Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I will forever, never, ever be over the loving terror I felt first walking down the alley, watching the camera actually move (after RE1's static cameras), seeing the sun go down, hearing the air raid siren, coming across the wheelchair and stretcher, the blood and the music and the noise ramping up, and then just everything else happening all at once.

Even as goofy as the first Silent Hill movie got as it went on replicating that alley scene was a masterful way to draw me into it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The way-too-young-to-be-playing-Silent-Hill me was, to put it mildly, not expecting a dark and spooky school filled with stabby grey children to somehow get worse.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've always called them "gently caress gently caress gently caress get away from me"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

This is a very versatile name for the entire family of creatures you find in Silent Hill.

There's also the "Oh gently caress it's flying" genus and the "getitoffmyleg" genus.

There's actually only ever been a few Silent Hill enemies that set that off in my brain. And honestly I didn't even remember they showed up now, I remember them from a later level which prompted that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Esoteric Scientist posted:

As someone who has never played the game before, I'm loving the lp so far.

How does the kicking/stomping thing work? I noticed sometiimes you kick monsters when they are kocked out, and sometimes you just let them die by themselves.

In this specific case it's because the nurses will fall down but not be dead after two bashes with the hammer but since they stay on their feet for a bit after the second time hitting them a third time with the hammer counts as hitting them "on the floor" as it were. The stomp is there so you don't have to use a bullet or switch to a melee weapon every time you want to actually kill a monster.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The first time I played this area I remember turning off the flashlight when I was out on the streets and just running, even before the shift to the other side. I don't remember if it worked, probably not.

I think the top of the lighthouse is one of the more disconcertingly quiet places in the whole game. Nothing happens there yet everything is telling you something should be.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess that note was cut because gruesome child death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Those are some bizarre credits I don't remember at all.

• Locked thread