Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
that kinda sucks for heavyweight if he doesn't fight again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

XD

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Gassed so hard he retired. Wow

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

Lmao heavyweight is so bad

It's pretty good, to me

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Lol Mark just retired 50% of the major heavyweight prospects

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
dana was watching the rising star of the division get out-cardio'd by mark hunt while signing the paperwork to close flyweight

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
This dude just threw out his back spamming jumping high kicks then retired lol. If he had back problems why on earth was he fighting that way?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heavyweight is cool

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

No Derrick, come back and keep smashing bad heavyweights !!!

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kragger99 posted:

Almost looks like Lewis hurt his back.

Too many wild kicks/knees must have thrown his back out. I really hope he doesn't retire though. He's so good for the division.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

GREAT SATAN posted:

This dude just threw out his back spamming jumping high kicks then retired lol. If he had back problems why on earth was he fighting that way?

cause he probably knew this was it, why not throw some crazy poo poo in your last fight

I didn't realize Lewis had 12 UFC fights, that's actually a pretty decent run

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Stipe going to be the best heavyweight of all time. Only Cain can stop him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

GREAT SATAN posted:

because he loves us

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
almost had a 2 man gas out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GREAT SATAN posted:

He was fighting that way because he was fighting Mark Hunt and pretty much the only way to put him away is a head kick or a perfect knee.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Bubba Smith posted:

cause he probably knew this was it, why not throw some crazy poo poo in your last fight

I didn't realize Lewis had 12 UFC fights, that's actually a pretty decent run

From that perspective this fight makes a lot more sense. He threw as much wild poo poo as he could just to give the fans a show. Happy retirement Black Beast

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was fighting that way because he was fighting Mark Hunt and pretty much the only way to put him away is a head kick or a perfect knee.

Or weigh 60 pounds more than him, and use steroids.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Mr. Nice! posted:

this is how i saw it. mark has seen every single conventional kick and punch a million times. putting him out usually requires something he doesn't expect 300lb dudes to be able to do.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I was really impressed with Hunt's speed. In round 1&2 he was closing distance and getting back out lightning fast for someone close to 300 lbs.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I think/hope he was just embarrassed by how hard he gassed there and will rethink that, because I do not want to live in a world where I don't have Derrick Lewis postfight promos to look forward to

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
eh I'd rather lewis retire cause he pretty much hit his peak. A top 10 fighter in his division. He isn't going to be a champion and I doubt UFC is ever going to sign him to a major contract. He got to main event a few cards and got to knock out Travis Browne.

Hunt should be put in a title eliminator asap and even then gently caress it just go ahead and book the Stipe rematch.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

eh I'd rather lewis retire cause he pretty much hit his peak. A top 10 fighter in his division. He isn't going to be a champion and I doubt UFC is ever going to sign him to a major contract. He got to main event a few cards and got to knock out Travis Browne.

Hunt should be put in a title eliminator asap and even then gently caress it just go ahead and book the Stipe rematch.

I mean, maybe Dana hates Hunt enough to give him a rematch with Stipe. But I like him so I don't want to see it.

Goodnight Black Beast, I'll remember you fondly, you were too cool for the UFC.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black beast has left the ho

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Black beast has left the ho

lol

Bubba Smith posted:

I never want to watch Hunt fight Stipe again

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Kragger99 posted:

I think Hunt being so patient in the first 3 rounds got him that win. Otherwise he'd have been just as gassed or more. So glad he won though.

hunt is good at this. i can't recall offhand any time in his ufc run where he's had a fight he's been ahead in totally turned around by rushing in and getting clipped. shogun fought like this in his last fight too.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Neurosis posted:

i can't recall offhand any time in his ufc run where he's had a fight he's been ahead in totally turned around by rushing in and getting clipped.

I'd say he was winning the werdum fight but I haven't watched it in a while

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

old.flv posted:

I'd say he was winning the werdum fight but I haven't watched it in a while

He was but he was already starting to slow in the 2nd before he got caught, which is likely because he took that fight on a month's notice and it was high-altitude

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVMBydtA86A/

Heavyweight is the best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dead link

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Derrick Lewis eating a big plate of ribs an chicken and hour before the fight. Also the bin was full of potato chip packets.

Memento fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 11, 2017

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Mark Hunt def. Derrick Lewis via TKO (The Itis) R4, 3:51

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

Derrick Lewis eating a big plate of ribs an chicken and hour before the fight. Also the bin was full of potato chip packets.

then I sincerely hope the link becomes undead, unless it's just my end and then who knows

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Unless that was specifically the last fight on his contract I reckon Lewis was just wallowing in the agony of defeat after being pummeled into a standing coma but trying to find a compensatory way to appease his fiance simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Good job Mark, ya did it

• Locked thread