Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Steve2911 posted:

Nah Suzanne's great. She's a pretty drat spectacular portrayal of someone that's fallen through the cracks and been utterly, hopelessly let down by the system.

I don't really get the hate for Daya either but maybe that's just me.

Agreed on Suzanne (although this season wasn't great for her) but Daya's storyline was stale partway through season one and she's been passively sulking like 85% of the time she's been on screen since then. Thank god it looks like she's gone for good.

Grem posted:

I'm on episode 7, can someone explain what the gently caress is going on with Gloria's family outside? Earlier she said someone was going to die? Now she's on the phone panicking to her son? I feel like I totally missed this plot point.

It gets fleshed out pretty soon afterwards, I think in the next episode - her son was jumped while spending time with a bad crowd and has swelling in his brain that needs to be operated on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Great season though, even if the some of the subplots feel extraneous and meandering. The main plot was very well done for the most part though. Danielle Brooks and Lea DaLaria are incredible actresses, as always, but man, Brooks killed it this season. That cliffhanger was even more evil than last season's because the aftermath could go anywhere!

Lea DaLaria put on an absolute clinic this season - I actually had to pause laughing at the "Ladies and gentlemen, a tap dance" line.

Re: the spoiler, I'm worried for Frieda - sharing her bunker and supplies is kind of the logical endpoint of development for what we've seen of her character.

I feel like everyone else is probably safe on the narrative arc front besides Piper and Alex, and they aren't killing Piper and they've faked out killing Alex enough that by now I won't believe it until I see it. Even if the next season starts with her being shot I'm expecting they're pulling a Savages and faking us out until the end of the episode.

• Locked thread