Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The time skipping sequence at the end was really familiar, especially since Andromeda had a similar concept for an episode (which I really enjoyed) but I just realized what made it so familiar: The scene with old 5 is a rehash of a scene from 1969.

Fun episode, and as a person who knows french hearing 3 speak french was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

"I bet this picture will get me two million upvotes on reddit!"

It was great how the kids change from suspicion to admiration when they find the spaceship.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Final scene was great, the music gave me chills. Definitely feels like they padded out the season though, they should have introduced the alien subplot earlier.

Hopefully this marks the end of Ryo Ishida getting saddled with terrible writing because he was actually enjoyable to watch this episode!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The writers seem to have a plan, they're just very bad at setting it up. All the episodes that clearly lay out future plot points, i.e. the robot revolution, the black oil aliens and Ryo rejoining the Raza with a Zairon fleet are all in the back end of the season.

They put too much emphasis on the corporate war when it was supposed to be the lead-in to the alien invasion in the season finale, and they decided to drag out the Zairon politics subplot until the end, when it would have been better to cut it off earlier. There were also a few episodes (like the time travel episode) that just spun the wheels even if it was great.

• Locked thread