Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Hyrgan's Results

Just as the bulette turns, mouth agape and ready to chomp down on the tiny Doctor, the pitched vial lands perfectly down it's throat! In a matter of explosive indigestion, the beast shudders as lethal arcs of electricity bake it from the inside out, and the creature slumps to the floor of the cart, its reign of terror ended.

As much of a relief as that may be, however, the danger is not over! The cart is still out of control!

Combat is over, but the danger still exists! Who's got an appropriate ride/handle animal check to calm down 4 panicked haulers?

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2017 around 07:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat


Caitlyn Merriweather Charming

Caitlyn rolls back towards victor, stabilizing him as she does, then begins to look over his wounds.

"Someone calm the horses down before I resort to enchanting them. The thing is dead, but victor at least needs healing. Anyone else get caught?


Start by stabilizing victor via cantrip, I can't remember if someone has channel.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Joyce Johnston

With the creatures dead, Joyce breathes a sigh of relief...Then realizes the cart is still barreling forward. "Aw shoot! I knew I fergot somethin'! Hold on, everybody, I got this! C'mon, Thunderstruck!" Spurring her horse to catch back up and go alongside the wagon, Joyce, in a surprisingly swift motion, rolls off of Thunderstruck and onto the wagon, grabbing the reigns and giving the full-stop order. "Sloooow up, y'all! There ain't nothin' ta be runnin' from now!" Knowing how these animals work, she tries to guide them and the wagon onto the side of the road, having Thunderstruck remain alongside them to aid in the coercion.

Calm the horses!: 1d20+10 21

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013


Drumlin

Drumlin blinks, seeing the threat seemingly neutralized. "Well, that was quick. Nice work, everyone," he says, floating gently back to the ground. He puts his unused crossbow away and draws a wand, approaching Viktor. "Thal took a hit, too. Are you all right, Thal?" he asks as he prods at the baron's wounds.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Viktor: 1d8+1 Viktor is healed for 8 points.

Werewhale fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2017 around 16:47

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Nero

As the battle ends Nero casually strolls down the tree. Then picks the top of a tree and entombs it in Darkness, ending the Darkness around himself. He walks up to the now stopped, presumably, cart. "Good work everyone."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Back on the lonesome, dusty trail

As Viktor gets back on his feet, Joyce calms the horses like it was another day at the ranch. Regrouping, the party takes stock of the scene - 2 dead bulettes, one hurt Viktor, and one damaged Thal. Bulette fins are considered a delicacy, and their claws can cleave through rock and dirt, though it might be difficult to haul and eat a literal ton of meat from them. Aside from cleaning up some of the mess created by a large, bleeding creature, the remainder of the day goes rather uneventfully.

More plot coming later today - Feel free to heal/rest up as needed!

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Thal

Thal's head popped up behind the bullette's carcass, where he'd been hanging on for dear life as the wagon bucked from it's wild ride. The circuitry beneath his flesh was glowing as bright as a torch now as motes of light swirled around his vicious cut from the beast's claw, repairing much of the damage.

"I... don't like these things. Too angry," announced Thal, glaring down at the creature, "Too angry by far."

((Repairing Nanites auto-activated as soon as Thal was hit, recovering 6 hp.))

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2017 around 23:03

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Iggy

As Drumlin healed Viktor up, Iggy offered the bard her waterskin. "Have a drink. You might be a little wobbly for a while."

She paused, wanting to compliment him on his speech. He must have been an actor at some point - he had quite the voice. Ultimately she just went with a firm nod and left him to his devices. Words were troublesome beasts and Iggy did not trust herself to wrangle them very well.

Iggy will spend some time carefully excising the claws from the Bulettes. Might be able to use them to make new weapons if this mission proves successful and she can find a talented blacksmith.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Viktor Wlazdek

"Thank you both.", Viktor whispers as he sips the water. "You saved me, Drumlin, and I won't forget that. And Iggy, you gave me water when I was thirsty. Thank you, both, so much. I think I'm just going to sit here for a minute, if that's all right. I don't know that I'm entirely up for walking right now." He gives them a wan smile.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Dr. Hyrgan Thornthwaite

When all the ruckus has passed and the mess has been cleaned, Hyrgan settles for distilling a few brews for the party. "Just in case we encounter more violence in the future. Never hurts to be prepared!" he comments, as the wagon is soon filled with the smells of cinnamon and citrus.

Creating as many Cure Light Wounds potions as the day allows. 2 hour per potion, so likely three or four potions. Distributing them to people on request, otherwise keeping them on my person.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013


Drumlin

"Don't forget to thank Caitlyn, too. She was the one who stopped your bleeding. Let me know if you need anything."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

The Dwarven Hub of Bortevo



As the rest of the day is spent patching up, washing out, and marching on, the mountains of the Bortevo region curve their way into view. Those of Dwarven heritage tend to be communal creatures, keeping to those of their statures. Those who venture out are usually welcomed back, along with the knowledge and skills they've learned on their travels. While metal may be scarce, and can be found in certain areas across Eden's Seed, nowhere is it more concentrated than Bortevo's Hollow Mount. As their physique may suggest, they are a hardy people, preferring colder climes. Moderation and efficiency are virtues of the day, never taking too much, using as much as is taken as best as possible, and always, always keeping a light on for your burrow buddy.

The day/night cycle soon becomes irrelevant as the mass of torch, candle, and lamplights illuminate the Hollow Mount. Witnessing a carved out mountain from the inside provides plenty of eye-straining, neck-craning opportunities, with dry, somewhat dusty air pumping its way through via a complicated bellows system laid into the paved walkways. Every step serves the greater whole, as the transfer of weight and some surprisingly sure footing keeps the giant network quite literally pulsing with the city's heartbeat. With plenty to see and do, the party has all sorts of options!

Locations include:

The Barracks: Communal housing for travelers, with more private rooms for meetings, privacy, etc at a reasonable price
The Undermarket: A descending series of markets and shops, goods range from legal to illicit, with prices to match.
The Mining Coalition: The offices of the various mining families and companies are housed here.
The Maw: The most frequently-used entrance to the mines of the Hollow Mount.

Plenty of other nooks and crannies exist, contacts to be made, and things to be found - all one needs to do is look and ask!

Edit: I'm going to give tomorrow for catching up/prepping for the delve. Talk amongst yourselves! If you do decide to go anywhere, I'll be on hand to flesh it out.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2017 around 05:16

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Joyce Johnston

"Well ain't that a sight ta see..." Joyce comments as she and Thunderstruck continue along the roads of this mountain hub. "This place is busier'n a beehive. Speakin' o'which, iffin' y'all got stuff ya wanna do, now that we're here, I don't mind takin' an hour or two ta get used ta this place. Well, the rest of y'all can, anyway. I'm gonna go ahead an' make sure the folks what hired us know we're here." Continuing to trot along, Joyce still has a look of wonderment in her eyes. She's used to sleepy farm villages, grasslands, and forests; a city, especially one with architecture like this, is completely foreign to her. Guided by a few (hopefully friendly) folk towards the Coalition offices, Joyce dismounts and hitches Thunderstruck to a post before stepping inside, looking to find someone to speak to about the job request.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat


Caitlyn Merriweather Charming

Caitlyn grins at Joyce and nods.

"Sounds like a reasonable plan. I'll tag along with you. We can all meet up at that inn in a couple of hours. Someone ask why the proprietor named it Hansels Folly!".

She gestures to an inn set back a bit front the entrance, it's not the finest but looks snugly kept.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013


Drumlin

Drumlin looks around. He had never taken to the Hollow Mount. It had neither the fresh air of an open space, nor the comfort of an enclosed area. Not to mention that Bertovo was the last place he had been aware of his pursuers. Who knew if they had been lying in wait, keeping watch to see if he'd show his face again. He hides Harold under his beard and keeps his head low.

"I'll come, too," he says in a low voice, his face serious. "Our employer may be pleased to see a dwarf in our party."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Viktor Wlazdek

Viktor mutters something under his breath about ants, but says, "You go ahead. I'm down to the undermarket. No idea what's for sale, but street gossip can tell you as much about what's going on or more than the people 'in charge', and I assume that's true for dwarves too."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Iggy

"I'll accompany you. By your leave." Iggy curtsied towards Viktor. She wasn't certain of the precise etiquette when speaking with nobility, but she'd do her best. With a fare-thee-well-until-we-meet-again in elvish to Caitlyn, she fell in behind the bard. Her eyes were wide as she took in the architecture. She had a nagging feeling that she had seen something like this before, but it nevertheless succeeded in eliciting wonder.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Bortevo - To the Undermarket

As Viktor and Iggy make their way to the Bortevan Undermarket, they receive more than a few peculiar glances. Tall folk aren't rare enough to warrant stalking and suspicion, but are uncommon enough to be worth noticing. For as short as the dwarves tend to be, their information networks move quite fast, as the arrival of the pair is met with shopkeepers moving awnings and hoisting tables to provide a better view. From ingredients to reagents, food to feed, swords to plowshares, items and goods of all manners of quality are available for the right price. Eyes are on the duo, but there's no immediate sense of danger.
Give me some perception rolls if you want to look for anything out of the ordinary, or relevant knowledge skills to narrow down the focus for something specific.

Bortevo - To the Mining Coalition HQ

Riding high in front, Joyce and the rest of the party make their way through crowded city streets, maneuvering through the maze-like intersections and corners of the administrative district to reach the Mining Coalition's administrative offices. Snippets of conversation can be heard amongst the bustle of commerce. "Why does that one smell so wet?" "A rider without a beard?!" "You know, it's so nice to see one of the tall-ears down here. We don't get to visit with them enough!" Drumlin's justifiable paranoia may add to the sense of them being watched, but thus far, there hasn't been much out of the ordinary.

Arriving at the Mining Coalition headquarters, a pair of well-dressed dwarves hold the heavy, albeit short-ish doors open, one of them offering to keep watch over Thunderstruck. The taller members' heads brush against the top of the doorframe upon entry, but it looks as though most of the architecture was built to accommodate most races on the lower side of average. Grand for dwarves, cramped for elves. Still, the lobby is an immaculately decorated affair, with some of the finest stonework and craftsmanship seen in all of Bortevo. As most offices of administration are, however, there's a bulldog of a receptionist that is more than happy to separate the proverbial wheat from the chaff. With a practiced smile and a strange projection of voice, she not so much bellows to the hall as booms in your general direction.
"Whewell! Looks like the rumors were true! Welcome to Bortevo, travellers - What can we do for you today?"

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Jun 24, 2017 around 00:13

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Joyce Johnston

Joyce tries to be as courteous as possible, per her limited knightly training, as she steps forward. "Mighty kind welcome o'ya, sir. M'name's Joyce Johnston, an' me an' a buncha other folks're here about a job postin' ya made back in Landale, name o'Zevlin? The search fer missin' minin' expeditions. We figured ya'd wanna know that we arrived, an' that we're gonna be takin' off ta go look fer 'em either later tonight or th'next mornin', just in case ya had anythin' ya wanted ta say 'fore we took off."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Viktor Wlazdek

Viktor wanders the streets, looking at items for sale, but, more than that, keeping his eyes and ears open. What's going on in the city? What are the rumors on the street? Exactly what's worrying people? Could it be anyone has any idea about the missing miners? Viktor doesn't know, but he's going to see what he'll piece together.

Diplomacy (Gather information0: 1d20+9 16

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Bortevo Mining Coalition HQ

The receptionist quirks her head a bit. Accents were common, but Joyce's was a little on the thick side. Still, she nods and files through some papers. "Posting in Landale? Zevlin must b'desperate, indeed." Glancing through the notice, she quirks her head a bit further. "Huh. We normally take care of these internally." It seems this was a little out of the ordinary, but not enough to really worry over. Looking back up to the steel-clad giant, she flicks her hand to a series of small switches. "Were you looking to speak w'him, or get right to the matter?"

Bortevo Undermarket

From what Viktor can gather, a lot of the murmuring is about seeing some tallerfolk in town, with a bit of talk about the mines being somewhat out of sorts. A particularly rich strike led to some extra expeditions from one of the companies, over and above worries of digging too deep. Lots of talk of "those buggers" around, with one junk stand in particular dealing in bits.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2017 around 01:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Dr. Hyrgan Thornthwaite

While the rest of the crew heads off to gather intel and the like, Hyrgan remains behind with the cart; partially to watch their belongings, partially to finish creating his last potion. He also takes the time to eat some of his cheese; since his youth, he'd always had a fondness for the substance, and always make sure to carry some. The hard ones, of course, that keep long enough for travel. So under the pleasure of some cheese and wine, he records the day's events in his journal, including the bullette attack.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«3 »