Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Convex posted:

I got confused with this because in one of the earlier videos you mentioned the pistol ammo being extremely front loaded in the game, and then proceeded to rarely use it throughout the entire school (I'm only up to episode 4). Is there any risk of just running dry if you try to kill everything in sight?

Yeah, pistol ammo is dropped on you in bucketloads at the start, and then it slowly tapers off as the game goes on. Eventually the pistol is basically replaced with the shotgun entirely, except shotgun ammo is rarer and pistol ammo dries up pretty much completely. But by then you don't really need the pistol anymore so it's not so bad. If you kill everything with guns and don't bother with melee then yeah, you probably will run out.

edit: And part of why I have so much stock is because I don't bother fighting anything on the streets. This game recommends you do but future games don't because the developers realized it's much more satisfying to dodge them than stand your ground when you're out in the fog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Fun fact, by the way, I've actually been subtly foreshadowing my Silent Hill LP series for quite some time. In ways nobody would ever notice, but still, I've been dropping little hints.

Click on the last bit of barbed wire in my The Evil Within LP's artbook section. That was there from the very start!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
ps I don't know poo poo about gently caress about Resident Evil. I know who Jill Valentine is, I know the game's Japanese name is BioHazard, and I know that Resident Evil 2 came out in 1997 because I remember the commercials.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Fun fact, by the way, I've actually been subtly foreshadowing my Silent Hill LP series for quite some time. In ways nobody would ever notice, but still, I've been dropping little hints.

Click on the last bit of barbed wire in my The Evil Within LP's artbook section. That was there from the very start!

Huh.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Don't forget that you also hinted at it in your Dead Space 3 Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQOYlsAFCcE

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
And now my tinnitus is acting up again.

Thank you, Sally.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

CJacobs posted:

It doesn't seem to come up very often when discussing the game, but SH3's soundtrack is unbelievably good, so great track choice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Don't forget that you also hinted at it in your Dead Space 3 Let's Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQOYlsAFCcE

The SANIC meme wasn't funny 3 years ago and it's still not funny now! I steadfastly hold to this belief!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The SANIC meme wasn't funny 3 years ago and it's still not funny now! I steadfastly hold to this belief!

My stance on this is that the SANIC meme is funny when you use it to gently caress with people. Which Blind Sally successfully accomplished with at least 1 person so far (me).

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
The scene where Lisa tells you she's too afraid to leave the hospital with Harry, but also too scared to be there (where Harry leaves her) being in the episode that you titled the way you did is pretty funny, in a dark sort of way.

She's so cold, and so twitchy, because she's in withdrawal from the White Claudia drug Kaufmann had her strung out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
Loving this LP CJacobs! I'm a big fan of Voidburger's run of this and I like how you're doing it, too! I think you talked about subtitles vs talking and I like both: I can hear the ambient sounds just fine around your commentary.

• Locked thread