Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Will not stand for this Korean War on Hot Time though. How dare they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

navyjack posted:

Ghost Rider, Hulk, and Punisher all had cool 2099 versions, iirc

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Celery Jello posted:

yes thank you I am very woke

Also god, the newbie returning items are really screwing with my understanding of progression. I’m still steamrolling story missions and have yet to hit a point where I’m dying so I know what to actually grind.

Everything. Until you hit chapter 11, or possibly 12, dying shouldn't actually be a concern for any given 6/60 (and the rewards should ensure you have at least one) in any grindable content. You're likely to not have most of the characters that story bios yield though, so you grind them regardless of challenge. Also the special mission bios, which you can only grind for 20m per day without paying cash (do not do this). Grind all the things until you have a nice stable of 6* characters, then you can get down to the real business of grinding the hard things for rarer materials, which get you better characters, which lets you grind the hard things even harder. Dehumanize yourself and face to grinding.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Nails posted:

Speaking of She-Hulk, is it just me, or is she banned from the selectors now? I haven't seen her as an option every time I've done the Alliance store selectors, and I think when I've gotten any other selector short of the paid one, I haven't seen her either. Her profile still mentions unlocking her through Battleworld, but before this weekend, I felt like I hadn't seen a Battleworld since I started playing again. And all of the rewards lately are either comic cards or ISOs. So I guess what I'm really asking here is if there's a better way other than a paid bio sub or a ticket to rank her up?

None of the A-Force characters are available from generic selectors, but they're all available from typed selectors, like the dailies.

e: apparently two people answered while I had the tab open? Whoops.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 31, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
You can't auto-repeat unless you have three stars.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

スパイダーマン or get the gently caress out of here, netmaabu

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Realistically it's probably fucken Miguel, but Miguel doesn't summon a goddamn giant robot so he's worthless.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Future Fight you are making a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DAfEBkRfU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

NmareBfly posted:

E: oh and there's mega-T2 tickets too but they cost $80(?) and they've never given one away.

They show up in Platinum Boxes when those events are on.

~That's how I got mine~

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Wizchine posted:

Sunk cost fallacy, but I've already got Ant Man at rank 5, with 101/320 bios for rank 6 so I'm going to 6/6/60 him (but not T2 him).

Or at least 6/?/60 him.

He's fine, he's just not great anymore. Doubly so if you already have Elsa from the same token set at 6/T2. Hell, my Lash is 420 because it's impossible to not get those tokens and not a ton of things to do with them past a certain point. Just don't feel it necessary to throw important resources at these guys due to this fallacy.

Actually, Lash was 420+150 for a natural T2 even, but I didn't want to spend the other mats for such a piece of garbage so I eventually consumed them.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is KK's good? I'm not sure how I feel about paywall characters needing to buy upgrades, particularly this soon (Carnage/Hypeman would have felt less weird).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MarcusSA posted:

Wbi clears.

They're random.

This of course means there's a bunch of ways you can not get your 25 daily crystals now, which is making me pretty annoyed. I counted out when I'd finally hit 6600 before the patch, and now I'm already at least one day behind. Technically the weekly could get it back (next week; there's not enough days to get it before this reset), but that would require not getting any whammies for the next couple weeks after getting one day one.

Obviously I could fix this for $3, but this is the sort of thing that has me less inclined to do so, even though that purchase itself hasn't lost any value.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Blorknorg posted:

I was about to complain about one of my dailies being 'clear alliance battle normal mode' because frankly I can't even do that reliably.

Oh hey, that's exactly the one I failed! I can clear most days, and probably even Female day if I think about it correctly, but I didn't take Floki because Floki is slow and boring and I didn't read that it said "clear" so I didn't think it'd matter. I mean, that's on me, but I don't like that it was even a possibility.

Also, I had a World Boss clear, which is cake at my level (the only reason I'm not at least 32/35 any given week is laziness), but makes for two pretty guaranteed failures for anybody relatively new. poo poo, also had Villain Siege: Hard, which isn't trivial for new rosters. As it stands, the less you need the free currency (because you've spent plenty over time to bulk up), the more easily you can unlock it. That doesn't seem right. Well, it does if your goal is to convince people early on that they must drop copious :10bux: to get anywhere, in the hopes that when they need it less they're already in the habit, but that's the other kind of "not right".

Also, I think the energy rewards for most of the common tasks are lower than they used to be, and the 6/18 clear unlocks don't actually make up for the difference. I'm getting less enthused the more I think about it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

The lost guarantee of 25 daily diamonds a day may actually be not a big deal if you're getting an extra 30 for every 30 challenges you complete. That might not come every 5 days but it means even if you only get 3 or 4 in a day you can still add up to get the 30 after a week or so. I don't know the math on that.

We'll find out Thursday, but it sure looks like the circle resets weekly. In that case, you can fail up to five challenges and still get the 30, but since that means you're guaranteed to miss bare minimum one day's 25 if you fail any, you're pretty much breaking even in the best case. If it was just a rolling every-30 I'd be way more fine with it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Very rude, RNGesus.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also summon skills.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
If you're ever sitting on a bunch of gold, remember that the most generic T2 passive includes a percent increase to the bonus damage part of your skills. The more you upgrade those, the more the passive's bonus is actually doing for you. It's... not typically a lot, but it's there. Characters with flavored T2 passives don't even consider this ever.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's not like she's bad, she just not life changing.

I still use Lincon + Thors pretty regularly.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Really not pleased that the maintenance started early, maybe one run into popping the special. Got the day's crystals, but still rude.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I think rifts are basically guaranteed to finish, but getting three seems more chaotic.

edit: the second non-complete one I saw was at <50% when I spotted it, and when I finished a single run it was complete without crediting me, meaning it finished in the minute or so I was running it. I think rifts may sort of have to be ticket only in this brave new world. They're not great for XP, so that's probably not a problem.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 13, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

punchymcpunch posted:

if theyre guaranteed to finish then you just need to get in one, cos you can pop two yourself

This is not actually true for most players.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Your second rift search comes at VIP7, yeah.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Underreported facet of the boost change:

The max DRift EN reduction is still 14->9, for 4 boost.

Story c1-10 is still 4->3, for 6 boost. The higher chapters are what they were before, (8?->5) for the same boost cost.

If you want to grind a low story, you should probably burn your boost on something more rewarding first.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Tom Gorman posted:

skurge but not kurse, this is bullshit

i need to be able to farm goks in this phone game

Yo, gently caress this.

He stood alone at Gjallerbru.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The people in the comments for that update who think that's a bad uni for Wolverine must never have faced a Wolverine with a 50% invuln obo and some recovery rate increases. 10% Defense (standard) and 15% Damage Reduction is just going to make it even harder to burst past the invuln trigger safely.

May god have mercy on us all, any week where Wolverine isn't banned. And even then, Alliance Conquest is going to be about how many members can spread their Wolverines around the map fastest.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Put it on auto and walk away if you don't have a nuke. It's not worth the hassle, but it is worth doing for the 1.2m gold at week end and 500 honor tokens per day. More if you manage to off some minnows who are also failing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

b0ng posted:

Warlock is a native T2 (allegedly) and magneto was a T1.

God those assclowns on Reddit are super salty about this update.

The patch notes confirm that he's native T2, there's no allegedly about it. Magneto was t1 but between getting him at 6 and the flood of bios you get just for doing the Wolverine quest (to say nothing of his personal stage) he was actually easier to get to t2 than getting Warlock's t2 boost will be (those only really reach full power at 60). If his cost is that close to Mags, and it doesn't come with the benefit of an extremely efficient energy->native t2 fuel converter it will definitely feel kind of shity.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

It seems like a random roll thing like obelisks. You can do it and you might get lucky but you also might get a downgrade and have to keep rolling.

It doesn't seem worth it to me unless you're flush with mythic cards. But it takes so long to upgrade them that it doesn't strike me as something I'll be doing any time soon. And I'm mainly focusing on getting one of every card to fill those collections.

There's a lot of cards that are no good at even at 6*, and they register in the collection instantly. There's no reason for them to take up inventory space if they can potentially turn a rank 1 good card into something you may want to actually use.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Steve Vader posted:

So I have Proxima Midnight. Is she worth the effort to level up? Because she demands crazy resources. I'm tempted to blow forty bucks on the drat mega-6 stuff being offered, along with the crystals that would mean I could unlock Magneto a lot more quickly.

The Black Order characters cost half to level that essentially all other Native T2s do (Quicksilver is the same, Cable might be but he's mutant track not BAM so it's different), so good luck with that.

Also, in case those thoughts were related, you can't ticket up native T2s.

Cinara posted:

Roughly $30 but you can get some bonus stuff along with it. Or like $5 something (1.5 months worth) if you just buy the Stark's Stash which is 75/day for $3.50 a month and a way better deal than anything else you can get in this game.

This is only relevant if you have a time machine, since the Panther bundle being 3300 is a sale, not a price change, and it ends next week. I mean, it's still the best deal going, but by the time you get 3300 out of stashes it will definitely be 5500 again, and that means a third month purchased.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Netgaz, unless I missed a day we only got enough tokens for 140 Angel bios, which is fine since everybody gonna Angel drift for ages, but 140 isn't even quite 4*. Why the hell did you feel the need to attach a daily limit stopping us from blitzing to all of 3*? I mean really.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

fart simpson posted:

How do you T2 her?

When you buy her, the package turns into Emma bios for 1250c. On average, you'll need three of them.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The Dave posted:

lolol at Inhumans winning, not that I believe any of it. But I guess they closed off Xmen so quickly a lot of people probably just hopped on. Colossus stuck at 19/19/18/18 forever.

They close off whichever side has too many people whenever it happens, making the entire exercise basically a coin flip based on the exact time the event ends. It's stupid.

I sort of doubt the extra 20 bios you'd get for winning would have finished Colossus off though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

verbal enema posted:

Oh my bad Sharon Rogers

Captain Sharon is in the generic selectors you can get from the alliance store daily, and also the daily 8 pack if you roll blue. Do not buy the biometrics package and waste days on her.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Reddit was praising the Corvus costume as making him into a late stage contender, so yeah maybe.

Somebody also reported that Bucky soloed SL30 in ~15s though, and he's apparently a monster on timeline for use now that QS is banned from time to time. So there's that.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I used the t2 selector from today on Star-Lord in the vain hope that he'll get another nearly identical looking costume for this movie in wave 2, and that will finally make him usable as something other than a stat stick to swap off of or let die immediately. That isn't the important thing I did with a gift today though.

You know that premium box we got?

Infinitely full of hype. Finally found a use for the mega-t2 that'd been mocking me in my inventory for like a year now. This is a good anniversary.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The Dave posted:

Also buy them all because they might be requirements for extra stats on costumes you own and use.

To wit.

I'm excited to finally have Blingpin, years after he stopped being usable.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

twistedmentat posted:

I am legit surprised he and Pyslock haven't been introduced. Abs and rear end right there.

rear end? In this game? Surely you jest.

Psylocke is, however, a big part of the era of X-Force they're apparently looking at (Stryfe aside), so I wouldn't be terribly shocked. Most of the rest of the people you two mentioned are not.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

twistedmentat posted:

I'm just thinking of popular X-men characters, less about team synergies.

Also X-force costume for Laura maybe? Though weren't we shown ANAD Wolverine costume for her?

The blades era X-Force logo is on the promo pic, so the best feels safe.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, okay. I just swapped out Psylocke with Quicksilver and it was cake. No idea why Psylocke wasn't even making a dent, though. Maybe Domino has Mind Resist or something?

You were also intentionally using blast against speed, which is an automatic damage disadvantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

twistedmentat posted:

Is Weapon Hex a sub character? She's two Waifus in one!

After buying the premium, I have 3k crystals again, so I'd say it gets you good returns, plus it should you get most of the way to getting Pyslock to t2, which is pretty good.

Yes, and X-Gene not bio, so enjoy.