple months of playing:

Do I use my 6* mega rank up on Spider-Man 2099 or Ironheart?

Which native T2 should I focus on first? I've heard Proxima is best power/resources though I'll have QS in a few days and am able to get all 5 WB clears daily already.

And what should I be spending my lab anti-matter on? Right now I'm just spending the extra on the Warp Device for bios.

Spider-Man 2099 is probably the best paywall. He's fantastic at T1 and at T2 can beat Jean and Quicksilver pretty consistently.

Ironheart has good leadership and can stay invincible but 2099 is better.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I have no idea why I would want to T3 any characters. They're pretty much only useful for PVP and that's the worst part of the game. I hope they add some more modes or stages beyond the paywall movie battles.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Holy poo poo Thanos is a monster. With the uniform, he just tore through Jean in timeline like it was nothing.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Returning player and I'd rather just avoid making mistakes with the items I have left/gain from returning.

Outside Strange, what should be my priorities at this point?

Other things but mostly 2* Mordo, Singularity, songbird and other famables.

Other than working on Sharon first, I'd do Spider-Man. He's cheap to T2 and his Homecoming costume is nearly as good as his new one if you want to be careful with crystals, he's a top tier character with either his Homecoming or Avengers costume, and he can go to level 70. I highly recommend him.

Edit: Oh yeah. Save materials for Wolverine, too.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 16, 2018

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Are the goon alliances in the OP up to date? The whole system seems kinda weird, and I can't tell which ones are active or not

Sent you a request :D

Doctor Goons is up to date but I just checked I don't see that you applied.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons as Sheriff Fux

I don't know if I'm allowed to approve applications or not but I did anyway! Welcome and enjoy practicing medicine without a license!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

Finally got my first Tier 3 with Cap. It felt like they really wanted me to spend money on cosmic cube fragments or something.

I plan on tier 3ing a speed character next. Would Deadpool or Spider-Man be a better idea? I think Deadpool is probably the better of the two, but would Spider-Man's be a bigger jump?

Spider-Man is good at T3 for stuff like timeline and that's about it. Deadpool T3 is great at everything plus is a great WBU striker since he lowers defenses of the bosses.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Anyone below 70 won't last long. Most characters don't do a great job even at 70. T3 Deadpool and level 70 Cable are your best bets, as far as I can tell.

Maybe a really good MODOK would do the trick.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
In case anyone is still wondering, Hyperion with the cel shaded look is very good. I've got him and lvl 68 and he kills things fast.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

How is he now WITHOUT that costume?

Just tried it. He's ok but not top tier. The changes that the costume makes on the 2 skills are a pretty big deal, especially on 4 since that seems to be the main damage dealer.

I personally wouldn't waste too much time on him without the costume.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Hmmm. Who to spend this 6-star selector on.

I've got Drax, Red Hulk, and Spider-Gwen at 5 stars.
I've got Medusa, Nebula, Yondu, Jane Foster, Ronan, Ghost Rider and Gamora at 4 stars, as well as all the Dr. Strange characters that aren't Dr. Strange.
I've got Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, Heimdall, Miles Morales, Angela, Silk, Yellowjacket at 3 stars.
I've got Whiplash, Nico, Singularity, Cho Hulk at 2.

Without uniforms, Heimdall and Robbie Reyes are the best out of all of those characters. Unless you mean normal Ghost Rider. He sucks no matter what you do.

Also, I'd like to join a non dead alliance but don't want to lose all of those sweet, sweet maxed out alliance bonuses.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Overdrive and Dramatic Density something something are the only other iso sets I'd use. My cooldown is already high enough so I try not to stick with Hawks Eye. The rest of the sets aren't very good.

Also, take that tier list with a grain of salt. It definitely gives you some idea of who's good or not but it's in no way definitive. Especially since Magneto sucks, even at T3.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 2, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

So I poured some crystals into the gambling packs. (AKA the Card and Gear packs with the Chance up.)
I got the two Premium Cards I wanted (the Gwenpool and Secret Origins SW and QS ones.) And a CTP of Destruction.

I've been told the CTP of Destruction turns a character into a PVP God. My Deadpool with a CTP of refinement is pretty great. Should I put the CTP of Destruction on him so he'll be unstoppable.
Or do I put it on one of my rising stars, lime Stryfe, Thanos or Dr. Doom?

My Deadpool is setup to not die, too, with HP, Recovery, and invincibility. That seems to do the job with everything except Master Mold. I think invincibility is probably more important than anything, since he can just build up to his 6 skill while not dying and eventually kill everyone in PVP. I wouldn't use a Destruction CTP on him.

Thanos would be good for Destruction but Stryfe's incapacitation effect already removes buffs, which I think makes the penetration irrelevant. I've heard that Doom's damage was low so I put my Destruction on him, even though he's still got a ways to go.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Any word on whether or not the Ronan costume is worth getting?

It definitely makes him decent, or at least usable. I used him at T1 to solo a teen level Shadowlands floor very quickly.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Wanted to apply to Buster Higham, IGN cerepol but I'm too new apparently. Do I just gotta rank up more?

They may have set a shield level requirement. You can apply for Doctor Goons, if you want. We've got plenty of room and no requirement.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons. We have plenty of room and our own secret handshake.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Luna sucks at Proxima. 70 Quicksilver with a costume would probably be your easiest clear, though.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Floors 50+ are ridiculous. The hp for everyone goes through the roof and the rewards don't get any better.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

hup posted:

I’m sure everyone knows but there’s an April fools uniform discount sooooo...what are the must gets? I feel like new ones are gonna hit with Endgame, so I kind of want to avoid movie Avengers just in case

Captain Marvel and Sharon Rogers are top tier if you don't have them yet. I think all of the other must-haves are going to be in Endgame.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

The ranking system is dumb and smells of butts.
I have a T3 Captain Marvel, Mythic Uniform, all awakened Iso set, CTP of Destruction and all her Enchanted Urus are at Legendary Level.
She is unranked.
Like the game is saying "oh yeah. Literally hundreds of thousands of people have her that well equipped. Best grind for those bullshit World Raid drops to really get her up to speed. "

Its astonishing.

It's an extra 20% boost against every other type once you get her type enhancement maxed out, though. It's a fairly big leap.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

pray to RNG Jesus that it will succeed.

That's the part that's infuriating to me. The mats for Marvel came faster than I expected but failing advancements was unbelievably annoying.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Hey I applied to Doctor Goons as Logicon. Is that the one to join these days or is there a more active one with free space?

We definitely have room although conquest is pretty much just me and occasionally a couple of other people will remember.

By the way, is there any reason for the Alliance raid? I usually forget to open it because it seems like the rewards are terrible.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Fneeb posted:

Back in after nearly a year off. I'd forgotten just how much free stuff this game vomits at you! I stopped before Deadpool came out, I see Sharon and Cable have new costumes, what should I be aiming for? I only have Tony and Steve at T3 at the moment. Also if any goon alliances have space i'd love a spot.

Doctor Goons has room. Deadpool and Sharon's new costume will probably be the biggest helps towards beating all of the new content.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

gameday posted:

Hey, folks. I’m just jumping into this game and I’m hoping to get into a Goon alliance. Any spots for someone new?

Doctor Goons has a spot if you still need one.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Are the new Ant Man uniforms an upgrade enough for him to be worth it?

Definitely. His 5 skill is his biggest new asset. It does a ton of damage, is an iframe, and great for crown control and bunching up enemies in Shadowland.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Iceman2343 posted:

I just reinstalled this game, and if there is room I applied to Doctor Goons as Iceman2343.

Fitting name! Added.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It’s the most robust phone game out there in my opinion. There’s literally too much to do at this point lol

Speaking of which, the OP is woefully out of date at this point. I'm way too lazy to do a write up but linking one of the ones from Reddit is probably a decent idea.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I don't see the logic on that graph of using a 6-star selector on Human Torch instead of Sharon, especially since he's easily farmable and she has one of the recommended costumes.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Ah! Both of those points make sense. Gracias!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I’m not sure how I should be investing in gear/skills/iso/cards/thereisreallyalotgoingonhere..

Cards and the skill option on your 4th gear should be focused on skill cooldown, ignore defense, and critical damage, in that order mostly. For iso sets, it's best to stick with attack sets (Power of Angry Hulk, Overdrive, and Hawk's Eye). I don't know what other people do, but I'll also take a Drastic Density Enhancement set if I roll it. The rest of the sets are inferior.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Who is best for a CTP of Refinement?

Colossus, Blue Marvel, Luke Cage, Destroyer, or Thing. The CTP guide from Reddit also suggests Jessica Jones, but she's terrible. I've used them on Spider-Man and 2099 and they've got worked out well, since their dodge, iframes, and speed means that usually haven't needed itgb.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I think one of the biggest problems with rankings is that it depends upon what the character is used for. Spidey isn't great for WBU but can be a nightmare in PVP. Sharon gets murdered in PVP almost immediately, even at T3, but does crazy damage to bosses. Jean is much better than Deadpool in TL but Deadpool has more uses for WBU. It seems like apples and oranges.

Except Magneto. He sucks at everything. Not sure how he can be ranked at anything other than the bottom unless you're really chasing ABX numbers and won't settle for Stryfe for some reason.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons will have a couple of empty slots tomorrow morning after reset, once Conquest is over and I can kick people again. Anyone is welcome.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It doesn't add elemental, just boosts it. So, it's wasted on Luke Cage.

My strategy is to try to get as much cooldown and ignore defense from cards as possible. A maxed alliance will also help with stat bonuses. The Hawk's Eye iso set gives a big cooldown bonus, too, if you need it. Then use the 4th gear to max out either of those.

If those are maxed, the 4th gear goes to crit damage. Then the uru are always 2 hp, 2 energy or physical damage, then crit damage. If crit damage gets maxed, then it's either crit rate, recovery rate if they've got that skill, or dodge for high dodge characters like Ant-Man or Iron Fist.

Custom gears are always ignore guard break then rerolled until I get invincibility or damage x%, unless they're a character that I don't really care about.

Doing that has had some pretty good results.

Edit: Looks like Strange is getting T3. Jean had a good run, I guess.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 28, 2019

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Applied to doctor goons as TubaSushii. Played a couple years ago, lured back.

Added!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Can you no longer upgrade equipped urus? The only option I can see is to unequip them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

kertap posted:

Well I'm back playing this after almost 2 years. The game is absolutely throwing stuff at me.

I got two 6 star character selectors and I have 3 more coming in the returning 28 day check in. I used one on Minn-Erva because apparently she is good. Is there anyone else I should use it on? My options for unowned characters are basically Molten Man, Korath, Thing, Human Torch, Morgan Le Fay, Iron Hammer, Goliath, Ulysses Klaue and Shuri.

I've gotten so many gems as well. I could get some uniforms or some of the store exclusive characters like Emma Frost. I'm not really sure what to do there.

Shuri is really good and has a team passive for world bosses. Iron Hammer is also a good choice.

As for crystals, most of the expensive uniforms are great, with the exception of Punisher. The Black Panther uni is a good choice, too, since you get the legendary battle and premium card with it. As for crystal characters, only Emma and Iceman are worth crystals, in my opinion.

STAC Goat posted:

You can't upgrade equipped urus now but you can unequip them for free. It looks like there's supposed to be a crystal cost for it but right now its 0. So I'm guessing that's a bug. I assume there will be a big fix for the system at the next patch.

But I just unequpped my 5* uru and equipped the new 6* I worked up.

As long as it stays free, it's just a minor annoyance, I guess.