Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Great season overall, probably the best since season one. There was a huge theme of the Trolley Dilemma, as in there were so many times a character had to make a choice that benefited just themselves or the prison at large. No one hosed it up as bad as Tastee did, though. The last episode would have been much different if there were any other inmate near her with a backbone able to say "Yes" to Fig's offer.

Freida insisting that the bunker was the safest place to be turned out to be just the opposite. I expected some casualties in the siege, mostly: the girls who laid traps because the guards would've gotten pissed; Gloria, because she was hiding in the dark and then scampering around a "secured" part of the prison; and I was totally expecting either Donuts or Pennsatucky to get shot by that gun. But everyone was safe, except the ten in the bunker could live or die.

Piscattella and Poussey both got killed by an inexperienced guard. It was pretty obvious that guy was going to kill someone because they introduced him as like a new antagonist halfway through the last episode.

I hope Daya is gone for good. Remember how horrible her storylines with the one-legged guard were? And they had to remind us of it with that mural she was painting, ugh. Now the meth heads can be the worst characters.

I wonder what they're going to do next season. They have to get the prisoners or what's left of the cast back together and back to Litchfield at some point, right? I imagine it's going to feel back to normal towards the end of next season, but I don't know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah, I know the death was still super fresh at that point, but it was sort of hugely irrational to expect them to be able to decide whether or not Bayley would be prosecuted.

It showed that as highly as the prisoners think about themselves, none of them are that bright and none of them have a real grip on reality outside of the prison structure. It's shown to be a real problem in regards to redevism and their life when they get out. Where's that GED program, MCC?

• Locked thread