Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Open Source Idiom posted:

Also, that was a contract renewal cliffhanger if ever I saw one.

[Not episode specific] It's already got a confirmed season 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

5x10 Nah this is just getting too stupid. Piscatella is a comic book villain. It feels like "well, we already had a guard surprise sex an inmate last season, how can we go darker?".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

Yeah, the Meth Heads just need to go away. They've become just irritatingly stupid, to the point where any time they're involved in the plot, just feels like the scripting turns to Mad Libs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Regarding eps 5x10 to the finale: holy crap, the Piscatella story line was just terrible

For loving real. 5x10-13 Like...what was his motivation for torturing them, and Red in particular? Because she tried to humiliate him, which, at the time, he laughed off? And his flashback only really establishes "Okay, he's a sociopath who doesn't like criminals, because...other criminals attacked and raped his criminal boyfriend?"

People just do Stuff in this season. There's no motivation beyond "Gotta move the plot forward somehow".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2017 around 19:56

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Only on episode 4, but I'm sick of Suzanne and have been for a few seasons now.

Same. I know she's a fan favourite, plus obviously she's the focal point for the commentary on the treatment of mental health, but it feels like they keep going back to the well of "Suzanne goes off the rails again, her friends need to cover for her".

5x13 I'm glad the ending suggests the cast being cut down, though. This season felt, a lot of the time, like they were struggling to spin the plates of every plot being wrapped up.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

Panfilo posted:

That one inmate giving the CO a stroke is what did them in. They should've taken the bullets out of the gun in the first place, keeping it loaded was the dumbest thing, at least keep the safety on ffs. They also should've been keeping closer tabs on that CO; Tayatee's should've had Cindy keeping an eye out so other inmates didn't gently caress with him which is exactly what happened.

Yeah, I was totally expecting someone to try and fire it at a vital point, for example, if Piscatella got hold of it and tried to shoot someone, then discover someone had unloaded it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

I hope piscatella isnt dead but just out cold, next season we learn that by giving no ground he means he should have just killed the inmate he was torturing. maybe as revenge for the shower torture they kill his boyfriend.

5x13 it's confirmed then and there that he's dead. One of the SWAT guys tries to find his pulse and can't. Man's brown bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 18, 2012

Doronin posted:

Same here. But I feel like that actor, Michael Chernus, is starting to get a lot more work. Him as 'Cool Rick' in Patriot (Amazon) is really great. Plus he's about to appear in the Spider-Man movie coming out this week.

There's actually two actors from OitNB in the new Spider-Man. (Slight non-story spoiler for Spider-Man: Homecoming) Selenis Leyva AKA Gloria is Peter Parker's schoolteacher.

• Locked thread