Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I'm glad Nyx is dead. I really didn't like that character last season.

Also really lol-ing at the fact that they didn't realize it was a clone before shooting Ryo.

:rip: Poochie Nyx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if Nyx's actress was busy or if there was a reason they killed her off. Her char was kinda poorly developed but her dying was just pointless. I don't think anyone was even invested enough to care.

Ryo owns and so does Space Imperial :japan:. I hope he survives the series and ends up winning somehow but he probably gonna die

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Its kind of weird how they keep temporarily writing him off the show, since they did the same thing last season with his injuries.

Also I don't know if they actually killed that General guy or you're supposed to assume he was just in a clone body.

Roger Cross cannot be contained to just one show!

I assume the General was the real person or they would've said / showed he was a rapid transit clone.

GreenNight posted:

I mean look he has like 14 other shows he needs to guest star in.

Also apparently they needed people to replace Nyx and the doctor.

I wonder if new Tabor and not Nyx will be better than junkie doctor and Nyx. I mean, it would be pretty hard to be worse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was a fun episode. 3 and Android are definitely the best.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Android is the best character, Three is second best, so of course them doing a duet of Dominique is probably going to be the best thing this otherwise average show will ever produce :allears:

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quick and dirty:

bts extended cut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ1LxOhOo84

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Southern belle android :swoon:

Knives 1 Black mentor 0 :japan: I guess this will lead into the people rising up and murdering Ryo / the fall of House Ishida.

e: I guess no one is making a Killjoys thread? Johnny's plotline is pretty poo poo imo. lol they couldn't even get the actress back

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 1, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I think their worldbuilding just sucks. I know there are some corporations who are at war but have no idea what they're fighting over. Then there's Space Japan where as far as I can tell their only real goal is to just continue being Space Japan. Most of the main characters aren't nearly strong enough to carry this and like you said no "oh poo poo" sort of villain.

Don't worry, Ferrous corp is only 6 months away from winning the "war". That has all been offscreen lol

McTimmy posted:

I don't even know who Space Japan's fighting beyond nebulous "enemies".

Also this

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Minimal

Effort :geno:

Android owns no matter which universe she comes from.

Shame, Not Tabor Adrian was growing on me.

Wait so Ferris Corp man is pretty certain they will win in 6 months or less but Mikkei Combine still thinks Ferris and the other corporations will basically wipe themselves out. At this point I'm expecting Ryo to find another 4 fleets and decisively win the war against the nebulous enemy he's been fighting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This season everytime Ryo has been talking about the war there have been those holograms that represent either planets or systems. Either way, there are like 5-6 of them so their war isn't very big in the grand scheme of ALL OUT and offscreen CORPORATE WAR. And even last season they mentioned they Pyr was being backed by a corporation or two. I don't think Space :japan: has any corporate backers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Then who are they fighting? They're clearly losing ships...

They are fighting Pyr, which is probably some other independent empire like Zairon. The joke of them being nebulous is that the show has never shown a single person that works for them, or their ships, or emblem or anything really. poo poo now I want Pyr to be a celestial object like an asteroid or just an uninhabited planet that is somehow winning the war.

:ssh: Also Dark Matter and Killjoys are shot in Toronto

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silly corporation, Roger Cross has done enough sci-fi shows to know about your VR tricks. FTL into a celestial object was pretty :black101:

Jeez I wonder what Three did that makes his avatar girlfriend(and the android?) hate him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Emperor Ishida is benevolent :japan: until he threatened to keep coming after the crew even if they destroyed the blink drive because he has to be a cartoon villain

:stonklol: holy poo poo Five casually talking about turning that hacker dude into a loving vegetable

You'd think with all the times the Android has been compromised they would have come up with a plan for this occasion.

Hot chocolate!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"In...dispensible"

Show really needs to do more goofy episodes like this one. 2's dog face, Android's obsession with the past, characters actually having fun and not just constantly scowling at everything.

Blink drive should malfunction at least once a season and send them to a new and wacky time period for hijinx.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Of course the science fiction show made between 2005-present flies directly to the area of Vancouver.

:ssh: It's filmed in Toronto aka New East Vancouver

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Well, this is a little awkward" :roboluv:

Can't wait for the robot uprising!

Yo, that was a good episode but it probably should have happened way earlier than midway through the third season.

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The boob conversation was :laffo: and :3: "Boobs booooooobs"

I loved the Mikkei Combine doctor. Yea we need to stop them. Nuke the site. :suicide:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ferris Corp is 1 month away from winning their offscreen corporate war! The status quo is about to be changed forever! :v:

Ryo dropping all the truthbombs tonight. Three gave Sarah space cancer lol but then couldn't deal with that fact :(

Poor Ryo, losing his space empire again :japan:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So what is Five's supposed to be? That her sister died when trying to visit her?

:iiam:

I mean there is totally a plan you guys. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I personally think it's the businesswoman (whose name I cant remember right now) from last season who had been hunting Five for the Blink Drive key. She wanted Five bad, and she's clearly from a well-off family.

I like this and now I want it to be the reveal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teku owns and Wexler owns. :ohdear: Roger Cross.

Woo corporate war! And now I guess it's over. Woo alien war!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I personally think it's the businesswoman (whose name I cant remember right now) from last season who had been hunting Five for the Blink Drive key. She wanted Five bad, and she's clearly from a well-off family.

You were very close. Alicia Reynaud(business lady) was her mom.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TTerrible posted:

I feel like I've missed an episode somewhere. Was there any previous hint before the finale that two was infected?

No, but I assume the Ferris Corp lady infected her after they were captured.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'll just assume the aliens came in and killed everyone. The End.

I wonder if they will cancel Killjoys too?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

I have a feeling they wanted to pick one of those to keep and it ended up being Killjoys.

Yea could be. Though you would think they would pick the one with better ratings. :shrug:

I hope they don't end up cancelling Killjoys now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BoneMonkey posted:

Killjoys is a better show, but the acting and dialog is just so loving bad. If they just stopped trying to make every character witty, (and killed the main lady off she is a terrible actor in both her roles.) Then I would totally love that show.

As people have said, The plot and pacing is great, the setting is great, even the characters and their arcs are great. Its just the dialog is so goddamn bad.

holy poo poo 100% this

There are some good lines once in a while, but you don't need every single loving character spouting quips all the goddamn time. It definitely wasn't this bad in s1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

What he has going for him is that Syfy, MGM, etc don't own the show. He can bring it to any network that is willing to pick it up.

He asked Syfy if he could do a 6 episode mini series to close out the show, and they told him to get lost.

Maybe he should show them his napkin where he planned out the 5 season storyline :v:

• Locked thread