Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

coyo7e posted:

I save my "eat pretty but nutritionally useless stuff" for once or twice a year. Usually when my chives get blooming like crazy, and I lightly bread and flash-fry them and put them on top of other dishes. But it's still useless or likely negative, from a both nutritional, time, and energy-used standpoint. How much water did it take to bloom those alliums and borage, and do you actually use them for anything else? Are they from your own garden or someone you know and trust to not spray or hire landscapers who spray, etc? You're literally FRYING those flowers to serve on top of some "healthy" veggie and fish and rice summer dish..?

None of those things I just said have anything to do with chili. So stop with this fancy flower stuff or make a thread for it.

“Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” -Alan D. Wolfelt

PRETTY FOOD MOTHERFUCKERS, CAN YOU POST IT?

This is the thread for talking about edible flowers, pretty food, and other edibles that hit us in the ovaries, or give us a tinglie in the dinglie, or just a general twee of delight for those of us that do not use gendered organs for experiencing food. Shiny, colorful, pretty glitter unicorn food. Tea Parties with pink lemonade and cream puffs. Also post any pretty flowers you may encounter and then eat.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Big Beef City posted:

My wife and I grow chives in our garden.
We've kept a small patch of them ever since we've started our garden since buying our first home.
Those chives have been through hell and back! Tough Wisconsin winters, harsh sun, blizzards, rain, hail, you name it, that rotund little patch beats back all. Unstoppable.
Last November, my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Just this spring, I lost her.
If the chives came back, I thought, so could I.
This is for you, darling...

See, not only is it a beautiful story, but that loaf of cat food is beauty from a chemical engineering standpoint. HOWEVER. We are talking about pretty things, and reject the pathological nightmare that is modernity's quest for 'beauty'! LET EVERYTHING BE SHINY AND COLORFUL, fleeting and shallow as a caribbean tide pool next to the wreck of a crashed glitter and engine oil cargo ship.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Holy balls that is all so PRETTY. What's the source on that?

• Locked thread