Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Applied to Doctor Goons as imemnok, mentioned it in the Discord but figured I'd put it here since the chat moves pretty fast. Thanks for the invite

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Just had an interesting timeline battle. My speedy Kamala vs. a baby Groot. It went on for 4:52 with constant healing back up to full, untill my KK could claim her well deserved victory.

Kinda like watching two holy palas duke it out in a duel in WoW 12 - 13 years ago.

Except that those two Holy Paladins are still dueling today.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I've gotten one 5* rank up and a 5* Loki Card, rest has been the standard stuff.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Although I didn't realize you could hold onto the boxes. I was sort of working under the impression that I had to open a box to make sure the next one showed up. I guess that doesn't make sense but it still seems odd since I don't remember ever waking up to 2 or 3 boxes when I'm away for a long time.

Maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep.

You have to login every 4 hours to get the box.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

Wow first update I don't give a poo poo about.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=885684

Not sure but the rumour was that they're based on the mission title names during the last event they ran before the mutant update.

From the list it looks like Angel/Gambit/Nightcrawler are a lock in?

I was wondering if I should use the event currency on the bios or the norn stones so I could get through the Strange quest, looking like Norn stones will be the way to go.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

FYI if you see more than 5 daily challenges available restart your game, the ones from yesterday aren't clearing out and they don't update if you clear them.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

My World Boss Daily is only participate, maybe they switched them from complete to participate after the first batch this morning. Does anyone have a WBU daily that is complete not participate after the daily reset this morning?

I do have a clear Villain Siege Hard which would be difficult for newer players so maybe they have participate/clear that are random.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Finally got Gwenpool to 6*, should I buy her costume while its on sale? Already picked up Elsa's.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Does Moon Knight need his uniform to be top tier?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cool, was just going based on this.

I am lacking in combat anyway so guess its worth ranking him up even if isn't accurate.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

True. These things just tend to burn a whole in my pocket. I nerd out for sharing that advancement notice with my alliance.

I have 1 Mega Rank up ticket, 4 6* tickets, 8 5* tickets and 3 4* tickets sitting in my inventory, finally broke down and got the bio sub so plan on using them up soonish. Was saving my Mega Ticket for Clea but she is already 3* and not even done with Black Magic Woman yet so might just use a 4* and 5* on Clea. Maybe use the Mega on the new Ragnarok character if its available and good.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

Thanks.

One more question for anyone that can help. I'm still at 0/15 [ISO-8] Combines to unlock Cable, for The Shining ISO 1-3. I've upgraded tons of ISOs of all ranks since he was released. Am I missing something obvious?

Combine not upgrade, combine means you take 2 of the same type and upgrade them to +5 then you can combine them. ie two 2* Green isos to +5 then combine to end up with one 3* Green iso.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I had been using the converter to dump excess phoenix feathers since its not high enough to trade for crystals yet. But by doing that I actually ran through my guks so now I am struggling to get enough guks to keep my roster gear upgraded, and most if not everything in the Processor requires guks too. Seems there is a running joke that guk crate rewards are garbage cause people have so many of them, not sure if I am in a weird place or just missing something obvious as too why my supply is so low. For the record I do 5-6 sets of story missions a day, all the epic quests missions and daily rifts to 3 completion, basically I do everything available in the Status Board each day plus tracking/story. Might just be that I hit a spot where I have been getting a bunch of 6* over the past few weeks and upgrading them so I can push Shadowlands floors.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I'm constantly short on GuKs too, I am assuming the people overloaded on them have been playing a lot longer than me, I've been playing a few months and in the last month or so have got a bunch of guys to 6* and am limited by Guks to get them to 4/15. I do ~5-6 sets of story missions a day plus all the available epic quests and daily, dimension 3x etc. Only thing I don't do daily is co-op invasion because 90% of the time I get basic white boxes so have never really seen the appeal of spending energy on that over using on story missions. I've got about ~25 to 6* in the past month or so, just can't keep up with GuKs, starting to focus on getting more t2 ready rather than 6* so assuming it will stabilize once I get my existing 6* to 4/15+.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

It's still worth playing if you enjoyed the basic game, I am not planning on spending any more money on it till I see how they handle the lootbox thing, if that becomes a trend I will probably just continue playing it casually but not spending any money anymore, (till it shuts down like MH RIP)

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

I tried to beat 12-7 last night, this time using Wolverine with Beast lead and Valkyrie in party (does Surtur count as a super villain for her T2 shield maiden boost?). I got him to about half, had a few close calls but it was easy to avoid his attacks at first so I could heal up. My 5 whiffed quite a few times. I didn't see the unhittable icon up, but the skill would go on cooldown and Wolverine would just stand there, so that didn't help. Eventually Surtur just one shot me and I'm not sure how. Do I need to buckle down and figure out cards and work on getting my isos from 4 to 6 stars? Or keep practicing until I figure out Surtur's attacks and avoid them better? I'll try again tonight with Dr. Strange but don't have ancient one to T2 yet, so that's some damage left on the table. And I don't have Jean yet, I'm almost to my second T2 mutant.

My Beast, Wolverine and Valkyrie party are 16,331 Team ATK. Hela, Sharog and Valk are 17,017 - Sharon does more damage but doesn't have Wolverine's recovery. Recommended ATK for the level is 22,725. I could probably plow through it continuing with gems but that seems like a waste, especially if Odin is harder. It would be nice to get to chapter 13 if its easier to get event currency this week for the T2 ticket but I'm thinking my account isn't up for it until I get Jean or upgrade my cards (I just have a random bunch of 3-5 stars I equipped a few months ago).

I had trouble too till I put a 1* mastery Red Hulk as my lead, the immune to burn made it a ton easier, might have to kite a few times on Wolverine to get health up but other than that it was pretty straightforward, used a 3* Red Hulk with 1* mastery as lead then Wolvie and Strange but never had to swap to Strange.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

Did they do this by VIP level or something? I didn't get any free crystals . . .

Make sure you restart the game, they didn't show up this morning till I restarted.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Dravs posted:

I guess I'm doing the dormammu quest since that was the first one and I just picked it? Should I carry on with it, or switch to a different one? Are the others easier?

Also

Why is this significant?

Some Shadowland floors require Villains and decent villains aren't as common as Heroes

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Today one of my quests was complete co-op mission

Mission: use co-op skill more than 3 times

RIP no crystals today

You can do it, it only took me ~10 tries trying off and on throughout the morning. I just close the game if it looks like it has no chance of happening. Try taking a weak character in and take damage with it so that the boss bar doesn't fill up, then once all 3 co-op are used swap to a strong character and burn it down. It's a pain in the rear end for sure but doable, alternatively I think the boss resets in ~6 hours so you can see what the option is then.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

I never play the night of reset because I sleep early but this means I already missed a full day of X-23 runs??

HORSESHIT

You didn't miss much, the bios come from the first time clear reward, the rewards on subsequent runs are pretty garbage so not really worth running more than once.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I got on last night and did the X23 chapters so I was able to just run chapter 4 a second time. It was mixed results. The positive is I got half a million in gold. The negative is I got 0 X23 bios. That sucks.

I used tickets to get her to 5/6 and worst case I can gear her up through the lab like the Ultimates. But I don't know if the Chapters are worth playing past the first clears. I'll probably do them today and tomorrow and see how it goes. Just less WBI for a few days.

Best reward I got from replaying Chapter 4 was a 3* obelisk

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Oh man, the Shadowland Rumble Camera! You guys weren't kidding! Why would someone do this?! Argh!!

Apparently it’s a bug so hopefully fixed soon.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I'm stuck there, too.

On Strange, I'm stuck needing 1200 Norn Stones of Chaos, which are equally hard to come by. I've been stuck there for months, I think. But I'm finally nudging up to be able to plink at World Bosses, so maybe I can finally make progress.

Have you tried the World Boss Beginner stages instead? They are significantly easier and still give T2 mats just not as many.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

I was going to use my Mythic Costume token on Ultron

Please don't do this, it hurts me to think of you doing this.

A good use for the token, depending on what happens with Black Panther update, is to use it on Loki or Thor with their Ragnarok uniforms. Then you do their cinematic battle stage and get a pretty good Mythical Card.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Leveling gear from 15-20 requires character bios. Unless you buy $ chests, the only method of procuring Anti-Man bios is through the Lab converter, where it would take you years so good luck w that

That said, he's fine at 15 so you can just accept this and move on with your life

Chests are gone anyway, Lab Converter is currently the only way to get them.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Speaking of, my X-23 literally only needs 6-9 bios to T2 and I bought 20 speed 10x conversions and have yet to see a single bio; so anecdotal claims that her rates are significantly worse than the Universal guys are anecdotally confirmed

I have bad news, she uses the x-gene converter not speed.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's what happened to me. For some reason I thought it was a t2 mega ticket, but just a regular. THough that means I got Valkyrie T2 a few weeks earlier than I expected. Next up Quasar.

Extreme BP is really loving hard. I made him as powerful as I possibly could, and I still can't get past the first part. Its not Klaw, but his minions that kill me.

The splash screen says there is a event quest, But I don't see anything, just the 2 week sign in event. Also where is the Trivia thing? I looked everywhere.

And as I t2 Valk, I tried the final Thor Legendary, and I still cannot beat it. You'd think all 4 characters being t2 and maxed out would be enough, but Hela just kills Loki, Hulk and Valk in the first 3 seconds and then thor goes down.

I did that when all my guys were still t1, Thor should barely take any damage with 5,3,1,2,4,1 - repeat, this keeps him in invuln or iframe pretty much the whole fight.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Drax, Yellowjacket, Ronin, Rocket, Yondu, and Nebula. They cost energy to farm but eventually you'll need to do this daily anyway to get cards, uniform kits, and debris.

I thought dimension rifters were characters you couldn't directly farm but they had a chance to show up in other missions, like Clea, Vulture, Angela etc.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, its a matter of terminology.

Characters whose bios can be obtained by playing their Dimension Rifts: Loki, Wasp, Giant Man, Modok, Ultron, Ant-Man, Nebula, Drax, Rocket, Ronin, Yondu. I called them "Dimension Rifters".

Characters whose bios can be obtained by chance by playing certain missions Special Missions they might shift into: Gwenpool, Inferno, Clea, Vulture. I called them "Dimension Shifters".

Angela is actually in a separate group I failed to list. Players you can't actively target in missions but who you can use bio selectors on. You might get random Angela bios from her shifting into missions, Alliance Battle, the Lab, or something like that but the "easiest" way to get her is with the big bio packs you can acquire. Characters like Sharon Rogers, Moon Knight, Silk, Miles Morales, etc fall into this spot. Its a tough group for me to "rank" because how hard it is to get these characters depends entirely on whether you're getting bios from Shadowland every week or not. So if you're early in its totally worth using tickets to get Sharon Rogers so you can get to the point where you can easily get Shadowland bios to feed to Miles or someone.

Oh yeah, I misread it, I was referring to Dimension Shifters. Carry on.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Yeeesh. T2 Spidey 2099, 6* Mastery Wolverine and Quicksilver (who is level 58), and I still can barely make a dent in the Surtur mission. Is there a trick to him other than 'just get Thanos leveled up and unlock Phoenix?"

If you have Red Hulk even with 1 star mastery make him the lead, makes you immune to fire damage should be able to kill him with Wolverine then. Red Hulk doesn't need to be fully leveled, just 1* with 1* Mastery is enough.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

And to counter my post earlier, reasons NOT to buy the Ultimates: I've been slowly doing the bio processor to work on Blue Marvel when I have spare mats. I decided to drop $9 to just finish him since I had him at 20/20/18.9/18.0. 80 bios and 40 more pulls on the processor lever later I'm at 20/20/20/19.5.

Clearly the moral of the story here is you should have spent $18.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I cleared 6 spaces on friends. I play daily and am on a quest to T2 everybody like my friend ateatree did. I also pop Rifts daily because I still love this game.

ICR THE SUN GOD. Add me.

Shameful that ateatree did it before you, much face have you lost.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

The Dave posted:

Oh wait why is the X-Men event gone now? Should I wait to do special missions/timeline until after maintenance tonight?

I think its done, the Shop should be in after the update tonight I assume.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

bagrada posted:

I don't see that Colossus has his roar. Does this game even have combat sound bites? I usually play muted because I got sick of the title scene music two days in.

I hope Emma Frost is like $50,000 to buy and isn't overpowered at all, just a blingy showcase for the megawhales.

You can turn off the music in the options and leave the sound effects on. I usually play on mute too but when I do have the sound on I turned off the music.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cinara posted:

Worst Alliance is mostly non-goons at this point I think.

Sounds like it should be renamed to 'Best Alliance' then

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I team Punisher with Moon Knight and they usually can take down a speed level together. This week I combined Daredevil with Elektra to take down an early Blast floor. Ultron I'm always struggling with but he usually proves useful in some teamup of Universal and/or villain.

I might try Elsa on Floor 15 though because she often ends up left over at the end of my week and I work a pretty small margin of room passing the Conquest floors. Thanks for that.

But T2 Vision can solo a Universal floor, T2 Falcon with his new costume can sole late Blast stuff including Rumbles and Rocket, and T2 Iron Man can solo a Combat Rumble if you just keep his 3 shields up the whole time. Although he can use an energy boost and some fodder on his team so he doesn't get jumped right away.

T2 Ultron can solo SL17 Destroyer boss, I usually save him for that.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Really? Because I've just been trying him on lower level Universal and/or Villain stages and I can't manage to make it work at all. Its weird that he'd get effective later on but I guess it sort of makes sense if he isn't vulnerable to any particular Wave/Rumble aspects and gets the double Universal/Villain bonus.

For some reason I can just never get the timing of his iframes and shield down.

Yeah pretty much just good against Destroyer Boss though, its just the two mobs and his clones can tank their damage. I go 5/4/1/2/3 then run around till 5 is off cooldown. Can usually sneak another i-frame ability in but safer to just run.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Question, I have a bunch of bios building up and I’m wondering who I put them into.

I have Cable at 6/6 Stars at Level 56. So it’s tempting to advance him towards 60 to wreck Ultimate World Boss.

My other options are Quicksilver who is 6/1 stars and at 55.

Thanos is 4/1 Stars at level 46.

Lastly I have Scarlet Witch at 1 star and level 37. I could work at getting her to 6 stars to unlock the Apocalypse world boss battle.

The other option is I have all the X-Men at Tier 2 except for Storm. She’s on 774 M’Kran Shards and once I hit 1000 I will Tier 2 her. That will get me Jean Grey. She’s another Tier 2 I can funnel bios into, right?

I'd go Cable > QS > Jean > Thanos > Switch

Tempting to go for Jean right away but since you are relatively close on Cable and QS I'd finish them off first but going all out for Jean wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I used this weeks 6* rank up ticket on She Hulk as I almost had her to 6* on her own, so I can get her ready to t2 sooner. The Hero Tokens are way more difficult to rack up than the chaos ones.

Did they decrease the difficulty for Apocalypse WB or did Wolverines new costume make him that much better? Though it drives me nuts how targeting works. I'll have Wolverine standing next to Apoc and hit one of his skills and instead of attacking the boss, he goes across the screen and attacks one of the obelisks. wtf?
This is me with Quicksilver in Alliance Battle Normal oh hey here I am surrounded by a bunch of mooks, I could use my tornado to gather them up and punch them in the face, orrrrrr I could dash all the way across screen and grab that one guy that is hanging out by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Zokari posted:

Imagine being so desperate you have to resort to Modok to clear Shadowland. Truly shameful. :mmmhmm:

What's worse having to resort to using Modok or choosing to use Modok.