Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's cool that I've already met the adorable woman of my dreams and I never have to settle. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's cool that I've already met the adorable woman of my dreams and I never have to settle. :smuggo:

She probably did.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Yug posted:

She probably did.

Nope. I'm successful with a very decent job and naturally good looks. :)

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Take the date I went on last night. The guy was substantially older. He had a long history of major depression and said, in reference to the movies he was writing, “I’m fascinated by comas” and “I have a strong interest in terrorists.”

lmao

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nope. I'm successful with a very decent job and naturally good looks. :)

The first part sure, I have no doubt you qualify for a good meal ticket.

The second part? Probably not so much. There's probably several men in her past you don't exactly "measure up" to if you get my meaning.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
Last night, I went out for drinks with a 63 year old insurance salesman. He told me he was a "men's rights advocate" and spent most of the evening talking about his pet spider. Verdict: 6/10, definite marriage material.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
Hello, I am a middle aged single woman, and my life is a wide-awake nightmare.

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm saving up a little bit of money right now so that the woman who eventually settles for me, um can spend it all? Gah, what, am I,

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Yug posted:

The first part sure, I have no doubt you qualify for a good meal ticket.

The second part? Probably not so much. There's probably several men in her past you don't exactly "measure up" to if you get my meaning.

have you ever posted in r/incel?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Head North posted:

Last night, I went out for drinks with a 63 year old insurance salesman. He told me he was a "men's rights advocate" and spent most of the evening talking about his pet spider. Verdict: 6/10, definite marriage material.

Well tell us about the spider

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

horrible people deserve other horrible people. let's pray they don't reproduce

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

Don't worry, secular liberals have the lowest birth rates in the entire developed world so we're okay there

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Yug posted:

Don't worry, secular liberals have the lowest birth rates in the entire developed world so we're okay there

https://www.reddit.com/r/Incels/

go be among your own kind

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not an incel, I gently caress AND suck. And I'm not blaming women. Most men are pathetic weaklings.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

I'm not an incel, I gently caress AND suck. And I'm not blaming women. Most men are pathetic weaklings.

My model train collection says otherwise.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Head North posted:

My model train collection says otherwise.

why don't you marry it

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

reading that poo poo in the OP im confident no one should reproduce

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ever want to watch something really depressing watch My 600 Pound Life. I mean not even is it gross, almost all of the people on it weight 600+ pounds and are immobile if not confined to a bed but a ton of them are in relationships and they abuse their partners who give them ridiculous amounts of food and wipe up their poo poo. And most of their partners aren't even that fat. I mean most of them are fat but like normal fat not like poop in the bed fat.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Head North posted:

Hello, I am a middle aged single woman, and my life is a wide-awake nightmare.

I'm rolling up on 50, and I get to hear the stories about my wife's friends that basically boil down to that. But we also know women who seem perfectly content being 40+ and single.

We've been married 30 years now, and when friends ask how, I can only tell them it's just luck if you even like someone after that much time together.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Imagine the struggles of hoisting your 600 pound lover into the cleansing pit for the weekly hosing after her stink became too thick to put up with

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

half of all teh couples separate and split up and divorce

Sorry to say, but soon you will be alone again, only much older and desperate

and then you'll settle

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

Fartbox posted:

half of all teh couples separate and split up and divorce

Sorry to say, but soon you will be alone again, only much older and desperate

and then you'll settle

but if you find your true waifu, that's forever (´・ω・`)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baxter posted:

I'm rolling up on 50, and I get to hear the stories about my wife's friends that basically boil down to that. But we also know women who seem perfectly content being 40+ and single.

We've been married 30 years now, and when friends ask how, I can only tell them it's just luck if you even like someone after that much time together.

Well to be fair it is completely insane to marry someone at 20 and expect it to last very long. I pretty much expect any marriage under the age of say 26-30 to fail within a few years.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Well to be fair it is completely insane to marry someone at 20 and expect it to last very long. I pretty much expect any marriage under the age of say 26-30 to fail within a few years.

holy poo poo that av

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Three Olives posted:

Can't disagree with you at all.

Pure luck that we're still compatible.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Baxter posted:

Can't disagree with you at all.

Pure luck that we're still compatible.

Pure luck or she's getting her satisfaction on the side.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
This is oppression by society to marry no matter what. What happens when you are in the marriage bed and neither one actually wants to gently caress? It's a disaster that already happened.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yug was your mother a narcissist and not the parent you deserved, and this created your long-standing issues with women - particularly, discomfort with women who won't assume a submissive role to you and other men?

Do over-weight feminists who don't invest enough time in their beauty yet dare share their uncouth opinions bother you more than the elitist billionaire men with capital controls that actively gently caress you over in your day-to-day, rendering you a beta who posts sad thoughts about women and minorities on a long-dead (and gay if I may add) 'comedy' forum?

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Yug posted:

Pure luck or she's getting her satisfaction on the side.

I suppose it's possible.

I'd have been surprised if someone here didn't suggest it.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 10, 2017

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

i like that posted:

Yug was your mother a narcissist and not the parent you deserved, and this created your long-standing issues with women - particularly, discomfort with women who won't assume a submissive role to you and other men?

Do over-weight feminists who don't invest enough time in their beauty yet dare share their uncouth opinions bother you more than the elitist billionaire men with capital controls that actively gently caress you over in your day-to-day, rendering you a beta who posts sad thoughts about women and minorities on a long-dead (and gay if I may add) 'comedy' forum?

moreover, were you ever bullied by someone named chad?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

"It was doomed when I started asserting myself, which meant that our arguments came more often and involved more screaming. Because it was never enough to capitulate and let Lori have her own way, we then had to have a meta-argument where I confessed the errors in reason and logic that prevented me from seeing things her way in the first place."

Good lord that author sounds like a loving nightmare

She wrote an entire book about her ex that she dated for like 7 months called "Fat Like Him" which was self congratulatory for dating a fat lawyer who supported her while she failed out of medschool.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

I don't have any issues with women, you're projecting.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
turns out the man you were going to settle for is now ~going his own way~

what now you vapid oval office :smug:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm going to take a brave stand and say don't date psychopaths, even if they are settling for you. In fact someone framing it as settling might be a bit of an indicator.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I think some people are too picky, but if you've ever read the r/relationships thread or E/N a lot of people put up with some unhealthy poo poo. relationships are work, and honestly i think a lot of people dont really seem to acknowledge it. also this author makes it sound like you dont even need to like the guy. i think you should like your partner, just you know understand they and you are not perfect.

There's also a decent amount of posts that boil down to "my partner is perfect in everyway but they don't give me ~butterflies~ anymore and so Ima break up for no reason", which is like one thing when they're 20 but when they're pushing 30 you'd think they'd have grown out of it.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

I don't have any issues with women, you're projecting.

You're lying. Unban Keep It Real.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
It is reassuring to see that time is on my side as a Punjabi man with no college degree who works in manufacturing who wants to have a relationship with a middle class white woman.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I dated one lovely high-maintenance girl (and like, real high maintenance, as in I flaked out on her one time to go to a friends going-away party and she got insanely pissed that I didn't want to come over to her apartment and watch DVDs like the last 5 consecutive nights. Not the "that bitch wants me to go out to nice restaurants occasionally and dress nicely when I meet her family" high maintenance that lame dudes seem to fear) and that was enough of a bad time to never ever date one of them again.

they're easy as gently caress to avoid too, i don't know why guys even get bent out of shape about them. like, I've never been surprised when a woman all of a sudden turns out to be nuts or anything; the signs are always there, so you just move on to the next woman and that's easy-peasy because the majority of women are awesome people.

i feel like when most dudes discuss women in a negative manner its kind of like when rural republicans discuss the danger of minorities; it's like dude, you're doing a good enough job keeping people away from you already, don't worry so much about the hypothetical crappy ones, you really aren't in a position where it's going to be too big an issue. The in-shape yuppy earning 6 figures has to worry a bit about filtering out lovely women. most guys not so much.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 10, 2017

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jared Kush posted:

It is reassuring to see that time is on my side as a Punjabi man with no college degree who works in manufacturing who wants to have a relationship with a middle class white woman.

Someone's gotta bat cleanup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

I dated one lovely high-maintenance girl (and like, real high maintenance, as in I flaked out on her one time to go to a friends going-away party and she got insanely pissed that I didn't want to come over to her apartment and watch DVDs like the last 5 consecutive nights. Not the "that bitch wants me to go out to nice restaurants occasionally and dress nicely when I meet her family" high maintenance that lame dudes seem to fear) and that was enough of a bad time to never ever date one of them again.

they're easy as gently caress to avoid too, i don't know why guys even get bent out of shape about them. like, I've never been surprised when a woman all of a sudden turns out to be nuts or anything; the signs are always there, so you just move on to the next woman and that's easy-peasy because the majority of women are awesome people.

i feel like when a dudes discuss women in a negative manner its kind of like when rural republicans discuss the danger of minorities; it's like dude, you're doing a good enough job keeping people away from you already, don't worry so much about the hypothetical crappy ones, you really aren't in a position where it's going to be too big an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NF5XU-k2Vk

• Locked thread