Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

Was that really Caputo's coke can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

So nobody knew Litchfield had a swimming pool? There would've been a large building visible from the outside. Given that the inmates were tasked with maintenance, I'm surprised only one knew it existed. I mean even Vee hoarded cigarettes for decades; you'd think she'd use a space like that for her legion of doom type plotting.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

ditty bout my clitty posted:

It's a prison riot with dead hostages. In real life several convicts would be beaten until crippled/dead if they put up traps as well.
I wonder if Kohan has seen a single episode of OZ.

Is there a precedent for this in a minimum security women's prison? They didn't even know about the dead hostage until they were already raiding the place, and the Governor had said 'no casualties' when he gave the go-ahead to storm the prison. There was also a tremendous amount of support for the Lichfield prisoners; keep in mind their experiences had been all over social media for the past three days, with millions of views. I doubt the Governor is going to want to deal with the blowback on an election year.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

Cojawfee posted:

I hope they at least cover the process of figuring out what happened in the riot and charging people. I'd be interested in finding out what happens to everyone. I'm sure it will just jump straight to Alex and Piper conveniently sent to the same place and they are making out.

Given that they separated Flaca and Maritza I doubt it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

Cojawfee posted:

Yes, but those are nonwhite nonmain characters. Even after all the crimes that Alex and Piper commit together, they keep getting put in the same prison at every step.

The MCC lady has dirt on them, and she's going to use that to get out ASAP. Though it may take a while; when they did the prisoner count MCC lady made it one heavy but this is canceled out by Chang escaping. Boo obviously has an axe to grind, but so does Caputo, who might maliciously play dumb about who she is for as long as possible as payback.

The Latinas and White Supremacists/Nazis teaming up as 'Team Latte' was surprising, but it also kind of reminded me of that part in American History X, where people's convictions only go so far as to how it benefits them, and if your racial ideals are getting in the way of profit or self-preservation then all that conveniently goes out the window.

Piscatelli died because his heart was too sizes too small, simple as that. His biology is based on Grinch biology obviously.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

Cojawfee posted:

I guess this season was more about being an idiot and screwing over everyone else.

Maria and Gloria were each so desperate to make sure their kid was ok/have a relationship that they were willing to turn on everybody else. In Maria's case, it was trying to negotiate a shorter sentence to be with her baby during that critical period of her development. In Gloria's case, it was finding out her son was critically injured. At least Taystee and company were thinking beyond their own immediate needs; for them the most personal thing was justice for Poussey but they were also advocating better conditions in the prison for everyone, not just them.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

At least Tayatee's agenda benefits other inmates. Maria and Gloria were only in it for themselves.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

That one inmate giving the CO a stroke is what did them in. They should've taken the bullets out of the gun in the first place, keeping it loaded was the dumbest thing, at least keep the safety on ffs. They also should've been keeping closer tabs on that CO; Tayatee's should've had Cindy keeping an eye out so other inmates didn't gently caress with him which is exactly what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

Reality Winner posted:

S5x6 I'm stunned that Piscatella telling Ruiz that she was getting years tacked on to her sentence with no hearing or nothing was enough to push her over the deep end and in to hardcore gangster mode. How dumb are these people. Please storm the prison and kill everyone.

Inmates would get shots for the most petty of reasons, randomly searched and several women got straight up raped by guards. I wouldn't be shocked if Ruiz took what Piscatella said at face value because she had so much at stake and so much working against her.

• Locked thread