Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I remember going out of last season wanting horrible things to happen to Piscatella. They REALLY didn't need to take it that much further than last season but boy did they ever. That flashback was genuinely chilling though.

I'm gonna be honest, I want to like this show more than I do. This season was a great idea marred by lovely execution because the show runners often write themselves into corners.

Also the Pennsatucky storyline this season was inexcusably poo poo. I'm convinced that Jenji Kohan is either incapable of or doesn't want to write healthy heterosexual relationships. I guess you could say Vinnie and Lorna, and admittedly it's tough to write a heterosexual relationship in a show focused on female prison inmates, but seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

The Vinnie and Laura relationship is anything but healthy

I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to this show but now that I made a conscious effort to remember some of the particulars, yeah, you're right. To be fair pretty much every relationship on the show is hosed up now that I honestly think about it. The Pennsatucky thing just REALLY bothered me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Also annoying me for several seasons: All the characters have the same voice.

They did a great job casting a wide range of actors, but I feel like, for example, the redneck girls are more likely to talk about "Serial" than say country music or something those characters would actually give a poo poo about. The show does bring up topics and causes that these characters would probably care about, but the dialogue all sounds like it was written by a white liberal and the only thing that really gets changed maybe it gets said in Spanish or with an accent.

This is really true. Also apropos of nothing I hope Maritza and Flaca aren't going anywhere. They really grew on me this season. :3:

• Locked thread